carrie1975

Sephora traveling box #2

[ Edited ]

IMG_20130822_230349_323.jpg

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we

edit(finally) the final list

1. jaimelove

2. bambina 2011

3,christydiane

4.wendyomgwar

5.kalex

6. Missie772

7, Poshified

8. DesertRose0706

9,nebel

10.lindaDD

11.qmgirl

12.viviene23

13.jellybean917

14.mafan

15.violalea

16.arielaaaaaa

17.rikkie

18.Aznangelliz

19.ggrace

20.dannyc

21.mollybb

22.theramenlover

23.spyski

24.Kiki1517

25.gtichick

26. carrie1975

Rules

-don't keep the box for more than a few days

-don't put in anything unsanitary

-send your address to the person above you

-try to place what you took with something as nice or nicer

-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them

-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left

-package things carefully and put things that could leak in ziplock bags

-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before

-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we can do the same rules as #1. So, who wants to get this beauty box first?

Missie772

Re: Sephora traveling box #2

(0) Hearts

Oh no! I hate when that happens!! I hope it didn't stain your clothes! I did that with a BB cream once on my PJs. I wiped off the excess and just threw it into the basket. After I had washed and dried it, the shirt had a BB cream stain on it! I figured if it would wipe off with makeup remover or cleanser, then putting it through the washer would get it off. Guess not! I think it sat in the dirty clothes pile a bit too long and it soaked in!

The Sephora I normally go to does not have Givenchy there. The one a bit further away does. I may go there and check it out to see how much is in the actual item. That would be absolutely insane to give away a foil packet that has more product than the actual Mister Light! It probably is the pretty applicator pen that people are paying for!

jaimelove

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

luckily i was wearing a short sleeved shirt, so nothing got anywhere but on my skin, and on the magazine that it was on top of :smileyhappy: easy clean up! 

i always have way too much laundry so stuff stays in the dirty baskets too long, i'm always forgetting things and letting stains set it >< at least it was just pjs that got stained, though, and not something that you would actually wear out of your house! unless you're one of "those"... :smileywink: 

bambina2011

Thanks girly! Have fun with your daughter tomorrow! I can't wait for the box to arrive! :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

YAY. the box is in portland tonight and should arrive tomorrow! can't wait :smileyhappy: 

bambina2011

(0) Hearts

OMG! How exciting!!! Tomorrow is gonna be a great day! 😊

jaimelove

[ Edited ]

indeed :smileyhappy: my daughter comes home from her dad's on thursday so i'm going to wait until then to make any final decisions. she's 10 and loves to help me with my makeup choices lol. she's going to be a know it all when it comes time that i start allowing her to wear makeup to school! (probably 7th or 8th grade, that's how old we were when my mom let us start buying basic items. but maybe not until high school, because she's already growing up way too fast!) i'll try to get it shipped out to you on friday! if not, we will really try for saturday, but my boyfriend has school in the am and work in he pm so he'll have to hit the post office on his way home from school :smileyhappy: 

edit: i have a few boxes coming on friday too, so i may have some samples to throw in :smileyhappy: i know i grabbed one or two of the urban decay lippy samples with you in mind, since you said you were interested in makeup! also the cover fx primer perk that i haven't tried before. i got two of those so i will likely throw one in :smileyhappy: 

carrie1975

sounds like a great mother-daughter activity! Mine is in college soi don't get to do those very often. We do get to do that over the phone as she opens her surprise boxes.

jaimelove

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

how fun! carli is just now starting to get into more girly things... her step dad is getting scared that soon he'll have two of us spending a ton of money at sephora and elsewhere. lol. i try to get carli a few little surprises every time she's at her dad's house :smileyhappy: i'm actually kind of excited for her to start wearing makeup and such, just so we can shop for it together! once in a while i'll give her little makeovers when we are just hanging out around the house. she's 10 and she's already too dang pretty so she doesn't wear it out! 

carrie1975

So the box got off today! Yay! tracking so everyone can follow it's progress is 9114901075742854751422

still no data on the laptop so if people can refrain from posting above me for now, the list should stay near the top.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

LOL i suppose taht answers my question :smileyvery-happy: yay! do you have an inventory of what you added? i am impatient :smileywink: trying to put together a game plan! haha

carrie1975

everything in those last two pictures went in the box plus few surprise items. I am sorry to say I filled it quite a bit but  that leaves more for you to remove! Have fun and post some pictures of the treasures you s natched up.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i am so very excited :smileyvery-happy: i'll definitely post what i s n a t c h e d, and what i put in :smileyhappy: i had my eye on the murad face wash, but it's got salicylic acid in it, doesn't it? i am allergic :smileysad: boo. but! there's so much other fun stuff so i ain't even mad :smileywink: i'm most excited for the flowerbomb mini! 

mafan

Yes, the Murad wash does contain salicylic acid.  But there seems to be a ton of fun stuff in the box so hopefully you'll have a great time playing with it.

And if all of that Yellow Diamond perfume really went in, I think everyone is going to have to take some out or we'll never get anything else in. :smileywink:

I can't wait to see what you choose and what you add.

(And since we can't stop talking about the box, I guess we'll just keep reposting the list/rules since @carrie1975 can't seem to edit the original one. :smileyhappy: )

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Here's the list again in the mean time until the actual post gets edited
1. jaimelove
2. bambina 2011
3,christydiane
4.wendyomgwar
5.kalex
6. Missie772
7, Poshified
8. DesertRose0706
9,nebel
10.lindaDD
11.qmgirl
12.viviene23
13.jellybean917
14.mafan
15.violalea
16.arielaaaaaa
17.rikkie
18.Aznangelliz
19.ggrace
20.dannyc
21.mollybb
22.theramenlover
23.spyski
24.Kiki1517
25.gtichick
26. carrie1975

Rules
-don't keep the box for more than a few days
-don't put in anything unsanitary
-send your address to the person above you
-try to place what you took with something as nice or nicer
-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them
-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left
-package things carefully and put things that could leak in ziplock bags
-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before
-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

Spyski

carrie1975, can you please edit your description and put the list on there and any other instructions/rules if necessary for convenience? It's just a pain going through the thread to find the updated list and instructions from time to time :smileyhappy:

mafan

Can I just say that I don't think too much stuff should be reserved for someone who is a long way down the line after you?  My thinking is two fold. 

1, that might be the thing that several people ahead of you want and it's probably not too much fun to open the box and feel like the thing you like the most is something you can't take.

2, this box is going to be loaded down.  If a bunch of stuff stays in that is reserved, it makes it harder for people to take out things that they like and put in what they have.  It would be pretty lousy to get a box filled with things that aren't your style and things reserved for other people, and not see too much you want to take out (except maybe reserved stuff) and have a bunch of stuff you can't fit into the box.

I'd also suggest that if there are 3 of the same item already in the box, don't add more of the same thing unless you know there are a bunch of people after you actively seeking that item.  It really limits the choices for other people and if they're big, it takes up room they can't use.

(I guess I'm saying if someone 2-3 people before you is adding something you want, ask the people ahead of you if they'd leave it if they don't want it, or maybe reserve it at that point.  But don't ask person 2 to reserve something for person 14 unless it's tiny and no one cares.  If it's there, it's there.  If not, I'm sure something else good will be.)

rikkie

I agree, it's one thing for someone to post things that they are thinking of putting in the box, and the next person or two to say there's something they're interested in so that person knows it will find a happy home and be sure to put it in the box, but I think the idea is to get a box of things each person can choose from and not a box of things going to someone else. 

Each person will add some more new and exciting things, so we will all have lots to choose from, you never know what might show up! I mentioned a few things I was interested in to people, so they are hopefully more likely to add it to the box, but anyone in between should take what they want, and maybe the original owner will decide they can't part with something, and that's more than okay too. :smileyhappy: 

mafan

Yea, part of the fun of watching this is thinking "oh, if that got to me, I might like that".  And then I see someone else's suggested pile and I think "oh, maybe I'd choose that instead".  I'd just hate to promise something to someone at the end (since I'm halfway through) and then find that someone else really wanted it.  I might put it in knowing it would find a happy home later down the road if it's still there, and if it isn't, then it definitely found a happy home. :smileyhappy: 

But suggesting what you might like is helpful.  I can't believe how big the bag of possibles is getting.  Some are definitely going into one of the boxes, as I will NEVER use it and don't know why I bought it (why in heaven's name when I'm about to turn 50 and have light skin and blue eyes, did I buy a glittery charcoal eye shadow even if it was on sale?) so I really hope someone will like it, and others are dupes that I might just decide I won't part with after all.

The sad part is that I know I have deluxe samples and parts of kits I haven't gone through yet that will only add to the collection.  So I'm counting on all of you to add in just the perfect things for me so that I have room to send you all some wonderful stuff. :smileyhappy:

gtichick

[ Edited ]

I am so far down on the list that all of the 15+ julep/opi/ciate polishes I have won't be too useful to anyone looking, but for all of the people before me I am super interested in nude eyeshadow palettes, any kind of skin care products, perfumes (prada candy, wonderstuck, lavanilla vanilla blackberry and guerlain specifically) and neutral colored eyeliners! I am really hoping some fun products will find their way to me :smileyhappy: If this box doesn't totally deplete my nail polish stash I am totally willing to join another after it and come before someone who loves polishes!

LindaDD

(0) Hearts

Remember, whatever is left in the box at the end will be donated, so anything you put in will be useful to someone down the line.

mollybb

I haven't gone through all of my stuff yet since I'm in the process of moving, but I should have some skincare stuff to put in and I think I have a Wonderstruck rollerball somewhere that I'm not completely in love with. I'll keep you in mind when I figure out what to put in the box.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 717 replies
  • 532 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar