carrie1975

Sephora traveling box #2

[ Edited ]

IMG_20130822_230349_323.jpg

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we

edit(finally) the final list

1. jaimelove

2. bambina 2011

3,christydiane

4.wendyomgwar

5.kalex

6. Missie772

7, Poshified

8. DesertRose0706

9,nebel

10.lindaDD

11.qmgirl

12.viviene23

13.jellybean917

14.mafan

15.violalea

16.arielaaaaaa

17.rikkie

18.Aznangelliz

19.ggrace

20.dannyc

21.mollybb

22.theramenlover

23.spyski

24.Kiki1517

25.gtichick

26. carrie1975

Rules

-don't keep the box for more than a few days

-don't put in anything unsanitary

-send your address to the person above you

-try to place what you took with something as nice or nicer

-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them

-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left

-package things carefully and put things that could leak in ziplock bags

-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before

-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we can do the same rules as #1. So, who wants to get this beauty box first?

GGrace

Re: Sephora traveling box #2

(0) Hearts

I will probably have so much more to add by the time it gets to me because I know I'll pick up more julep boxes and value kits but only want half of it

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I'm excited! I wish i would have gone sooner on the list but oh well, I can wait! Plus i'll be buying more things and have more to put in :smileyhappy:

DST57

(0) Hearts

I was out of town for the past few days and am SO sad that I missed this one too :-( I'm going to have to really keep my eyes open from this point forward for the next time a box gets started!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Such a cool idea.  I need to hold on to my stuff so that I can join!

I usually leave a bag at my office and let folks take what they want (more the sample sizes).  The younger folks are the first ones to pounce (free stuff!).  It's perfect because we all travel, and they're just the right size.

Love how the rest go to a deserving place.

carrie1975

Check back for a new post on Tuesday to sign up for box #3

DST57

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Awesome thanks for the heads up!

Edit to add: I really hope there's still enough of us left to have a good box!

ChicDabbler

I don't have enough to start a box, but definitely a dozen or so good things left. Or I can dig into the stash of the thing was planning to keep to myself, can prob spare a dozen or two items from there.

ps. I would be interested

LindaDD

There should be plenty of interest. If not, I'm sure a few of us here (including me) would like to jump on that one too if there's still spots available.

DST57

(0) Hearts

Fingers crossed :-)

violalea

(0) Hearts

Haha for some reason I was thinking that I would just need to get a few items out (mini perfumes :smileywink:)  and put in a few mini perfumes and some other stuff into the box I had received and then mail it out to the next person. But it seems like we need a new box each time?? Please clarify this. Thanks!!!

LindaDD

(0) Hearts

No, a new box shouldn't be needed each time, but if the box arrives looking a little worn out, it would probably be best to get a fresh one.

violalea

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Oh I see :smileyhappy: Yeah pobably after 4-5 times the box wont be in good shape anymore.  Thanks!!!!!

mafan

(0) Hearts

Actually, the boxes are free and the postage cost is fixed per size. I strongly recommend using a new box each time. They way that priority boxes are sealed means that it's easy to tear the box when you open it, especially if it is taped closed. 

Even if the box doesn't start out as priority large, it probably will get that way very quickly. So getting a large box when you are near the post office (or ordering one) means you won't have to worry about it. Of course you might want a day or two (or three) to look through everything, so that leaves time for a box to arrive if you really can't pick one up. 

Remember that you need to pack nail polish and perfume especially carefully. 

If you take the box to the post office, they will ask you if anything is hazardous, liquid, or perishable. If you say it is liquid,they might even ask about perfume. If you tell them it has perfume, they can definitely make you send it surface mail, and that goes by weight. Just be aware. 

violalea

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

True. Good idea about 1 new box each time. :smileyhappy:

So it wont be always $15-19 for shipping? How could we make sure for the shipping only in that range? Thanks.

LindaDD

We're doing flat rate shipping since the box is going to get very heavy, so it costs the same no matter where you send it within the country. It costs $12.35 to ship a medium flat rate box ($11.30 if you buy it online) and $16.85 to ship a large flat rate box ($15.30 if you buy online).

mafan

(0) Hearts

Exactly, but if you tell them there is perfume in the box, they very well might not take it.  So just be aware when you take it in to be mailed.  And it might not need a new box every time, but I bet it won't make 4-5 trips too happily so you might need to get a new box when it gets to you.

wendyomgwar

This is random but for some reason I remember once chatting with one of you girsl (don't remember the name sorry :smileysad:!) And you happened to mention that you wanted to try benetint? Well if you're here I have a sample that I'd send just for your :smileyhappy: 

Missie772

OH YES! I totally remember now! It was me!!! It has been on my wish list for forever, but it didn't work for a few people so I haven't been able to jump the gun and buy it yet. And of course since I want to try it out for my lips (and cheeks), I didn't want to use the testers for sanitary purposes.

I would love the sample of that! And I am so happy that you are two above me!!! Great memory for remembering that! :smileyhappy: Thank you so much for thinking of me!!! :smileyhappy: Sending you my love! <3

wendyomgwar

Yaaaay :smileyhappy:!!! Sorry I forgot it was you! I'll be sure to put it in the box for you and write your name on it or something! You get a lot of uses out of it (I have the sample that I like to keep for traveling/ bag purposes lol)

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much! I am looking forward to it!!!

LindaDD

So to those who are unused to shipping, you can do this without leaving the house if you choose.

1. Get a free Priority mail box:

I just found that you can get the priority boxes shipped to you for free: https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_B_Free&categoryNavIds=catGe...

2. Pay for shipping online:

You can also print out postage online, which will save you $1.50 or so ($15.30 versus $16.85). It's available at https://cns.usps.com/go (you'll need an account with USPS) or, if you have a Paypal account, you can use it for shipping as well: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now. Priority shipping automatically comes with a tracking number and estimated delivery date, so you can pass that info to the person after you.

3. Schedule a pickup:

Your mail carrier can pick up your package during their delivery time, you'll just need to schedule it ahead of time: https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 717 replies
  • 523 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar