Sephora Rewards Bazaar

[ Edited ]

A thread for updates on the new Rewards Bazaar - to see a list of current point perks:

Spoiler

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST

• There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
    • However, so far the rewards have been released around 9 am PST
  • There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    • Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
    • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
  • There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times 

There may not be any "big" point perks added. Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.

Updated Terms & Conditions: as of August 16, 2016:

Spoiler
image.jpeg

Previews are below - note that these are just sneak peeks, as we do not have complete details as to which perks will be available, when, or what's included. Additional perks usually pop up as a surprise! 

SNEAK PEEK - MARCH - quantity is for CANADA:

Spoiler

bazaar march 17 can 1.JPG

SNEAK PEEK - MARCH - quantity is for UNITED STATES:

Spoiler
bazaar march 17 us 1.jpg

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar

@kbmatthews For the 2500 point perk?

I searched through the thread to see if there was a screenshot posted, but I didn't see one. 

However, the link (for now) is still working, in case that helps at all:

http://www.sephora.com/sephora-attend-cafa-after-party-toronto-travel-not-included-P417389?skuId=192...

(0) Hearts

I went to the CAFA event last year for 10 K points! It was great Smiley Happy With that reward, I got a night at the hotel, ticket to the show and after party (with a guest) as well as appointments to get my hair and makeup done...plus a goodie bag!

Thanks, yeah I found the link earlier, that's why I wanted to know if anyone had the earlier info Smiley Sad I was so sure it had hotel listed, but it doesn't any longer, now I'm unsure haha.

(0) Hearts

@kbmatthews ahh, I think there were two separate perks for CAFA. This one for just the after party and another's (10,000?) which included hotel I think. 

Yeah, there were two. But originally in this specific description, whether it was a mistake or not, I could have sworn it said hotel was included originally. So, was just hoping someone else saw that or got a screenshot Smiley Happy 

@kbmatthews   No, youre right. I was trying to post a screenshot but the site is not cooperating.. if you want I can text it to you.

(0) Hearts

@to90 that would be AMAZING!! I'll message you.

Thanks to @to90, I have a screenshot that proves I was right. Hotel WAS listed as being included originally. 

(0) Hearts

@kbmatthews   Is it lame that Im still holding out hope that it is? Haha

(0) Hearts

I'm glad you got the screenshot @kbmatthews! Are you going to email the Bazaar? Surely they have to honor that since that's part of the reward you redeemed for right?

(0) Hearts

I feel like they would just offer a point refund instead of paying for a hotel downtown Toronto.

Public Service Announcement

Spent all your points. Spend them on whatever is left in the bazaar, no matter whether you are so-so about it. Spend them, and use the items you don't want as Xmas or Bday prezzies.

Spend

Spend them

Spend them all.

Spending all your points will give you back hours upon hours of your life that you didn't know was missing. Use up those points, and find that you can spend that twice-weekly hours of browser-updating on things like

- calling your parents

- facial masks

- sleeping in

- playing with your pet (they miss you)

- volunteer somewhere

- get a p/t job and just BUY whatever you want

Since spending all my points I have so much time and head-space free from updating my browser and stalking threads to see if someone knows what might be coming out. The amount of stress reduction spending my points has given me cannot be measured.. I don't feel anxious about 'missing out'. I don't have this driving need to check my app, just in case it launches earlier. I don't feel bummed that the US gets more awesome stuff than Canada.

I'm free!

freedom20hd20wallpaper1.jpg

[ Edited ]

@Insomniacmuffin -- I'm trying, I'm trying!  But I'll just end up throwing away the product if I redeem my points for what there is now.

I am having success with the 100 point rewards.  At least those will get used... but I still have a long way to go.

Hahaha, too funny and yet slightly true. I personally don't stalk the rewards and I have 7,000+ points and I haven't redeemed any in probably over a year. I pretty much only buy makeup during discounts, unless it is something I really want/need now, and only shop here for what I cannot get at a discount elsewhere. I had bad expectations for this new reward bizarre (not a typo) and my expectations have been met. But I do love coming here and seeing the mess that the system is. I feel bad for you all that stalk the rewards, it shouldn't be this hard.

[ Edited ]

I'm trying so hard to just dump it as fast as I can.

I'm about to just move on to Neiman and Nordstrom counters as they offer more in-store perks.

Especially at Neiman, they will do previews events with raffles (I won a Dior box last year complete with Ms. Dior perfume, toner and lotion, Diorshow mascara, Dior lip gloss were all full size), GWP that are normally a bag filled with high end samples that are deluxe or several foils, free samples, hors d'oeuvres, make overs, champagne, wine, and professional artists for consults. They're also not stingy about giving away deluxe samples. If you like something, they'll give you a deluxe sample or as many foils as they think you need to see a result. 

Nordstrom will price match if you are a VIB Rouge and you go during sale time (which means if Sephora is out of something, you can pop on over to Nordstrom's and they'll price match the item and give you deluxe samples). I believe you also earn points if you get their in-store card or link your debit to a loyalty account and they give you money back. It works for Nordstrom Rack and I think it may work for Hautelook. 

I am having less and less incentive to be loyal to Sephora as a VIB Rouge. I love the brands Sephora carries but they're just falling short on delighting their customers who without fail are spending $1000+ a year. 

The Beauty Insider program needs an overhaul and they need to focus more on VIB Rouge retention. 

@astana, that's exactly what I've been saying! I actually sent an email to Calvin McDonald saying exactly the same thing, because the Sephora rewards system has been slowly and surely pushing me to make more purchases elsewhere with better customer loyalty programs, and I heard back from his representative. She was super nice, but basically didn't offer any indication that'll be getting any better soon. Supposedly they're hiring a new customer loyalty program manager, so maybe... there's hope.

I'm actually thinking about applying as I work in marketing. I have so many ideas that I've been rolling around in my head. They can implement an online queue system for bazaar rewards like ticketmaster as well and allocate based upon desktop or mobile (if X% of customers are coming through mobile or app, allocate accordingly and allocate less for desktop, etc) and just in general just revamping the program to make customers appreciated. 

@astana I feel like a huge issue with the current rewards system is that there is little to no incentive for big beauty brands to participate, and they're having very poor follow through on the beauty brands' part in getting people their rewards as advertised online. Personally, I prefer cash back rewards at this point because it is way less of a hassle--- BUT, if Sephora could 1) get the queue system right (I'm 100% okay with a limited number of rewards being available first come, first serve--- provided the system is actually fair, makes sense, and works across all platforms!) and 2) get beauty brands invested in participating actively AND keep up the reward appeal (AKA unique one of a kind rewards and/or special experiences), then the rewards bazaar system could, theoretically, be a total hit. As it is right now though, it feels like a big cluster f--- of people fighting over glorified unwanted samples most Tuesdays/Thursdays, lol. I own three businesses myself, and customer loyalty is NOT something you can ignore like Sephora clearly has been. Ugh. You should absolutely apply!!!

Agreed! I'm down from 11k to 4.5k... getting there, slowly but surely! I almost pulled the trigger button on the Bite reward yesterday, but I have to speak at 2 conferences in April & May, and since it said it has to be used by the end of May... I didn't want to chance it. Kind of regretting it though! Oh well. 

I did this too!!! I JUST spent the last of my points on the Bite Lap Lab reward, and I'm happy to say I'm finally free of the point shackles. I had almost 10k to use up, and I was ALWAYS frustrated about not getting something good with them. Now I don't even need to consider it. 

@Insomniacmuffin, I did exactly that, and the freedom was most definitely my favorite reward! Smiley Very Happy