Sephora Rewards Bazaar

[ Edited ]

An OLD thread for updates on the new Rewards Bazaar

Please note - this thread will no longer be updated and maintained - refer to the new thread here for current discussion and updates:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussion/m-p/27...

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spoiler

The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST

• There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
    • However, so far the rewards have been released around 9 am PST
  • There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    • Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
    • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
  • There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times 

There may not be any "big" point perks added. Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar

Josie Vintage Trio 1000 Points In App - Canada

[ Edited ]

(0) Hearts

Showing up in US too, online not on app for me

(0) Hearts

On app now 

(0) Hearts

Its up on my laptop, using Safari, in US as well

(0) Hearts

Ha the Josie is showing up on my app, but not online. (in US)

Same :/

(0) Hearts

Has anyone here used points for a trip? Wondering about the experience. I'm close and can never actually find a high point trip that isn't out of stock. 

[ Edited ]

to the person that was curious, i just got the canadian drunk elephant reward and it didn't come with the c firma serum (that was listed, but not pictured), but it did come with the bag (that was also listed but not pictured).

Call customer service. I did, it worked out very very well Smiley Happy 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks for confirming @JilaP!

@SarahHendo

(0) Hearts

A bit disappointing since it was listed in the description...mine will be arriving next week will post photos and see if it was worth the 750 points. 

[ Edited ]

It happens, when they run a US site and a .ca site, they probably do a fair amount of copy/paste and reusing pages. That's why I did a cost breakdown to guess whether the C-Firma was included. Most point perks have a $ value return of 10% or less.

FWIW when I redeemed one of the Kat Von D perks and the description was incorrect (we received two different oshades than were listed), I emailed CS about the issue and it worked out okay.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. Normally I choose to pick 5 100-point rewards instead of picking one 500-ppoint reward. I just think this way I still get the same number of samples but I'm happier because I pick them myself instead of gettting one kit where I would nor necessarily use every deluxe sample. But what about 750 rewards? Is it worth saving up for them? Are their deluxe samples larger? Is it common to find ful size ther?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I think some are worth to get small sizes but otherwise I like to get full size. Not all the full size products are worth your points or cash values. Example 750 points Burberry bronzer palette compares to 1000 points Marc Jacobs engraved lipsticks. They're not much different of values but Burberry seems better perk for less points. But if you don't have any Marc Jacobs lipstick then you should get it. Before Bazaar reward I ordered many 100, 250, 500 points perks. I ordered 500 points Caudalie skincare set and I love it. It was my first time trying Caudalie but nothing better than starter set as 500 points perk.  It's really depending on what you really need, brand named, skincare, makeup, from just trying it out To the trip.

I've been tracking past rewards in a spreadsheet to answer questions like these. The average value of a 100 point perk since the rewards bazaar started is about $8.57.  The average value of a 500 point perk is $45.14.  The average value of the past three 750 point perks is $71.42.  This means the dollar to point conversion is 8.57 cents per point for a 100 point perk, 9.03 cents per point for the 500 points perks and 9.52 cents per point for the 750 point rewards.   

Of course, there is significant variation in the value of each individual perk, but I think I have enough data at this point to state that for the average perk, 750 point sets are a better value than 500 point perks, which are a better value than 100 point perks. 

There are obviously caveats, but one other thing to consider is 750 point perks come with free shipping, which means a lot to me, since I rarely place online orders and the stores near me never seem to get good 100 point perks.

Also worth pointing out that I only started tracking 750 point perks recently, so that terrible KVD coffin perk isn't in my numbers--I have no doubt that it would drag down the average, but I think there was enough push back that they wouldn't add a perk that terrible ever again.

(0) Hearts

Talking about KVD coffin case, they sent me wrong my perk and I receive KVD coffin case instead of other perk I chose. Oh well, it's no way to return it now. 🤓

I agree, in general the larger rewards tend to have a higher rate of return... and usually I wont return until I get a certain % return on my points; however, sometimes, certain elements of rewards are unique enough and desirable to me that I am willing to sacrifice $ value.

You are awesome, thank you!!!!!