Sephora Rewards Bazaar

[ Edited ]

A thread for updates on the new Rewards Bazaar - to see a list of current point perks:

Spoiler

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST

• There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
    • However, so far the rewards have been released around 9 am PST
  • There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    • Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
    • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
  • There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times 

There may not be any "big" point perks added. Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.

Updated Terms & Conditions: as of August 16, 2016:

Spoiler
image.jpeg

Previews are below - note that these are just sneak peeks, as we do not have complete details as to which perks will be available, when, or what's included. Additional perks usually pop up as a surprise! 

SNEAK PEEK - APRIL - quantity is for CANADA:

Spoiler
bazaar april 17 1 can 1.JPG
bazaar april 17 1 can 2.JPG

bazaar april 17 can 1.JPG
bazaar april 17 can 2.JPG
bazaar april 17 can 3.JPG
bazaar april 17 can 4.JPG

SNEAK PEEK - APRIL - quantity is for UNITED STATES:

Spoiler
bazaar april 17 us 1.JPG
bazaar april 17 us 2.jpg
bazaar april 17 us 3.jpg

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar

i want the coffin so bad, but what worries me is that the email i got said 300 available and the picture below says 80 available?

(0) Hearts

Yikes!  I hadn't noticed that....

@notcreative @Blackwhiskey @ZombieMetroAnt I should have clarified - there seem to be only 80 available on the Canadian site, as that is what the Bazaar tells me and I'm Canadian.

Zombie's picture indicates there are 300 available - I'm assuming that's for the US site! 

@lachaton Thank you for clearing that up !

@ZombieMetroAnt the rewards aren't all going up on the same day - the email I received said that these are some of the rewards coming soon from now through September and that you can get them "this month"

kat von d rewards.JPG

What I find interesting about the rollout is we finally get to see the number available. I really like that coffin and actually have enough points to redeem (surprising for me), but I cannot wait for people to tell me if it is worth the points. With only 80 available, it will sell out within minutes of being released.

I expected to see points worth less with the new system (maintaining those awesome awards 104 times a year versus two times would be too difficult), so I am not disillusioned by that. Seeing only 1300 500 point perks and 80 750 point perks disappoints me a little. That is not many at all.

Thanks @lachaton  I will continue to hold my position; paitiently awaiting its arrival...

000000.JPG

[ Edited ]

KVD 500pt UP IN THE US & CANADA

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 12.22.37 PM.png

Me likey!  Thanks for posting....totally snagged this goodie.  Heart 

Snagged this! Totally worth the points to me, and I don't have nearly enough for any of these other "elaborate" rewards, nor will I probably ever. lol

Me too. It's a pretty good deal and I am excited to try some new KVD products.

yeah i also got this but i really want the case. i got this cause i don't have mad max and i want to try it out and i love cathedral and helllooo awesome kvd bag lol

KVD BEAUTY & MAKEUP SHOW UP IN THE US

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 12.20.12 PM.png

THE MAKEUP SHOW WITH KAT VON D BEAUTY

The ultimate weekend for the makeup addict. Kat Von D will fly you and a friend to Chicago, where you'll attend both days of The Makeup Show, November 12 and 13. Get glammed by Global Makeup Artist Erik Soto before stocking your beauty kit with industry must-haves. Plus, take home a gift bag of Kat Von D favorites.

This reward includes:

• Round-trip airfare for two to Chicago, IL
  • Hotel accommodations for 3 days/2 nights in Chicago, IL
  • Ground transportation between airport and hotel
  • Entrance to The Makeup Show
  • Makeup by Kat Von D Global Makeup Artist Erik Soto
  • Kat Von D gift bag

* Subject to Rewards Bazaar Terms & Conditions. Offer valid online for a limited time or while supplies last. Quantities limited to 1. Offer is valid with 25,000 Beauty Insider points at time of redemption. Valid for U.S. residents only. Trip only valid from November 12, 2016 through November 13, 2016. Includes three-day, two-night trip for two people (redeeming client plus one guest chosen by redeeming client who must be at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence as of the date of departure to Chicago, IL). Client and guest will each receive round-trip economy class airfare from the major U.S. airport nearest to the redeeming client’s home (client and guest must travel to and from the same airport and have the same travel itinerary), hotel accommodations (double occupancy, room and tax only), ground transportation to and from the airport and hotel in Chicago, IL. Includes makeup application by Erik Soto and customized product bundle. Sephora reserves the right to structure the reward and select airline and hotel accommodations at its sole discretion. All other expenses related to acceptance of the reward not explicitly listed herein as being part of reward are the responsibility of the redeeming client and guest, including but not limited to: beverages, food, gratuities, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, transportation to and from the departure airport, parking, room service and service charges. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Client and guest travel arrangements must be booked at the same time and the full name of the guest must be given at the time of booking. At the time of booking, redeeming client and guest must complete, sign and return to Sephora an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Traveler information must be submitted to Sephora for both redeeming client and guest by September 30, 2016 or reward may be subject to cancellation at Sephora’s discretion. Background checks may be required. Travel arrangements cannot be modified by client or guest following booking. Redeeming client and guest responsible for valid travel documents. Travel for the reward must coincide with the experience. Stay in Chicago, IL may not be extended by client or guest.

see the great awards like this there are only ONE..same as epic rewards last year!

[ Edited ]

Bear with me here, I have a theory I'd like your feedback on..  Smiley Happy

It seems that people generally have 2 complaints when comparing Sephora and Ulta - that the Ulta rewards program is way better than Sephora, but Ulta's shipping is so dang slow and some people have had bad experiences with their customer service.

This week, I received an ulta order 2 DAYS after ordering (like, whaaaaaaat?!)!!  Has anyone else had this happen or is this a fluke? 

Additionally, this week, Sephora has revamped its rewards system. Granted, this is the time of year Sephora tends to do the epic rewards thing, but it seems this change is a more on-going one than the usual one-time event, no?

I just find it interesting, and probably not coincidental that (it seems) in the same week, Ulta is stepping up its shipping AND Sephora is stepping up its rewards.  

So, what do you all think? Am I reading too much into this or have we finally pressured Ulta and Sephora into competing for our business in a more meaningful way? Smiley Wink

EDIT: I'm kind of a newb here still, so forgiveness and guidance please if I should be posting this in a different thread. 

When I lived in California Ulta's shipping took forever!  Now that I'm in DC I get my stuff from Ulta within a day or two of placing the order.  Living on the east coast is so much better!  My Sephora orders come in faster, too!

ulta's shipping definitely has gotten better this year. i usually get my orders within 4 days of ordering and have gotten a few only 2 days after. i do not live close to their shipping center, my orders usually ship from illinois and i am in southern louisiana. 

also i've never had any problems with their customer service. they have been really nice the two times i've had to call them over the years and they offer something to fix the problem. 

[ Edited ]

@CBerry17 I can't respond too much to the shipping point, I live fairly close to an Ulta distribution center and typically receive my order within 2 or 3 business days.  Ironically, my Monday order has not yet been delivered and I don't know when it will be, tracking shows it's circling around UPS hubs.. but that's not Ulta's fault. Smiley Happy

I believe if Sephora truly wanted to compete with Ulta, they would convert points into cash, and better GWP options.  And if Ulta truly wanted to compete with Sephora, they'd offer free, upgraded shipping for Platinum, and maybe some Platinum freebies.

I suppose I should have mentioned that it usually takes a full week (and sometimes a couple of extra days even) for my ulta orders to arrive. For example, I placed an order last Thursday that isn't arriving until tomorrow, which is why it was seeming to me that this was a new development as of this week.

Good ideas for other ways to improve! Definitely agree with the points to cash idea and better GWP (especially considering a lot of the 100-point perks are free GWP at Nordstrom). And, yes yes yes to free/upgraded shipping to platinum members at Ulta! Platinum freebies wouldn't be rejected either. ;o)

Thanks for your input, @shimmerbait !

@CBerry17 it is an interesting coincidence... just like a lot of brands this year are re-releasing/revamped their lipstick line... UD, MUFE, Lancome, Dior, Smashbox... MAC added more colors Smiley Happy

A few months ago I noticed that Ulta has really improved its shipping to what it used to be even a year ago. I placed several orders 😇 on Monday this week and received 4/5 orders on Wednesday(!!!) The remaining order is shipping from a different warehouse and will arrive Friday. For reference, the 4 that already arrived shipped from PA, while the one lagging behind shipped from TX. All packages were going to CT (this is starting to sound like a 5th grade math test....) 

But overall I've noticed a definite overall improvement in Ulta's shipping speed. For me, the only drawback to Ulta's shipping is that (unless there's a special event going on with free or reduced shipping) the minimum order for free shipping is $50 - even for Platinum members.