Sephora Rewards Bazaar

[ Edited ]

An OLD thread for updates on the new Rewards Bazaar

Please note - this thread will no longer be updated and maintained - refer to the new thread here for current discussion and updates:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussion/m-p/27...

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spoiler

The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST

• There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
    • However, so far the rewards have been released around 9 am PST
  • There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    • Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
    • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
  • There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times 

There may not be any "big" point perks added. Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar

(0) Hearts

@lachaton m in Brazil! hahaha! But I only buy in the US because I have family living there. Thats why I dont know if Im checking the US bazaar =/ I thought since I buy in the US website the bazaar shown would be the US one... How to check it, please?! Thats not the first time that I noticed the products shown to me are different...

(0) Hearts

@Mari32Mari I think the Bazaar is only available to US and Canadian customers, so it sounds like you may be viewing the US site. 

Youcan check by scrolling to the bottom of the page - there's a button to click to change between the US and Canada

image.jpeg

Oh I found it! I switched to Canada website and the products are different. They have the Benefit and the smashbox trio I was craving for. The I switched to the US again and the vanished. hahaha! Its ok... Ill stick with the products shown to me =)

ps: I buy here in Brasil but I send to my family in the US. We have Sephora here as well, but its ridiculous... Then, since my family come to Brazil every 2 months, I buy there and they bring them to me =)

That's what I pretty much always thought of point perks... recycled promos... even some VIB promos are equivalent to 500 point perks.

After mulling over this I've come to the conclusion that I'm disappointed. I find the point perks disappointing in general...it's always seemed like you need to spend at least $100 to earn the right to get a decent sample. I guess something has always seemed off about that imo. I was really hoping a revamp of the Sephora "rewards" system would contain something other than more of the same samples perks.

Maybe the rewards that cost a lot of points will be amazing, but I know I'll never get one because a) I'm not willing to sit around refreshing my browser all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and b) I'm not willing to spend enough $ at Sephora to give me 7000+ points a year. For that much money, I'll just outright buy whatever products I'm eyeing. 

I suppose something similar to the SDM program was what I was hoping for. Points that add up to actual money, so I can spend it on whatever full size product I actually want. I was really hoping that this rewards system would make me want to be a loyal Sephora customer...but it doesn't. If anything, it has only made me want to shop at SDM and The Bay more. At least those points turn into money.

Agreed, with SDM I can spend $400 and get $175 in optimum points to spend as I wish...I switched from SDM  to Sephora because Sephora has more variety but I'm going back to SDM I think. The brands I can't get there I can buy direct and get decent GWP if I time my purchases well. Oh, to have ulta in Canada. Their rewards and GWP are astonishingly good. 

(0) Hearts

I'd spend way more at SDM if they carried more brands Smiley Sad I keep filling out surveys for them, hopefully others have too and maybe we will see a better selection.  Would be nice if they had the brands Murale carries at the Beauty Boutique... especially now that Murale is closed in my city, they have 5 stores left and no online store.  I also don't know why UD isn't online since some stores carry it...

I hope there's a generous amount of the higher point perks. Sometimes Canada gets screwed over too, and we get even less.

[ Edited ]

There is so much confusion and what not since morning about the reward system. So here are my two cents. 

1: First off I am not saying this reward system is wonderful and all the doubts expressed by many of us are rootless. We have seen the epic rewards going so ugly and can expect the same to happen again.

2: Points for Cash: That is a great idea but while thinking about it, we should keep point <---> cash system of The Bay and Nordstrom in mind not that of Ulta and SDM. If we stick with the beauty products only Ulta and SDM carry the brands ranging from drug store to mid end with a very limited number of higher end brands which make them comparable to each other but not comparable to Sephora, Nordstrom and Bay. At both Nordstrom and Bay we get 1 point for $1 purchase and they are changed to cash like 2000 pts for $20 at Nordstrom and something similar at Bay which is not a very beneficial situation. You earn points differently if you have their Credit card which is an entirely different situation as Finance industry is altogether different.

3: Products rewards are more than often sponsored by the brands, while cash redemption goes from the business capital so that explain why product rewards are a better choice for their business and not really bad for customers if we compare it with 2000 point = $20 even in low point rewards.

3: We can't compare the business practices of a company in different parts of world. France and other markets have their own dynamics. We can't get same incentives as France exactly due to the same reason for which Austrailia can't get the benefits and return policy do US/Canada. None of these markets is small but they are simply different. Caudalie is a drug store brand in France that tells us something about the market.

4: Customer feed back is extremely important for the success of a business but all business decisions are not and could not be made on the basis of customer feed back.  Yes they should manage supply/ demand of these rewards based on past experience and customer feed back but we can't expect a business to develop their basic skeleton on the basis of Customer feed back. I am sure if entire population of Australia email and leave feed back demanding for US return policy in their region, they'll still not get it.

Lastly, I am putting it out just to bring somethings I feel in the discussion and I am by no mean supporting Sephora and criticizing any respected BTer. I my self never get to redeem any higher value reward even once although after redeeming many 500 pt rewards in last few months I still have over 7000 points left and I am sure there are hundreds of thousands customers who have many times more points.

Only thing I am trying to say is, instead of expecting the entire reward system changed according to our wishes, the only reasonable expectation is that Sephora do a better job with the release and quantity of every reward available based on the data about the point totals their customers have in their beauty banks.

Surely doesn't feel like it.  But whatever.  I stand by what I've said.

(0) Hearts

Ofcourse, as I said this is just my understanding. I can be totally wrong. 

[ Edited ]

I'm not saying you are wrong. I am just saying I stand by what I said because no matter what there will not be enough rewards for everyone to take advantage... because people will complain on missing out,  because checking the site twice weekly all day is a pain, because managing this is more complicated and because a points/cash thing gives equal opportunity to all. I can't compare to The Bay and Nordstrom because they sell other things. Nordstrom has high end designers and The Bay sells anything from clothing to home appliances.  SDM while they have a Beauty Boutique their stores carries way more than beauty. Ulta is the only one that comes close, even if they carry drug store brands.  Yes different countries offer different things but a 20% off promo applies the same everywhere. And while I am not saying companies should listen to everything their customers are demanding, good marketing comes from listening to what customers want... Some brands/companies invest a lot of money into focus groups/branding/advertising/marketing etc all to sell their products, keep clients happy and coming back. The goal is to keep making money and by listening to what your clients want you keep them happy and coming back... a happy customer will recommend to friends and family that you should shop with them.... a dissatisfied customer will shout from the rooftops to go elsewhere... and there is nothing more powerful than word of mouth advertising.

ETA: But I guess in the end why would Sephora care... They probably corner the market... not enough competition... well in Canada anyway.

@veronika23 I am not saying that you are calling me wrong, what I mean is that it isn't necessary what I am saying is 100% right. I can be wrong because all I wrote above is based on my limited knowledge and understanding. I can see your point of view clearly. It is just different people having different opinion about something. 

Why do I feel like this is going to be a replay of Epic Rewards but every Tuesday and Thursday. I'm not looking forward to this and all of the complaint threads that will pop up on BT weekly because someone didn't get their reward

Pretty much... getting ready

This-Is-Gonna-Be-Good-Creeper-Bird-Popcorn.gif

That's exactly what I'm expecting. Either complaints or questions about when the next one's gonna drop. :/

Lord have mercy! I don't even wanna get the rewards because I'm 100% sure I will not get what I want and be disappointed.

yeah just thought of something else... the two days reserved for these rewards are the same two days new products launch... so the site will have major traffic... will it be so busy that we won't get to checkout properly with new products??? I really don't think they thought this through.

I'm not sure if this answers any questions but Sephora created an FAQ - either way, I suppose it'll be easier on my emotions if I don't get my hopes up.



http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/The-Beauty-Insider-Rewards-Bazaar-FAQs/td-p/2539566

Thanks. Yeah, I'm going to keep my expectations low. We'll see what happens tomorrow and when the first "big" reward hits. lol

50,000? What does that look like?