Rouge "surprise" gifts

Hey guys! I am about to hit Rouge and I know that this question has been asked before but I´ll ask it again just to see if there has been any updates:

Have any of you recieved a "surprise gift" yet???? So far I haven't heard of any Smiley Sad 

Re: Rouge "surprise" gifts

er - you don't have to be in law school to study corporate law.....i've taken countless law classes and have never been to law school.

Amen. 

All those courses and yet neither of you seem to know the actual standard the law states.  I'll give you a hint, it's nothing like "as long as they don't say when it's whenever they feel like it."

ok wow - i was just stating you didn't have to go to law school to take courses.  no need to jump down peoples throats here

Feel free to quote the law directly. Smiley Happy 

But go on, sue Sephora over the lack of Rouge "surprise" gifts. Let me know how that works out for you. Smiley Happy

I hate to get catty, but as I stated beforehand - legally, Sephora can not be accused of false advertising. 

I had Business Law classes back in High School. Some of the most useful/ life-applicable things I learned there.

Yep! Smiley Happy I've taken law classes all through high school. Best choice I ever made! 

(0) Hearts

Nothing. Ever. And I have been rouge since day oNe. 

(0) Hearts

They give you extra samples (two of the same sample) when they run out of inventory for which samples you chose during check out.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Nope I didn't get anything. The only difference for me is the free shipping which is a good thing because in Canada it's 75$ to get free shipping =) 

I shop in-store and on-line and I really don't see a difference from being just a BI to being a Rouge except free shipping. I've been a Sephora customer for a long time and some years I don't think I made VIB and in all those years and change in status everything is pretty much the same.  I think I spend less at MAC and still get invited to their exclusive events... Like when Archie's Girls came out.

No gift.. wondering if rouge is worth it

I don't shop online ... prefer the experience of going into the store.  I'm curious to see what, if anything, will be offered when I don't place online orders.  Very, very rarely are any samples offered or thrown in.  In fact, there are only a few employees who even ask if I want to use any of my point.s

haven't gotten anything. the cute cashier at the counter was overly super excited to give me the welcome kit though. all wide-eyed, telling me I was the 'second person' she gave it too and how exciting it was and I was just smiling and nodding because I had no idea what VIB Rouge was and to be honest I still don't, nothing has changed.

don't we get that cool discount in november though?

(0) Hearts

I got a Marc Jacobs "look book" in the mail, which was basically an fancy advertisement for Marc Jacobs. I was less than impressed. 

I'm happy they sent you something that you like and can use! That's awesome! In reply to CzaCee, I hope they aren't sending suprise gifts only to women that spend more than 2 grand--doesn't that defeat the purpose of hitting Rouge at the $1,000 mark? That would suck. It is fun to anticipate though! Smiley Happy

I'm hoping that that isn't the case as well. Smiley Happy I've stumbled upon that topic on Makeup Talk. There's this girl who spends around $5K and she got a Givenchy Lippie. While the other Rouge in the same thread who spends no more than $2K gets nothing.

But I trust Sephora and I think that they really send "surprise" gifts randomly. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

My gift came out of the blue in a UPS express box.  I was really baffled when I   received it because I knew I didn't order anything express. 

Oh wow, Garnett. You are one lucky Rouge girl! Smiley Happy And kudos to Sephora for that wonderful "surprise" gift. Smiley Happy

I have read in another forum that girls who spend around 2-5k dollars tend to get these surprise gifts. Is this true? Have you spent around that much that's why sephora sent you a gift? Or sephora really does it randomly? Smiley Happy

Super excited to hit Rouge. Smiley Happy

i can honestly say that i'm probably at or around 2k... and nothings happened yet so... i would probably scratch 2k off that theory list.

(0) Hearts

yay! good to know that that is not the case! Smiley Happy thanks for the feedback, Katty2323! Smiley Happy

Maybe it's by who qualified first? That would maybe be similar to the 2k theory because ladies who spend over 2k a year probably qualified sooner

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats