nathaliew

Rouge "surprise" gifts

Hey guys! I am about to hit Rouge and I know that this question has been asked before but I´ll ask it again just to see if there has been any updates:

Have any of you recieved a "surprise gift" yet???? So far I haven't heard of any :smileysad: 

opinionatedjenn

Re: Rouge "surprise" gifts

I haven't recrived any surprise gifts as a VIb Rouge member yet which is disappointing but I did get the 20$ reward card instead of the 15$.

opinionatedjenn

(0) Hearts

Received*

bcteagirl

(0) Hearts

I had an extra (small) free sample in one of my orders once. Not sure if that was rouge related or not. I think this year was for people to make or not make rouge,and next year is most of the promotions.

As I understand it rouge got more bonus points in the double the points event than others did.

BeautyLove02

Marydiva..

Won't let me reply to you :/

marydiva

No problem :smileyhappy:

BeautyLove02

(0) Hearts

I'm just curious...not being snarky..what country are you from Marydiva?

marydiva

I'm from the USA, although I have lived in Peru as well. :smileyhappy: 

AHermes

(0) Hearts

I do take advantage of my free makeovers at the beauty studio :smileyhappy:

hypnoticpoise

(0) Hearts

Not yet, maybe they will do it for a Christmas/Hanukkah gift? Here's hoping... :smileyvery-happy:

bratknits

Hanukkah starts Thursday, I'm going to say that one's pretty hopeless given it's Monday afternoon already.

brennn

I haven't gotten a surprise gift in the mail, but my store was set to hold a rouge event over the VIBtopia sale a couple weeks back.  It was going to be an after hours event with some light refreshments and extra cast members on hand to do makeup application on all of us.  Not enough rouges RSVP'd so they weren't able to hold the event but for those of us who planned on coming, they had made special packages to go inside the VIB totes & we got them as we came in to do our VIBtopia shopping over that weekend.

It had a bag full of of about 20 foils and perfume samples, some sephora collection makeup (mascara, eyeshadow, lip gloss) and quite a few deluxe size samples of skincare and primers. My store is only about 4-5 months old & this is the first big Rouge event they were able to schedule. Even though the event ended up falling through, they did still try to surprise us & make us rouges feel celebrated.  

anaa

That sounds like fun but honestly I would not bother attending something like that either.  That would be a great marketing strategy to get new customers into the store, not so much for established customers.  I did the makeup counter "makeovers" in cosmetic stores 20 years ago. Last thing I want to do is have a salesperson trying to do my makeup.  Things that would interest me are percentage off discounts sent out at random, (not to everyone at once) and as someone here posted, a full sized product based on my buying history.  As I posted before I didn't try to spend the amount necessary to be considered "rouge", but since Sephora made such a big deal about it, the program has been disappointing so far.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I never attend events, either -- at any of my local stores, there are always too many people. The percentage off discount would be more appealing to me -- I remember they offered it once during a store checkout (for 1,000 points) but I turned it down because I wasn't really prepared. Full sized products are nice, but I couldn't believe that they're apparently chosen at random -- that seems to be a huge gamble to me (?!). I'm still not Rouge (but somehow I get the Rouge emails)...no major purchases this year! :smileysad:

brennn

Getting to shop when the store was relatively empty was a big part of the appeal, much more than the makeup application for me, especially since I was planning to shop in-store that weekend anyways. 

katie1724

It's nice that they thought of that -- I'm sorry there wasn't enough interest! Maybe they'll reschedule soon as more people reach Rouge. 

Carmen241986

Ladies, lets remember they just started the Rouge program back in the summer. I've not gotten any ' surprises ' either but I am not worried about it right now. I've still got till the end of next year for all the perks to kick in. If they don't then I would complain. 

marydiva

Exactly! :smileyhappy:

Carmen241986

I just wish everyone wouldn't get so uptight. While I can understand their frustrations. I just can't believe that such a huge corporation can completely screw over it's client base by false advertising. I'd say give them till maybe March next year then start complaining. Just saying !

bratknits

I not only can believe it, I could make a list longer than Santa's of companies that do it, have done it and are doing it now.  It's not uncommon at all, it's why there's so many regulations.  large companies have proven over and over again that given the chance they'll stick it to anyone to make a quick buck before the financial reporting is due, it's how executives pad their bonuses.

Katty2323

We have no idea how long the Rouge idea was on the table for. Usually ideas like this are thought out and planned out before trying to roll them out. If it was rolled out without any prearranging then they really need to rethink the way they run things. Things like this should be for the most part thought out well in advance and planned so that you are not left asking customers to "wait it out".

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 94 replies
  • 186 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • nathaliew
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • theramenlover