Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Rewards Bazaar is a JOKE

How is it that I can go to the rewards bazaar the minute I receive the notification of a new rewards and it's sold out as soon as it posts??? Something is not quite right, either Sephora is playing just to get you to log in and be tempted to make a purchase, or the good rewards are being given to employees who have first hand knowlege.  This reward system sucks!!!

Re: Rewards Bazaar is a JOKE

I've been checking every tues and thurs at 9am and nothing. Not to mention, there haven't been any 750 point rewards in a while. Sephoras rewards system is extremely disappointing and so does the Play box. Ended my subscription after just 1 box. Ipsy's box is way better. ULTA's rewards program is way better as well. I will only shop at sephora if I absolutely can't find what I need elsewhere. 

I have several thousand points that continue to build because any time anything worth getting is offered, it is sold out instantaneously.  

Is there any plan to do something about this? Understood that quantities of certain things may be limited but there are other ways you can reward your loyal customers, such as trading in points for a % or $ amount off purchase...

The current rewards system is just one big tease. 

Hi @osexyone339,

I'm so sorry to hear that! The rewards we offer come in very limited quantities, so they may become unavailable quickly. You can expect updates to happen within the Rewards Bazaar anywhere between 9 AM and 5 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll be sure to forward your feedback to the appropriate team for further review and future improvements. 

Cheers!
Nikko

For us living in Canada with central timing, by the time we have access to the new reward releases, they are sold out. So we just hoard points we can only use for those nonsense tiny little sample for 100 points. Gosh Sephora really needs to step up it game.

Agreed!! 

@Mounass

No, you just log on @ 11 am if you're in Central Time Zone. 

Oh okay..... was thinking that they would get realeases 2 hours earlier

You lie

What time zone are those for?!

Thank you for your post but the fact is that all interesting rewards are NEVER available .. I mean NEVER !!!

it is  just a fake (should I say Dishonnest ?) offer.

and if the reason you say ( the rewards are in a limited quantity - and by the way : WHY? ) is true, this is it a very bad commercial policy.

you received many complains about that but never did anything to change that

so we can easily imagine that it's done intentionally to keep the customers dreaming about something you know they can't never have and keep them shopping in your website.

ULTA is much better for that

could tell us honestly tell us what quantity you offer for each reward ? 

You know what sephora needs to do?  Just steal Ulta's rewards model.  I have a feeling it will never happen because sephora isn't trying to build a rewards program like ulta's; but I think there's a reason Ulta is growing so rapidly and attracting new brands and new clients.

Anonymous Insider

Absolutely!! Everyone who buys a brand from Sephora because they can't get it at Ulta; Send a letter or email to that brand and ask them to please sell their products thru Ulta and explain the bad (possibly illegal) business practices that you experienced with Sephora. 

Thank you Ladies, I'll give it a shot.  However it would be cool if Sephora increases their inventories of the 750 point rewards.  I really hate that i have so many points (5000) saved up and cant use them on the higher point rewards.....

Spoiler

@osexyone339 Madeline7's advice is good. Also, the email that goes out is a preview of upcoming rewards; they aren't all released at once. So some of the rewards from today's email haven't been released yet and will over the next couple of weeks on a Tuesday or Thursday, usually around 9am PST.

The rewards all go online at 9am PST Tuesday and thursday, but the emails take longer to roll out.  Your best chance to get one is to be online then and refreshing the page

I have a good idea for all of us frustrated by points system:STOP SHOPPING AT SEPHORA!!! I'm going to! 

I managed to get the UD 750 point perk last month and almost fell off my chair when it went through lol. I have never gotten anything since the rewards bazaar started. I just logged on exactly the time they dropped and quickly checked out. I was on my iPhone. Maybe I got lucky.

I am beyond disappointed in the rewards bizarre lately.  back when they used to offer max 500 point rewards, it used to be that I could redeem for 100 or 500 point offers almost anytime I liked.  There was always something available.  Not only are the higher point rewards inaccessible, so are the smaller rewards!  My points keep racking up and I would love to be able to spend them even on 100 point rewards.  (are they hoarding all the 100 point samples to put together their proliferating sephora favourites sets???)

I was especially annoyed with some new rewards that dropped last thursday, I ordered in the morning and added three of them, and got a notice today that ALL THREE are out of stock so I will be getting my order without them.  F'ing ridiculous.

oops I typed bizarre instead of bazaar.  But the bazaar is so bizarre that it's maybe not such a typo after all. ha

testing