End0ra

Response fron Sephora CS - Is this true?

I emailed CS to let them know that I hadn't received my Rouge Welcome email and received this response:

Thank you for contacting Sephora.com regarding our new VIB Rouge program.

We apologize for the confusion surrounding the situation. We make every attempt to ensure accuracy and will be more than happy to correct any errors made on our part. Sephora.com does not send a welcome email when becoming a VIB Rouge, rather you receive a Welcome Kit. Rouge promotional emails will be sent to you through out the year.

Is this true?  I thought there were discount codes.

kevinbt

Re: Response fron Sephora CS - Is this true?

[ Edited ]

Hi End0ra! Sorry for the confusion!  When you reach VIB Rouge status, there is not a discount like in the VIB welcome kit, but you should receive a welcome email. In your Rouge Kit you'll receive: 

• Beauty Studio All-Access Pass
  • Mini Bite Beauty Rouge-Exclusive Lipstick (looks great on every skintone) 
  • Red VIB Rouge Beauty Insider Card (in-store only) 

When you re-qualify, you will get the VIB Rouge-Exclusive Formula X Nail Polish. (Full-size!). 

If you are already VIB Rouge, and you spent at least $350 this year, you are eligible for the VIB 10% off re-qualification.  If you haven't received that email, let me know and I can make sure you get to use it! :smileyhappy: 

Cheers!

Kevin 

sparklekai

(0) Hearts

i didn't get an email.  i was able to add the welcome kit to my cart and get my new card in store.  i don't think there was  discount code with rouge...only vib (i think)

JayReed

(0) Hearts

I will tell you guys, when I started with the whole Rouge thing I had NO idea about exclusive emails, they don't happen often, but the way I found out is the lady at the register told me I wasn't signed up for store emails, which has the store events and such like the chic week event. So when you are in the store I would double check that you are opted in those emails! 

imbeautiful

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Oh but I do get the VIB emails just not VIB Rouge ones..  I am wondering if those that pick up their VIB rouge welcome kit in the store are the ones that end up missing out on the emails.  I've noticed from reading the boards that a lot that pick up the kit end up not getting emails. So I have to wonder if some how there is a error in the system that is not connecting the accounts correctly every time.

imbeautiful

[ Edited ]

I recently qualified while in store and the manager gave me both nail polish and the mini lipstick with my card. Took awhile for my account to update (Ty Laura for helping). The card , lipstick and some paperwork came in a small black box. Here is a photo of the box and what the insert inside the box looks like, I've taken out my cards that was included inside but they was directly above the mini lipstick.  Sorry about the dark photo sure wish the mini iPad had flash!  I should also add I have not received any emails but I just changed over officially yesterday.

Edited to add one card was my new VIB rouge card with new membership number which they scanned before giving me the kit and the other card was my card for free unlimited makeovers. Crazy enough there is no date on my free unlimited makeover card so if they just look at the card and don't look me up they have no idea if I am still Rouge or not. I obviously would never and will never misuse the card but I could sadly see some misusing the card if they know the employees don't check the computer to make sure the customer is still Rouge or heck making sure the person showing the unlimited makeover card is the person on the account.image.jpg

JayReed

(0) Hearts

The Rouge kit doesn't come with promo codes, you get the free shipping and makeovers along with the lipstick and that's all. The nail Polish is for Re-qualifying rouges. 

End0ra

Yeah, I knew about the nail polish.  And I quite like the lipstick.  But thank you for being so concise - having not received any VIB emails and reading mixed-up info on the boards here, I had no idea what I was actually supposed to get in terms of emails and such.

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

I didn't receive any,,,,so it is true for me

BlushHoarder

There is a VIB Rouge email --- it says something along the lines of congratulations. There is no discount code that I am aware of. You get the 10% when you qualify/requalify for VIB.

You do get a welcome /re qualifying present. Last year it was a lipstick, this year it is a nailpolish.

If you want it online, you must place an order and the option to add it to your order will be available.

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Yep.  I didn't get that.  I got the welcome kit just fine, but not the email.

MK89

Do you know if the gift online comes with the nail polish? When I ordered it, it still mentioned a lipstick being the exclusive gift.

starsandbucks

(0) Hearts

When I qualified in mid-March they were still giving out the lipstick. I think it switched over to the nail polish shortly after though. 

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

Last year the free gift was a mini Bite Rouge exclusive color lipstick. To my knowledge, you get the nailpolish - Formula X as a gift this year and the mini lipstick is not an option..

But --- to my knowledge, the Rouge Bite lipstick (full size) is still exclusive (to purchase) to Rouge only.

notcreative

Looking good with that Rouge next to your title.

AlisG

From what I've come to understand, if you re-qualify you get the nail polish.. because I still got the lipstick when I qualified for the first time this year. 

AlisG

I qualified for VIB Rouge about a month ago and didn't receive a welcome email.. I did however get my welcome kit in store (because I was inputted manually and I think you can add it to your cart online if you so choose, but it doesn't come with a rouge card)... I'm still waiting to hear about these elusive Rouge emails, though. Because since qualifying all I ever get are VIB emails regardless of how much I hound CS to fix it. :/

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Yep.  Me too.

kalex

Know what's even crazier?  Now that you're Rouge, when you requalify for VIB next year they won't even bother to acknowledge it.  The 10% VIB code remains the same from year to year however and you can still use it once a year.  (It's V436CB for those who care to write it down!)

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Oh really?  That's interesting.  Thanks for that!

starsandbucks

[ Edited ]

There is a welcome email but no discount code (I know! I was pretty surprised too!). Here are screenshots of my welcome email for reference. Nothing too interesting here:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I became Rouge right before Chic Week and I was so cute...I post on another beauty board and I was like, "How much of a discount will I be getting when I hit Rouge next week? With Chic Week coming up and getting my Rouge discount I just want to plan out my spending!" Aaahhhh the foibles of youth (three months ago)... :smileyhappy:

Anyway, hope this helps. The way I look at it is free shipping is better than nothing!

EDITED TO ADD: I just had to edited that about five times to get the pics in the right order. iPad problems!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • kalex
    • BlushHoarder
    • fatimamummy
    • notcreative
    • MK89
    • AlisG