Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders

Purchasing Samples

Does anyone else try to at least make it to free shipping when they make an order that wouldn't necessarily be eligible? Like, I only need mascara, but I'll get $20 more so it's ships free?

Sometimes this happens and I'm $1 away, etc. It would be amazing if Sephora sold small Sephora branded samples a la The Body Shop that you could round out your order with!

Re: Purchasing Samples

Me, me, me. I will spend $20 more or $30 because it feels silly to pay $10 for shipping so I always do the minimum purchase for shipping.

I know your struggle girl!

Depending on the brand, they do nail samples when contacted directly and department stores give samples.

@bharvey The cheapest item on Sephora I've found is a MUFE empty eyeshadow palette ($1).

If you only need a little more to qualify for free shipping, just search "$5" or "$10" and it will list out items under that price.

http://www.sephora.com/artist-shadow-custom-eyeshadow-palette-P387671?skuId=1620582&icid2=products%2...

You have a 50/50 that Sephora will cancel your order tho.

@Insomniacmuffin Why would they cancel your order? I mean, the mini MUFE empty palettes ARE for sale, and if someone is just using it as an add on to reach the threshhold, whats wrong?

I know I do it to get to $25 sometimes if I want a promo! I've never had them cancel 🙂

@sabrinas 'cause I read that wrong and thought she meant she was only purchasing the empty eyeshadow palette to get free samples lol. 

Hey, cut me some slack.. it's hard to read properly when you are sneaking peaks at BT while at work 😛 😉

I don't understand why they would cancel the order if you add an empty palette?  Maybe I'm not understanding. 

you could sign up for flash shipping...for $10, you get a full year (i think?!) of two-day shipping with no minimum purchase! would for sure pay for itself if you're always trying to round out orders.

i sometimes set $5-$10 parameters on the sale page when i'm shooting to buy enough for a promo. or i pick up a cheap sephora eye, face, or foot mask!

No flash in Canada 😞

If Canada got Flash then I 100% wouldn't need Rouge. At all. Thats the only real benefit I get from it

Are there any benefits? What are "hand picked gifts"? I'm guessing they don't really exist.

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing