Opening new palette...is it wrong?

Is it wrong that opening a new palette brings me such sheer joy?  Especially considering I already have dozens and dozens of palettes?  Sometimes I worry about myself! :smileywink:

I bought the Stila Artist Essentials Set from Nordstrom Rack a couple weeks ago and just opened it this morning.

I've read some negative reviews about it but I felt it was a lot of decent product for $35.  And when I first flipped it open this morning it was such a fun little thrill.

I guess this is how an addict feels, eh?

Stila.jpgStila2.jpg

Re: Opening new palette...is it wrong?

Tracking the packages is like following a sports game. It gets close and you get excited, it gets delayed a day or hasn't been updated in 48 hours and you're freakin' out! 

I luff the mail man. 

(0) Hearts

I just found this thread and love this comment!  It's when it says out for delivery that I really get excited!  

(0) Hearts

I know that feel, I'm the kind of person who got disappointed when they decided to not show the memory bits move during computer defragmentation >.<  I love know what routes the boxes will generally take, if they will arrive earlier, and what the general route/time in from a location.  Part of the fun!

I just got this thrill when I opened my brand-spankin'-new IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette, so if it's wrong.... well, I feel that way constantly!

(0) Hearts

I just ordered this from The Other Place, so I hope you'll post a picture to the what are you wearing thread so I can copy your face learn some tips.

It's a nice palette, right? Please let us know how you like it! 

(0) Hearts

Will do!!!

I had a not great experience my first time using Naturally Pretty.  The colors would not blend.  One color was super powdery, and my right eyelid creased under NARS primer.  Nothing creases over NARS primer!  Hopefully, the second time goes a little better.  Have fun.

(0) Hearts

Oh that's not good. I haven't used my palette in a little while; but I do remember that one of the colors was a bit powdering. I didn't have issues blending them though. 

(0) Hearts

I really just think I had bad luck that day, which is why I am going to give it another chance or two before throwing it in a TSB.  It was a really windy day, which may account for the creasing (as my eyes were watering a little).  

(0) Hearts

I'm so sorry you had that experience with this palette! My eyeshadows blended seamlessly without much effort... At least, the ones I tried out today did. They are wearing well so far. I've had it on for about four hours.

I'll check before taking it off in the evening whether or not it creased!

I feel this way with all my loves, new running threads, nail polishes, YARN, reg clothes, and now make up. Sometimes I will have new clothes in my closet that I haven't even taken the tags off but I like to look at them.  The longer I wait, the more "special" the moment I wear it first has to be...I'm a bit ridiculous. 

Enjoy the new palette, it looks beautiful and fun! 

Mostly yarn for me, lol. Even if I know what shade it is, I'm still in amazed. 

[ Edited ]

Yes to the makeup and all clothes. Especiallly now I have some really nice shorts that I scored last fall that were on clearance that I've been dying to wear!!!  Oh the anticipation for when I finally do.... So yes I feel you! PS I already have the same model of those shorts in a different colour :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • Stila.jpg
  • Stila2.jpg
  • upload_4538215809614095213.gif