tanyab84

Opening new palette...is it wrong?

Is it wrong that opening a new palette brings me such sheer joy?  Especially considering I already have dozens and dozens of palettes?  Sometimes I worry about myself! :smileywink:

I bought the Stila Artist Essentials Set from Nordstrom Rack a couple weeks ago and just opened it this morning.

I've read some negative reviews about it but I felt it was a lot of decent product for $35.  And when I first flipped it open this morning it was such a fun little thrill.

I guess this is how an addict feels, eh?

Stila.jpgStila2.jpg

1SultrySCENTNut

Re: Opening new palette...is it wrong?

That is a Very AWESOME find, especially at the price you got it at. I am actually jelous ! 

joeanne

I just got the Lorac Pro palette yesterday in the mail, and I feel just like you! I unboxed it, then just held it and marveled at how sleek it was.  So pretty - and I hadn't even opened it up yet!  When I did, I was in love. I don't know why it took me so long to pick this palette up, but it is gorgeous.

I'm like Andy though. I just want to look at it in all its newness for a few days before I use it!

linda711

[ Edited ]

It looks amazing!  I almost bought it a couple of weeks ago too, and didn't, and of course now regretting it!  It is a lot of product for $35.00, and I also experience that joyful, giddy feeling when I carefully cut open the seal on the packaging of a new palette to reveal what's inside:smileytongue:

AlisG

If you get a sweet deal there no need for regrets! Just think about how much you would've spent buying it all individually! (This is what I tell myself .. All the time.)

AlisG

There looks like a lot of stuff in there for $35. I think people would be crazy not to be SUPER excited to open that!

CeliaV

BUT IT FEELS SO RIGHT :smileywink:

My palette opening ritual is loving and intense. I'm sure many of you do something quite similar. First, I giddily examine the packaging and try to take it off without damaging it. Next, I flip it open and stare longingly at the colors for a little as new look ideas start flowing. I'm NOT the type who needs to keep them untouched, though I am finicky with their cleanliness once touched. I start swatching and testing right away, seeing which primers and bases make it shine best. Often I'll do an eye look with clean brushes at this time since I can't wait.

notcreative

I feel the exact same way.  I buy so many palettes, and I have a lot I have not even used yet.  It will feel awesome when I get to it.  This palette is pretty, and I do love Stila.  What are the shades on the convertible color and the liquid lipstick?  Is the eyeliner black or brown?

chelsd

Oh palette, If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

andyhtrieu

I love opening new products but I hate using them for the first time. I like to keep it pretty for a while :smileyvery-happy:

meagboho

[ Edited ]

upload_4538215809614095213.gif

Any time I open something new/get a package. 

AlisG

I'm am so with you there. 

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Tracking the packages is like following a sports game. It gets close and you get excited, it gets delayed a day or hasn't been updated in 48 hours and you're freakin' out! 

I luff the mail man. 

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

I know that feel, I'm the kind of person who got disappointed when they decided to not show the memory bits move during computer defragmentation >.<  I love know what routes the boxes will generally take, if they will arrive earlier, and what the general route/time in from a location.  Part of the fun!

LariTheLoud

I just got this thrill when I opened my brand-spankin'-new IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette, so if it's wrong.... well, I feel that way constantly!

mrsbaine

It's a nice palette, right? Please let us know how you like it! 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Will do!!!

notcreative

I had a not great experience my first time using Naturally Pretty.  The colors would not blend.  One color was super powdery, and my right eyelid creased under NARS primer.  Nothing creases over NARS primer!  Hopefully, the second time goes a little better.  Have fun.

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

Oh that's not good. I haven't used my palette in a little while; but I do remember that one of the colors was a bit powdering. I didn't have issues blending them though. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I really just think I had bad luck that day, which is why I am going to give it another chance or two before throwing it in a TSB.  It was a really windy day, which may account for the creasing (as my eyes were watering a little).  

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I'm so sorry you had that experience with this palette! My eyeshadows blended seamlessly without much effort... At least, the ones I tried out today did. They are wearing well so far. I've had it on for about four hours.

I'll check before taking it off in the evening whether or not it creased!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • colorprodigy
    • tanyab84
    • mrsbaine
    • joeanne
    • MoreGun89
    • notcreative