quotidianus

Okay ... Now I Can Talk About It

[ Edited ]

So I met with my ex over the weekend.  First time in nearly a year, and mostly as a one-last-favor kind of a thing.  My self-esteem was decimated when I was with him.  I let it happen ... and I spent a long time questioning my judgment and feeling like a fool.  Toward then end, it was extremely terrible, and when I ended the relationship, he did not take it well.  Anyway, he wanted to apologize and get some closure so I said 'okay' and, to be honest, I was a little curious as to what excuses would be made yet again.  I was really anxious about it, as all those emotions come back up in that moment.  And then I thought about BT (is that weird?).

All this to say, thank you. You gorgeous people really helped me get my confidence back,  Having the opportunity to interact with women who are supportive, intelligent, funny and insightful has been such a privilege.  The encouragement you provide publicly and privately is invaluable.  Thank you for the advice, the tips-and-tricks, the heart parties, the llamas, the empowerment ... I could go on.

So while manufactured drama will and go, it's nice to know that the heart of BT remains.  I really appreciate all of you. :heart:

P.S. I'm not the vindictive sort, but was pretty pleased with myself that he kept apologizing and then saying how great I looked.

firefly02

Re: Okay ... Now I Can Talk About It

Such a great post :smileyhappy:

And it's always great to hear an ex apologizing, especially after the way he treated you, you don't need to feel bad about that.

tbuss

Good for you!!!  What you did was hard but worth it, and so are you Gorgeous!

Also, I don't think it's vindictive.... enjoy your win :smileywink:

mityren

Yep, we are a pretty awesome bunch :smileywink:  and so are you!  This entire community is great. When I feel low I get on BT and can see that everyone here are real women with real issues, whether it's the dark circles under their eyes or a friend's betrayal. 

I've shared things on here that I haven't shared with my best friend and am blown away by the support I've gotten. 

I'm proud to be part of this community.

I'm happy to hear your self confidence is restored Facing an ex is hard, especially one who was emotionally abusive. 

algenib

So glad that you are feeling confident and showed him that his way of treating you didn't bring you down but made you stronger <3

YouGoGirl-01.png

Londonlover101

I love you quoti <3 don't take crap from anyone! <3

LolaVal

Dear quotidianus,

It takes a very strong woman to end a relationship that wasn't healthy and it was also very generous of you to allow him to meet you and get some closure.  I'm so glad that you are in a much better place now than you were before and that you and your ex can now both walk away on more amicable terms.  I totally understand your feelings toward BT.  I've found that the women on here (yourself included) are absolutely amazing!!!

killahbabe

I don't know how I didn't see this earlier! But anyway, I'm glad you've got your mojo back and you're feeling confident and sassy. You're such a thoughtful and classy woman and I feel better for knowing you. :smileyhappy:

weeeeweeeeeee

I will take note of what you said. I'm supposed to be meeting my ex this Saturday so we can exchange our stuffs back. I can't wait.

garnett

I am so happy for you!  You have every right to be pleased with yourself-you conquered the beast!! 

Women have the ability to rally and bond with each other in a way that is full of love and healing power. The female spirit is beautiful thing!  :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

Awwwwwww...what a wonderful post and a way to get closure on something so significant in your life!  :smileyvery-happy:  I have found that my healing process is much better when I have closure, such as an apology - makes me feel like I wasn't totally out in left field when I thought things weren't right in a relationship and at least he sees it now too.  Additionally, it gives me more hope that my ex will maybe learn and evolve from the process and be able to be better in the next relationship.

I have really been enjoying your contributions on these boards, you are part of what makes BT special!  :smileyvery-happy:  CONGRATULATIONS to you on your successful journey past a time that was hard on your self-esteem to where you are today.  You have only yourself to credit for your strength, perseverance, and direction!!  :smileyhappy:

DiVWA

I think that this is great that you did this, especially after the torment and turmoil that you went through with him and because of him. I think it showed that you've evolved and grown since the whole thing. You had the perspective developed from all that you went through, plus your looking at the why and how to move forward. This was a way for you to get some closure yourself, and to know that he no longer had an emotional/psychological hold on you. Good for you! You know that you have indeed grown and moved forward and are open to all that's sure to come.

ShinyMagpie

I'm so happy for you that you got some good closure out of it. You are a very sweet person. I love seeing your posts here. You are always so helpful. 

Yay for moving on from bad exes and feeling good about yourself! :smileyhappy: xoxo

633690_1338945_lz.jpg

quotidianus

Eesh ... I meant this as a thank you to all of you, and am pleasantly overwhelmed by all the love!  Thanks again for making my icky day (work-wise) so much more pleasant.

BeautyJunkie325

Yay!!!!  So glad it went well & you are pretty amazing yourself!!!!

LadyInWhite

So glad that you've gotten out of that toxic relationship, and that BT in some small way helped. Bravo!

ladyace74

Yay! [I am trying to keep positive otherwise I might start crying and want to hug you]

But I am glad it worked out in the end

upload_7081729334364909259.jpegupload_759725899769343184.jpg

bombshell30

Of course he apologized! You are beautiful & wonderful and he is obviously a MORON! We love you Quoti! :smileyhappy:

love2shop42

I bet you looked fabulous! And when coupled with your renewed confidence,  you were the one that got away!

Urbie

So glad to hear that it went well, quoti!  You are such a wonderful, beautiful (outside and in!) person and it is so great to have you here.  

Panda168

I know how hard that situation can be. I am glad you made it out of everything a much better and more confident you. Without these negative experiences we wouldn't be who we are. <3 :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ladyace74
    • tbuss
    • bombshell30
    • mityren