quotidianus

Okay ... Now I Can Talk About It

[ Edited ]

So I met with my ex over the weekend.  First time in nearly a year, and mostly as a one-last-favor kind of a thing.  My self-esteem was decimated when I was with him.  I let it happen ... and I spent a long time questioning my judgment and feeling like a fool.  Toward then end, it was extremely terrible, and when I ended the relationship, he did not take it well.  Anyway, he wanted to apologize and get some closure so I said 'okay' and, to be honest, I was a little curious as to what excuses would be made yet again.  I was really anxious about it, as all those emotions come back up in that moment.  And then I thought about BT (is that weird?).

All this to say, thank you. You gorgeous people really helped me get my confidence back,  Having the opportunity to interact with women who are supportive, intelligent, funny and insightful has been such a privilege.  The encouragement you provide publicly and privately is invaluable.  Thank you for the advice, the tips-and-tricks, the heart parties, the llamas, the empowerment ... I could go on.

So while manufactured drama will and go, it's nice to know that the heart of BT remains.  I really appreciate all of you. :heart:

P.S. I'm not the vindictive sort, but was pretty pleased with myself that he kept apologizing and then saying how great I looked.

rjamlt

Re: Okay ... Now I Can Talk About It

Yay! First I love seeing that you are feeling top-notch! When you feel it- it shows and I am even happier that he got to see it while he was groveling! Karma works in mysterious ways. So super proud of you!

marlenecol

That's so great!  We all deserve to feel that comfortable and empowered.  Nice to see you spreading the love and good karma!

jozkid

So happy for you. You're one of my favorite people on here.

LindenAnn

Of course he did! You are gorgeous. He should have thrown some groveling in while he was at it. :heart:

butterblume

Hearts x1000 for you. You are amazing and I'll bet he is just kicking himself right now for losing you!

comfyrock

You are a classy, witty, and gorgeous woman.  We know that and so does he, fool that he is.  I'm thrilled that your self-belief has returned.  Love you, girl. :heart:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ladyace74
    • tbuss
    • bombshell30
    • mityren