lilyyy

OMG this face wash S-U-C-K-S! (funny story inside)

[ Edited ]

I just came back from a long weekend in Vegas--it was super fun! I stopped at 2 Sephoras and my boyfriend became a Rouge.

I packed one of the face washes that came with the Blitz bags. After using it a few times I couldn't get over how awful it was. It was nasty, milky, just rinsed away but didn't remove any of my makeup. How could Sephora carry such a terrible product?!

After the 3rd day I looked more closely at the mini tube...

It was day cream! Doh! I had mixed up the REN day cream with the cleansing milk.

Please tell me this has happened to someone else.

shapeshifter

Re: OMG this face wash S-U-C-K-S! (funny story inside)

I mixed up nail polish remover with toner once! I think my skin may be invincible because it didn't do anything, I only noticed because it wasn't cleaning any dirt off!

kittichick

OMG!!! Invincible skin, for sure! :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

garnett - I love that story and your description of 'wounded animal' sounds was great. Can't let my family know about this story, they might just use it one me purposefully! Thanks for sharing that. :smileyhappy:

garnett

I think we have all grabbed the wrong item at least once.  Sometimes you stop yourself but sometimes you make a big mistake.  The funniest story I have for this is about my mother.  One morning she went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and I heard the most awful sounds coming out of that room that sounded like a wounded animal.  She was rushing and didn't look at the tube she grabbed.  Instead of toothpaste, she was brushing her teeth with 

PREPARATION H. Needless to say it had a foul effect on her mouth.  That product basically starts to shrink whatever it's applied to.  She didn't have much to say that day because her mouth was the size of an olive.  hahahahahahahaha.  

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Holy - people always joke about What If that happened. I can't believe she did that in reality! Oh, your poor Mom! LOL!! :smileyvery-happy:

thesupergirl

Lol that is too funny!

fatimamummy

:smileyhappy:

serioustree

Lmao. You're awesome! I would totally do the same. Hahaha 

kssweetheart

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I was so in need of a good laugh and that one hit the spot. Thank you so much for outing yourself, I love it.

You are most certainly not alone, I have had innumerous DOH!!! moments. Something recent actually, can't think what it was....I'll try to come up with it.

I can share one from a co-worker/friend. She pulled an all-nighter and got home with just enough time to change her clothes. She noticed her hair looked super flat and nasty so she grabbed the can of 'Hairspray' and sprayed the Heck out of it, all the time wondering why it wasn't working...hmmm...curious.(needless to say, she's still drunk) She gets to work and we notice a familiar odor that followed her everywhere, it was the un-mistakable smell of "Lysol Spray' not 'Hairspray' - she still couldn't believe it and checked the can when she went home, yup she grabbed the wrong spray. It was a long day for everyone, especially since we didn't have any windows that opened, ugh.

Thanks again, I'll try to remember my "DOH!!" moments. I'm not afraid to out myself. Hope others will share too. This could be one of the best threads Ever! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

kenny

Haha! Great story! I've almost used acne spot treatment as toothpaste

nebel

I've mixed up astringent and makeup remover (owwwwwww)

spacesuit

I haven't mixed up day cream with cleanser yet, but I have accidentally used body wash as shampoo more times than I would like to admit. :smileyhappy:

Missie772

Lol- too funny!!! I don't think I have mixed up day cream and a cleanser before.

However, when I am tired, I get all the bottles in the shower mixed up in different ways. I have used shampoo as a face wash- horrible result, conditioner as shampoo- I wonder why it never foamed up, and using shaving cream as a body wash one time...

wingatprsct

It's a cold, rainy, dreary day here and your story just brightened my day!  :smileyhappy:  Thanks for sharing!

veronika23

LOL.  Sorry but that is funny!  I had a similar experience.  I was super tired one night and instead of putting toothpaste on my toothbrush I put some kind of cream. Luckily I didn't put it in my mouth.  :smileyvery-happy:

glossyguru

Oh, it's ok, I've done much much worse. When I was younger, I remember watching a tv show where the main character was afraid of germs, so that night after I showered, I completely disinfected myself with hand sanitizer. All over my arms, legs, face, everything. My skin was so dry afterwards, it literally took a week to return to normal after liberal moisturization.

sablesable

haha, this makes me laugh. The other day my boyfriend used my heat protectant thinking it was hand cream...

melde

LOL!

Once I put an argan oil hair serum on my face thinking it was an all purpose argan oil.

The second it touched my face I knew it wasn't right, so I wiped it off and washed my face again. :smileysad:

Nicrohr

ha too funny!!!

also funny about the boyfriend becoming rouge -- was that with your help or on his own? :smileywink:

lilyyy

Some of it was me (favorites sets) but he's a total skincare and cologne fanatic. It only takes a few PTR and DNA bottles along with some cologne to rack up those points. He used to be a Nordstrom fanatic until the VIB sale.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 81 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • kenny
    • lilyyy
    • lylysa
    • kssweetheart
    • veronika23
    • rikkie