michmo

No Buy After This Week?

Will anyone else be doing a no-buy after this week?  

I really need to stop making purchases and use what I have, but I'm worried that as the fall lines come in I'll keep buying :smileywink:

I am hoping I can hold out on any big purchases until my birthday in late fall.  

ladypasta

Re: No Buy After This Week?

Yes, I'm going on a no-buy until their next big sale...whenever that is. Had to stock up on things before I left for school and I ran out of lots of things at the same time. Seeing the total on the cash register was very scary! At least some of the products I bought will last 6 months - 1 year.

Yay for Rouge free shipping...though I suspect it will make me more likely to make small impulse buys whenever I need a pick-me-up. I'm slowly turning into a product junkie!! And BT is very enabling :smileyhappy:

Meg82

I'm going on a modified no buy.  Because I've decided that my saved cigarette money will go into beauty I am going to okay myself to buy the occasional thing to keep myself on track.  I mostly plan to save that cigarette money for the 20% off sale though.  Or possibly for pedicures.  I haven't decided.

But no spending outside my cigarette money.

pinklissamel

I definately need to go on a no buy for a bit, I unfortunately think I made Rouge status yesterday so I should be good for a while anyways as soon as my online order goes through. Not sure if I'm happy I made it or kinda shocked at my out of control shopping expendature in a matter of 3 days . YIKES!!!! No buy for as long as I can hold out anyways :smileyhappy:

JChristina19

I'm on a Sephora rampage right now! I can't stop! Too many good deals and products that are coming in for Fall season. I'm almost at Rogue believe it or not in a matter of 6 months! :smileysurprised: #pamperingbeauties 

michmo

(0) Hearts

The clutch that is available online on Friday may just crush my no-buy.  I'm not sure if I'll make another order, but it will be hard to pass up the free gift.  

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

HOW YALL GET ROUGE SO QUICK. :smileysurprised:

Esdee

By having little to no self control and some extra spending cash.

Of course, that could just be me...

Meg82

I'm with you on the no self-control thing.  Whether I actually had extra spending cash will depend on whether I get a job before mid-september.

prosopon

I think I will need to join you again! I have made a lot of non-Sephora purchases and still plan on making one Sephora purchase this week.  I need to tighten the belt buckle and reign in the spending for at least a month.

ellevee09

I'll try this but I doubt I'll succeed. :smileywink:

carrie1975

After i purchase a new foundation on Friday, I need to do the no buy until the 20% off sale. My daughter just started college and I need to make sure she has enough money every month to be able to participate in the fun side of college life without her having to work. College will be enough of a challenge for her without having employment added in. She is a first generation college student and I don't want her overwhelmed by having to work 20 hours a week. I think I will use all of the deluxe samples I've accumulated and send her care packages every week that she can share with her roommates. A no buy week will be difficult, let alone a month. Definitely going to need some support with this. Rouge has made

my addiction much worse with the no minimum free shipping. So

many samples to be had too! I love trying new lotions and perfumes. This is not going to be easy.

jellybean917

That's so nice of you to send your daughter care packages! Working through college is difficult. I remember being very bitter about working 30-40 hrs a week while taking as many credits as I could. Of course, working was good for me and I was helping out family, but it was just too much when exams rolled around.

College is a big adjustment. Adding the stress of money to everything makes it so much harder. I hope she has a good time and learns a lot, you must be so proud!

lilmissmodel14

Yess!! Haha no more purchases till my birthday Sept 11 ! :smileyhappy: and then Black Friday then the holidayS! I'm set :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

Major lol. After Friday I'm going on a no-buy until my bday on Sept. 5th. :smileyhappy: then I might be ok till black Friday. Maybe. Idk. prob. Not 

ChicDabbler

Really?!?! My bday is September 11, too! I think the 20% off or $20 off comes later than that tho, so I guess I celebrate my bday late (through Sephora purchase).

GGrace

my birthday is the day after yours!! I want to say I wont purchase anything until then but i know if i order it 4 days early it will arrive on my bday and then i'll end up justifying buying even earlier

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Yay!! High five ladies!! :smileyhappy: i can't wait for the birthday gift! Last years was awesome! 

poshified

As an enabler, I'll pretend this thread doesn't exist :smileywink: I kid, I kid!

mommyto4

It just means you really have your work cut out for you :smileywink:  You're on overtime until the next sale! lol

poshified

Don't mind if I do! LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 77 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon