makeupobesessed

New 250 and 500 pt perks?

I just noticed there are new 250 and 500 pt perks.  

The 250 perk is a iPhone 4 or 5 cell phone case...I dont own a iPhone...

The 500 is a Chloe perk, a perfume and a bracelet...doesnt seem worth redemming 500 pts for...

What do you guys think?  I like a 500 pt perk that has a few items to try, oh please come out with a Nars perk and let me catch it in time.

mafan

Re: New 250 and 500 pt perks?

FYI, for those interested in the NARS perk who missed it, check at Sephora in JCP if you have one around. They were showing the Bare Minerals perk but were switching over to a NARS one. It's the one that they had before, with mini Orgasm blush, New Lover lip color, mini eye primer and mini primer, I think, in a little black pouch. They said they never know what they're getting in and sometimes get things back in again, so I guess it's always worth asking if they have any other perks around, especially if the staff is as helpful as they are in my store. 

brittieeee

I think they are getting closer... I am liking the idea of the bracelet, but since I have my own signature fragrance I don't opt for any kind of perfume promos, samples, etc.  As Chloe is one of Sephora's best sellers, I can see that this perk will prob. go fast. 

I missed out on the 500 point Nars perk they had a little while back, and I agree with you that I would really, r e a l l y, love one. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@starletta8- It seems like they would maybe ask for different suggestions on the perks like you mentioned the bulk of Chole 500 pt perk was being unloaded, maybe we all would like something different other than the Chloe but we know there won't be another offer until that's gone.

starletta8

I saw them unpacking the Chloe 500pt perk in bulk at a local store- so I think it's here to stay...

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

Sadness... I guess wishful thinking doesn't hurt! I guess this just means I'll be saving up my points for a while.

colorobsession

I'm wondering/hoping that the current perks are only up because they sold out before the month end of the April 100 pt and 500 pt perks. May is only a day away...maybe they have something else in store for us?? *fingers crossed*

violalea

[ Edited ]

I am obsessed with mini perfumes but would I get it? Nope. I saw it at the store just not worth my hard-earned 500 points :smileyhappy:

So Sephora used to have 100 point perks for minis. So for 500 points I would rather get 5 minis. And for this Chloe set, I can see it is worth 250 points but definitely NOT 500 POINTS. So with that said, I might consider it if it was 250 points.

rainbow781

I don't have an iPhone and I was looking forward to some new point perks. I think Sephora is assuming everyone has an iPhone when they don't. Oh well looks like I will just wait for some new point perks. Ooh that Dior perk looks really nice.

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I always seem to miss the Dior perks...  sad face...

sephoralovex

Pass on both. I thought about the iphone 5 case, but eh not worth it after thinking about it for 5 mins.. haha. I don't think the chloe 500 perk is worth it either.. well for me since Im not much of a perfume wearer. 

Yes, would love to see a NARS 500 point perk...

onomotopoeia9

NARS please!!!!!

If not, something full sized and worth it!

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I second the Nars!

beautylovingirl

It really does make one wonder why the other stores can offer such great perks to us when we don't even have to spend 350.00 in order to get them. With Sephora you can spend 350.00 or 1500.00 and get the same perk and that's only if they have enough to go around. There's just something wrong with that picutre.

arielaaaaaaaa

I agree. I think there should be a special perk for those of us who spend a lot more than $350. I spend that much in 2 months. I sitting on 1600 Points right now, and thats cause i redeemed a few hundred points for some perks for the heck of it. But at the same time the perks don't alter my decision to buy from Sephora. I don't like Ulta in general, I never get any help, hardly any employees there, and don't like shopping there period. I think sometime we can get a little spoiled by thinking we should be owed special gifts just because we choose to shop somewhere. It's nice that Sephora even offers perks at all. But it wouldn't hurt for them to acknowledge that many people aren't satisfied with the current perks.

onomotopoeia9

maybe its psychological, but it seems like the perks are gradually getting lamer and lamer. They used to be pretty good (like the full size too face pallet that connieconcon mentioned) and now they are unattractive minis that will clutter up my room. Before we know it, those free samples that we pick at checkout will be the perks....

Its not like we're asking something that big of sephora...

and if they feel stingy, they should at least make a vvib stat with good stuff...

starletta8

Still waiting for a 500 point perk worthy of my points.  Soon enough I'll be at 1500 points....

MoreGun89

one word about the current perks: meh.

That is all

connieconcon

Pass on both.  I have an android and I don't think the 500 pt perk is worth 500 points. 

I want to see more perks like that too faced shadow palette a few years ago!

veevali

[ Edited ]

They should have made the iphone case a 100 points perk. It's free advertising for them if anybody gets one!

Also, I clicked on it and I was able to add the "ST. TROPEZ TANNING ESSENTIALS One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion" for 250 points as well. I don't know if anyone is interested in that or it might just a website error for a past perk? 

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

The St Tropez self tanner seems to be worth 250 points.  While I haven't done the math, I know the full size is $18, and I received the perk size for a promo a while back, and it seems to be worth getting, seems like it could be a third of the full size or so.  Like I said, I haven't done the math at all, so I'm guessing.  I do know the product is one that I like a lot, as I've bought the full size recently.  

The cell phone case is definitely not worth it to me.  Hopefully though, it is better than the one offered as a promo code.  I once did that and I may have not read the description very well, or there wasn't one, but the case turned out to be a felt like material pouch that you slid the phone into.  I was disappointed to say the least.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 62 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa