makeupobesessed

New 250 and 500 pt perks?

I just noticed there are new 250 and 500 pt perks.  

The 250 perk is a iPhone 4 or 5 cell phone case...I dont own a iPhone...

The 500 is a Chloe perk, a perfume and a bracelet...doesnt seem worth redemming 500 pts for...

What do you guys think?  I like a 500 pt perk that has a few items to try, oh please come out with a Nars perk and let me catch it in time.

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: New 250 and 500 pt perks?

I love the 250 point perk! 

I have an Iphone 5 and i don't have a case for it. I never get scratches or drop it and i hate the bulkiness of otter boxes i've had in the past. I hope my local sephora has them because the email did say in stores. I have points just sitting around and i might as well use them because i don't come across perks i love. I would love a Nars perk as well! I've missed out everytime.

mkupgk

Ud, nars, or mufe.  Plzz!!!!:smileywink:

DTalksAll

I'd love a NARS perk, but something better than the holiday one. Orgasm is their most popular shade, just about everyone owns it... the perks should include new & exciting shades to tempt us to buy new & exciting shades :smileywink: 

A Dior perk would be nice, or better skin care sets. 

I feel like the perks are always the same 5 items from the same 5 brands. I love Ole Henriksen's products, but I didn't cash in on the last 500 pt perk because I already have 4 sample size bottles of Truth Serum. Give us an OH perk with items most people don't already own, like the Power Peel, blu/black berry mask, pure perfection & enlighten me. 

I guess it's all personal preference, but I remember when all they had for samples with on-line order was perfume samples. Everyone was in an uproar. Now they have a 500 pt perk of perfume? And it states "chosen by BeautyInsiders" who chose it? 0.25 oz used to be the size of 100 pt perk perfume samples. 

* I feel like the girl in the AT&T commercial... "We want more! We want more!" * 

violalea

cant say it better !!!!!!! :smileyhappy:

connieconcon

They had a Dior perk a while ago.  It was some perfume samples, a lipstick, and a really cheap looking bracelet with charm.

And before that I think there was one that was a better looking bracelet and a perfume.

Was able to find pictures!  :smileyhappy:swfupload_6395106648852726946.jpgswfupload_3199920362172305037.jpg

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

Thanks, after posting I vaguely remembered both & didn't get them because they weren't that amazing. Did people really cash in for the ribbon charm bracelet?!?! Dior's GWP are 100x better than these. 

& I agree, that too faced palette from 2 years ago (?) was one of the nicer perks. 

connieconcon

I agree with your thoughts on the Dior!  The bracelet looked flimsy in the picture, and in personal pictures I've seen on blogs, it looks even worse.  It looks like something I could have made myself at Michaels for 5 or 6 bucks (The charm would have been the expensive part).

And I've seen such lovely GWPs for Dior at Nordstrom and Macys in the past that these two didn't seem remarkable. 

The same goes for a lot of the other classic brands.  I know they're capable of better gifts, but I'm not sure why Sephora never gets them.

I could kick myself for missing the too faced palette!  I think I didn't have quite enough points, or I had only a little over 500 and was hoping for something better.  :smileysad:

quenbee

I'm with you guys  - I have an iPhone and use an otter box that I paid a decent amount of money for.  Would not even consider trading in points for a sephora case (also it would only make my hubby suspicious about where I'm spending my money haha).  And the Chloe perk seems a bit tiny for the amount you have to cash in!  No thanks!  I say ask for a sample and wait for a better perk.  

fabme

ditto everything you said, otter box and especially regarding making hubby suspicious

SweetFirefly

I was excited about the Chloe gift at first, but that is tiny. You can get a Narciso Rodriguez sample of the same size free with a $25 purchase. And putting jump rings around a tiny chain does not a charm bracelet make.

ellevee09

250.00 = 250 pts .... For a iPhone case??? No way! The perks are going south!!! :smileysad: with all the money we spend! #sephora give us something to smile about!!! :smileyvery-happy:
aviscardi

[ Edited ]

I was interested in the chloe perk until i saw how small it is, .25oz! i just got my 100pt perk that was a vial and that was a little smaller than a rollerball if i remember-- maybe .1oz?.....  Ok yup i just checked back in my acct. .13oz..... so this is 400pts more for double the product, and is it a spray or  a open top?

sephoramusthave

I have an Android and even if I had an iphone....I probably wouldn't use that case. Just because I shouldn't have to *earn* free advertising for Sephora. *scratches head*

I'd love a NARS perk! For a 500 point perk it would be nice to get a $25 giftcard to buy whatever we want with but I know that's never gonna happen.

missjr

I agree about the 250-point perk.  What are you supposed to do if you don't own an iPhone? [crickets chirping].  As much as I love Chloe, I was also underwhelmed by the 500-point perk.  

I would love another NARS or Make Up Forever perk especially for the summer.

Apocalyptica

Personally I will be saving my points for something better to come along. Neither really peeked my interest.

I think the iPhone case would be cool if they did it like their other ones where if you order on your phone you can use a code but I'm not going to waste 250 points for it....

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

There is a promo code for a felt like material pouch, I used it a long time ago for my iPad.  I was very disappointed when I realized what it actually was.  I should've read the description first, but I was too excited.  This was my first online Sephora purchase and I didn't take the time to read it.

prettyinpa

I'd love a big NARS or UD perk.You'd think that either company could make up a kit of discontinued colors or something and put it in a makeup bag for a fabulous perk! I was underwhelmed by the iPhone cover too and the Chloe perk doesn't seem worth 500 points to me either.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 62 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa