mjcluvsunc

Need lip product advice!

Best long wearing lip stain/stick? So far I've tried YSL, MAC, and most recently NARS Satin Lip Pencil. YSL is my favorite so far, and the least drying. I'm just wondering if there is something better out there.
ballerinagrl

Re: Need lip product advice!

The Tom Ford Matte range works best for me, but after a few hours it can feel drying ...

maltipoo66

I agree that the Nars Satin Lip Pencils are pretty drying.  Whatever you do, stay away from the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid lip stains-that was the worst for me with drying out my lips.  I'd recommend trying the Tarte lip stains as I had a better result with those.  It looks like they've been replaced with a product called Power Pigments, so maybe they redid the formula-if you have a chance, try swatching them in a store and seeing how quickly they fade.

lylysa

Have you considered layering a conditioning balm or gloss on top of a stain?

Most long-wear lip colors/products or stains do tend to be on the drying side as they absorb down and leave pigment on lips that won't transfer as quickly compared to traditional lipsticks or regular glosses.

Try to add a touch of balm/gloss and work onto lips rather than coat heavily to ensure lips are still hydrated and that color will still last.

HarlemJPN

Score yet another point for Lylysa! I totes agree. My secret weapon is: lip exfoliator + Agave bite mask = perfect lip canvas!

there are many exfoliators out there (physical exfoliants primarily), including some good ones at Sephora. You can also use sugar or even something you'd use on your face (eg, Dr Jart's derm @ home peel) on your lips. Just be gentle and use light circular motions. 

Many on here have found success with the lip serums, but they always break me out. BT Bite agave mask is just amazing for me and no breakouts. Woo-hoo!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • lylysa
    • HarlemJPN
    • mjcluvsunc
    • ballerinagrl