violalea

Mini perfume going from 100 points to 250 points. Please share your thoughts.

[ Edited ]

I was shocked when I saw that. Wow. I think it would be more durable if Sephora make this as a 500 point perks for a 3 mini perfumes set. So in the past, we only spent 300 points for 3 minis, now we would need to spend 500 points for 3 minis. But going straight from 100 points to 250 points each? Its a little hard to digest that. 

So with 1000 points, I was able to get 10 minis in the past, but now I would be able to get only 4 minis. Its a huge difference. I would need to pick the only one I like the most from now on. Ouch. That hurts just to think about it.

But I do APPRECIATE Sephora has mini perfumes available for us. I really APPRECIATED that. 

Again, I think the 500 point perks for a 3 mini perfume set would be the best option. 500/3 = 166.66666. Like us and Sephora meet in the middle. We need to spend more points for 1 mini perfume from 100 points to 166.6666 points and Sephora takes down a notch from 250 points to 166.6666 points. Or even instead of increase 150 lets split the difference of 150 and make it 75 points. It would hurt still but I would try to digest that 175 points for 1 mini perfume separately instead of the set. So I think it would be a win win situation.

Again just my humble opinion. I know Sephora already had meetings and decided on this but just hope they might reconsider it.

Please share your thoughts.

ToPolishOrNot

Re: Mini perfume going from 100 points to 250 points. Please share your thoughts.

(0) Hearts

Or shoppers!! I found one that sells urban decay and they almost always have a spend $50 and get $10 back, plus the points!

ToPolishOrNot

Re: Mini perfume going from 100 points to 250 points. Please share your thoughts.

(0) Hearts

I think it sucks! I'm a mini collector and I think I'll just wait for places like the Bay or Murale to give out deluxe samples. 250 points is wayyy too  many

garnett

@ CzaCee   You are Wonder Woman!!  You will just have to be strong for me and Jamielove.  We caved.  But we do have our little baby bottles to console us!!  hee hee 

CzaCee

I promised myself that I won't be redeeming any perfume minis at 250 points. And so far, I'm proud to say that I've kept that promise. Yay!

jaimelove

i was going to be strong... SO strong! and not spend 250 points on a single baby bottle.

i was not strong. not even a little. i think i even squeed when i saw the bottle in the store. it was bad. i am so weak. 

garnett

Violalea,

You really have a great idea there about how they should offer the perfume minis. We should make you head of marketing!   Like everything else, the perk price on things is going up too.  I did spurge points on the mini Flowerbomb because I just love that fragrance.  I caved because  I am weak.  :smileysad:  I guess I didn't have to even admit that.  The fact that I am Rouge tells you just how weak I am.  

violalea

Aw you are so sweet! Please hire me when you open a company :smileywink:.

violalea

Also, she went into the storage room and brought out the new 500 point perks to show me. It was a MJ Honey set:

1. a 3mL roller ball

2. a small size perfume lotion

3. a small pocket bag ( those you keeps your change in).

They are cute but its not worth 500 points. That would make a good 250 points imho.

CzaCee

thanks for the heads up, violalea! :smileyhappy:

and I agree, it's not worth 500 points. i'd spend $500 then get a 3mL rollerball and some small shiznits? nah. i'd rather buy the full sized bottle at a department store and get myself a nice bag/mini to go with it as GWP. lol.

violalea

[ Edited ]

So I went to the store on Monday night and asked a Sephora associate how many points for the mini perfumes. The lady who helped me was super nice and she told me 100 each and I was like wow really? Then she scanned and found out they were 250 points. She told me " if I were you I would not get them" hahaha. And no I did not get them.

insertcornyname

I'm not a big perfume collector but 250 points from sephora for a tiny perfume is crazy! For $250 you can get a very nice gift with purchase from neiman marcus and a GWP from the brand itself (i.e. Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Kiehl's, etc.).

missjr

I was also surprised to see this when I placed my order yesterday.  It would be more palatable if the 250 fragrance perk also included a deluxe size tube of body lotion.  I love layering my fragrances and would find that a real incentive especially for something that I wanted to try for the first time.

Just a thought, Sephora!

jaimelove

i think i'm just going to stick with hoping for minis in traveling boxes or buying gift sets that come with them, because 250 points is a bit steep. that's not to say i won't crack today and buy the desire mini if i see it in store. ugh. but i really don't want to. that's huge increase!  

MermaidBarbie

I'm a perfume junkie and this new rule for the sudden change from 100 to 250 point perks for a perfume mini broke my heart. I'm actually pissed. :catmad:

melanito

I'm not a perfume girl (with few exceptions like Tocca and Acqua di Parma and Tokyo Dark Milk) but I feel for you perfume fans. That's a big jump..(and they still have those phone cases at 250 :smileyhappy:. Hugs ladies. Just makes the perks seem more of a stretch. I like the 100 pt ones..because it doesn't take much to gain those points and then it's nice to treat yourself to something special. For 250 I'd think you're much better off to wait for a 500 pt perfume perk.

With Christmas promos coming out at Dept stores I may start to venture to the Cdn dept stores to check it out. Honestly though Kat von D and Tarte, Becca and some of Josie's stuff keep me at Sephora. In Canada we don't have quite so many options.

Katty2323

tarte has a rewards program and 30% off 2 or three times a year if you buy direct. Thats what i do with my tarte foundation.

brittieeee

This is really a horrible deal.  The Flowerbomb mini is currently a free GWP at another store (I believe neimans) I believe the D&G was recentlly a free gift at Ulta and the Miss Dior is probablly given free somewhere in the universe as well, hehe. (The truth is, when a company gives a sample or deluxe gift to a store like Sephora they are also usually giving the same promotion  to Macys, NM, Lord and Taylor, etc. as well. But Sephora is "giving" it to customers for 250 points (i.e. $250 dollars spent whereas others stores have other criteria such as free GWP.)  But other times the counters at stores at macys will throw in other "extras" as they are on commission so sometimes you can end up with some nice samples!

missjr

I love the free GWP also especially from Estee Lauder, Calvin Klein and Clinique during bonus time.  Not to mention the great fragrance gift sets you can get for $45 or $60, which typically retail for $150 and more.

CzaCee

I know right? Other stores' perks are WAY better than what Sephora offers. I'm abandoning Sephora for the time being. I can get my makeup fix at other stores which give me more value for my money.

aviscardi

Are they at least sprays, or dabbers? I have issues with the fact that the 100pt perks are dabbers and i never use them

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 114 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • melanito
    • spoiledbrat
    • misscg
    • aviscardi
    • lilyyy
    • gtichick