violalea

Mini perfume going from 100 points to 250 points. Please share your thoughts.

[ Edited ]

I was shocked when I saw that. Wow. I think it would be more durable if Sephora make this as a 500 point perks for a 3 mini perfumes set. So in the past, we only spent 300 points for 3 minis, now we would need to spend 500 points for 3 minis. But going straight from 100 points to 250 points each? Its a little hard to digest that. 

So with 1000 points, I was able to get 10 minis in the past, but now I would be able to get only 4 minis. Its a huge difference. I would need to pick the only one I like the most from now on. Ouch. That hurts just to think about it.

But I do APPRECIATE Sephora has mini perfumes available for us. I really APPRECIATED that. 

Again, I think the 500 point perks for a 3 mini perfume set would be the best option. 500/3 = 166.66666. Like us and Sephora meet in the middle. We need to spend more points for 1 mini perfume from 100 points to 166.6666 points and Sephora takes down a notch from 250 points to 166.6666 points. Or even instead of increase 150 lets split the difference of 150 and make it 75 points. It would hurt still but I would try to digest that 175 points for 1 mini perfume separately instead of the set. So I think it would be a win win situation.

Again just my humble opinion. I know Sephora already had meetings and decided on this but just hope they might reconsider it.

Please share your thoughts.

dolceloure

Re: Mini perfume going from 100 points to 250 points. Please share your thoughts.

They're dabbers, I believe.

dolceloure

Re: Mini perfume going from 100 points to 250 points. Please share your thoughts.

[ Edited ]

When I first saw this post I had no idea what you were talking about, lol, but I just got their email promoting the 250 perks - perfume minis. :-/ I <3 perfume minis, but I thought it was fairer to offer them as a 100 point perk. (I know, "fair" probably isn't the best word, since they don't technically owe us anything, lol).

As much as I love Sephora and am probably too addicted to ever stop shopping here, their rewards/perks aren't as great as others (dept stores, Ulta), mostly b/c of the discrepancy in levels of perks.

For example, many of their 100 point perks are things they offer as GWP ($25 or $35 minimum, with a code). Rather than using up 100 points on a free mascara, I can just use a promo code to get it with one of my purchases instead, and save my points. I just think that perks should increase in awesomeness depending on how much you spend.

Soooo...if Sephora's reading (and I know you are!!! :smileywink: ) please go spy on other beauty stores, and then sort out your rewards system!

Katty2323

this combined with the new "restrictions" and "flagging" for using our no minimum order amount free shipping is just horrible news. :smileysad: I was so excited to see new minis... not excited to see they are now $250 little minis... I can get a mini at a department store with a $50 fragrance purchase. the mini bottles used to be my favorite perk to redeem..... guess I need a new favorite. If this is how the system has been "improved" I'm not impressed.

dolceloure

I keep hearing about this flagging thing with online orders and it's freaking me out a little. I'm not rouge but I do have flash shipping and I love placing small orders so I can get things as I want them, not just for extra samples/promo codes.

I'm not sure what corporate was expecting when they came up with a no minimum shipping program, but we're entitled to make $1 purchases if we want (rather wasteful, yes, but still in our rights). If they're having problems with it or are losing money as a result of this program, they should discontinue it next year, not hassle current customers for taking advantage of this program.

misscg

Shhh! Apparently this is rather sensitive subject for sephora and BT right now, lol. Yup and its pretty messed up that some of the people being flag and having their orders cancelled have flash shipping. Whoever is in corporate needs to get it together because I think people are starting to realize shopping at sephora really isn't the best place to spend their money anymore.

CzaCee

First of all, lemme just say that I also appreciate that Sephora is giving away free mini perfumes. I truly, truly do.

BUT...

The jump from 100 to 250 saddens me a lot especially since I have just recently developed a mini perfume obssession. Then now that I'm obssessed I get mini perfumes only after I spend $250? That is too steep and lucrative, Sephora!

Makes me reconsider whether I'm gonna be loyal here or just go and buy my stuff at Department Stores like Nordstroms where I can get a better deal out of my money. I can get GWPs for just about $100. After all, the ones that I like now are higher end stuff like Chanel and Tom Ford which Sephora does not carry.

With this drastic move, Sephora definitely had me thinking. :smileysad:

mafan

I don't have a huge problem between what is a 500 pt perk here and what is a GWP at some stores.  If you don't buy a lot in a product line, $100 (and many are higher at some stores) is a lot to get a GWP for a line you don't know.  It's great if you're already a fan and need more things.  At Sephora you can have spent the $500 (or often a lot less given the times you can get bonus points) on something completely different.  So I can spend on perfume and skincare, for example, sometimes with 20% off (and department stores never offer that) and later get a 500pt perk that allows me to try out something completely different.  I know I wouldn't get that GWP on something if I didn't already know I liked their line.

The mini perfumes, however, really are quite a jump. I already have those, so it didn't hit me.  But I got them as 100pt perks or with bonus codes.  (Okay, maybe not those, but I have gotten some that way.)  So 250 does seem like a lot, although I like having the option.

Kiki1517

I think that's where my view lies too. I don't normally buy all from one brand in order to reach the price point for the GWP. But if I know I am specifically going to spend a certain amount on one brand, I will look elsewhere to see what the perks are.

ghkim

that's why i still shop at sephora. but i'm still surprised that despite recent promises of better perks, they are actually getting more stingy with them. regardless, i do feel some brand loyalty since i go to the store to swatch stuff all the time. 

ghkim

i find it odd that sephora, in supposedly trying to improve their perks and benefits for customers, made their bonuses more expensive and less available. at a department store, i could get a bobbi brown perk that looks like this:bb perk.jpgif i spent $100. at sephora, that would be a 500 point perk. or i could get this:

lm perk.jpgfor $85 spent. again, that would be a 500 pointer at sephora. so, if anything, i would've expected sephora to improve their rewards by making them more generous and not less so.

lilyyy

The free gifts from department stores have really been getting to me too. I would die for one deluxe gift like that from Sephora. Not even VIB Rouges have that option.

That's not to say that Sephora isn't doing a good job. But this is commerce and I'm a customer. It's hard to stay loyal when you're a makeup addict and other stores are offering more makeup gifts.

gtichick

(0) Hearts

I have been a dedicated Sephora junkie for years, choosing to buy from them over just about anyone else. While I do love the in store service, I think that I may not continue shopping exclusively at Sephora. I don't want to say that things like this were the 'final straw' for me, but I no longer feel that its "worth" it to buy from Sephora just for the points. I am very close to hitting Rouge and had assumed I would before the end of the year, but now I do not think I will. Although the promos have been better lately, they do not compare at all to the promos and discounts other stores offer. The point perks are appreciated, but do not make up for the huge and constant offers I receive from other places. The inability to use more than one promo code is also an issue for me personally.  

I got an email a few hours ago from Ulta offering an AMAZING free lip gift set with a $50 purchase, and they routinely offer 12+ pc make up sets of their house brands for free. Although their perks and points may not be as high end as the ones Sephora offers, as a recent divorcee my wallet has spoken, and I need to start shopping where the discounts are. I think that upping the points required for perfume samples was a poor decision, considering that most of the VIBs who have the points to spend are used to them being 100 point perks. If the value of the perk has not increased, why has the 'price' to the consumer? I think I will be spreading my shopping out a bit from now on, which is a little sad since I have felt loyal to Sephora for so long now.

SirenPrincess

I agree. This is why I buy most of my Bobbi Brown items directly from the Bobbi Brown website instead of here.  I bought a tube of lip gloss and got a mascara, deluxe sample size moisturizing cream, and deluxe sample size lip gloss.  I bought I think it was $160 of stuff and got a very similar deluxe sample to the $500 perk here.  I love Sephora for trying new things and especially beauty talk, but I wish the perks were at least comparable.  In store experience is even worse than online.  You don't get hardly any samples in store.

spoiledbrat

ghkim - shiz the bed, holy cartwheels Batman, that is a ginormous difference - guess i will have to call the two Sephora's closest to me everyday and see what they have going on and get into the batmobile if something great is in store - that is cra cra :smileysad:

bratknits

I don't find it odd at all, it's just what I expected.  In fact I do believe that tactics like this are exactly, exactly, why I stopped shopping at Sephora for years and if things don't improve quickly, I'll be gone again.

Cormasaurus7

Agreed. My first time at a department store in my tiny mall I bought one tube of lipstick and a blush, contour, and highlight trio. I got a "sample size" cleanser that lasted several months, a sample size tube of mascara, a sample (huge, like half the size of the full size or more) bottle of makeup remover, and several other things. Wayyy better and I wasn't even a member of anything.

spoiledbrat

Well Tech Fairy - i caved for the Dior mini, as i have the other two - 250 points for one is steep IMHO, especially since they offered a choice of 3 mens for free with a promo code - that offer should be extended to us as well - 5 minis for 500 points, that sounds better to me - i believe most mini collectors are on the same page as you - we could just let them sit there at 250 pts and maybe they would change the offer - power in numbers

Katty2323

I was almost swayed by the almighty powerful Dior... but... nope... they are gonna be stingy I am going to be stingy with my points. And beg my bf for a department store gift card next month for my bday instead of sephora like always. :smileysad:

shapeshifter

Ha, that would work, except I'm weak and caved for the flower bomb mini!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 115 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • melanito
    • spoiledbrat
    • misscg
    • aviscardi
    • lilyyy
    • gtichick