butterblume

Metallic Finish Lipsticks

I have an obsession with metallic finish lipsticks - I've only just discovered how awesome they look and I'm trying to find more!

So far I have a bunch from these brands:

OCC Metallic Finishes

Milani Color Statement

Covergirl Lip Perfection

Sephora Glow Lipglosses

Milani Lip Flash

Does anyone have any more suggestions for metallic lipsticks? Drugstore or high end, I don't discriminate!

What are your favorite shades of metallic lipstick? Share! (and pics! Love pics!)

butterblume

Re: Metallic Finish Lipsticks

(0) Hearts

I took the plunge and picked up the Hourglass Siren lipgloss too -- I think I may have overhyped it in my own head - the swatches and review pictures for it looked so drop dead gorgeous, but when I tried it on myself I was underwhelmed. Maybe I have defective lips. Oh well -- high hopes for Role Play!

butterblume

Just placed an order for the Rihanna Viva Glam lipstick...the frosted red looks gorgeous. CANNOT WAIT. Will swatch when I get it.

lilahtov

Please swatch it, butterblume! I just posted a thread asking whether or not you ladies think it's a must-have.

butterblume

(0) Hearts

I will go do so right now!

butterblume

(0) Hearts

with flash.jpg

with flash

no flash.jpgno flash

butterblume

[ Edited ]

And this is the selfie taken with front cam. It's 2.45 am and I have no make up on so I'm sorry I'm subjecting you to this.

Anyway. To my eye, it's a cool toned ruby red and the frosty metallic finish is fairly noticeable (which is nice) but not too loud. It pulls slightly pink on me in some lighting, and then slightly warm (browner) on me in yellower lighting. In this pic I look a bit more yellow than I actually am - my complexion is neutral, I think the lights in the room and the bad cellphone camera have distorted it a bit.

pic removed

katie1724

You had me at "frosted red." I think this one needs to go on my list now, too! :smileyhappy:

butterblume

(0) Hearts

Woo! Enabling all around!

Geminichilde

I haven't tried them myself but I've seen swatches from Portland Black Lipstick Co. that look really nice.

ladymeag

PBLC lipsticks are super-pigmented and last forever. The disadvantage to them is that they come in chapstick tubes, which makes the application kind of tricky. (You can use a brush but it takes forever to clean the stuff out of brushes.) They use peppermint oil - if you have an allergy or an issue, write to their customer service, they can do an unscented run for you. 

superNoah

I have a lipstick from Hourglass that is pretty metallic. It's the Femme Rouge in Embrace. At least, I think it's pretty metallic. And of course, Nars, as many have mentioned already, is amazing for metallic lipstick! And I JUST ordered OCC's Super NSFW last night and I am so excited!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

My favorite metallic (I don't own many) is NARS Shrinagar. It's a deep cool rose shade (with purple undertones) and really flattering. I also love NARS Tutti Frutti (a pink metallic) but I think that has been discontinued. I can post pictures of both if I can locate them in my drawer! :smileyhappy:

shortstuff07

OCC Role Play  for a true red foil.  

butterblume

Hotness. That one is one my wish list!

shortstuff07

I own it, it's really worth looking into!  :smileywink:

butterblume

successfully enabled! just placed an order for it :smileyvery-happy:

shortstuff07

Just to keep you excited until it arrives!20140120_121732_resized.jpg20140120_121911_resized.jpg

Black Metal Dahlia

Role Play

Lovecraft

Pris

Iced

All OCC metallics!

butterblume

(0) Hearts

Lustworthy! Thank you!

gingerblack

I am SO enabled. The OCC black metal dahlia is beautiful. You all need to google it on Temptalia!

lilahtov

I have it. Get it. Go, now. It is such an amazing metallic shade. Total showstopper.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • ladymeag
    • gingerblack
    • Geminichilde
    • carolang
    • superNoah