lovebaking123

Météorites Powder With Purchase!

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 12.08.44 PM.png

Just got this email from Sephora. I have a feeling that supplies will go fast. CODE: PEARLS 

Enjoy! :smileyhappy:

kbmatthews

Re: Météorites Powder With Purchase!

Sorry you were disappointed. It looked pretty clear that we only got one ball of each colour, which isn't enough to really get the full effect, but it was assumably obvious we wouldn't be getting more than that :smileysad:

dollface131313

(0) Hearts

while on this topic whats a good color for pale skin? and i read in another thread you could find the old ones somewhere was it nordstroms 

annypoo

(0) Hearts

Neiman Marcus still has teint dore on back order.

beachyt

(0) Hearts

Mine finally arrived today! While I'm happy to have them, the picture sent out in the email definitely made them look bigger, or at least made the container look fuller, than it actually is. It's a little disappointing but cute nonetheless.

I imagine anyone crazy enough to buy them off eBay for more than two or three dollars will be really disappointed.

chocopudding

And...they're popping up on eBay already! Selling for $14.99, apparently.

aleishamaxime

this made me curious to look on ebay and I saw someone selling it for as much as $25. wow! I can't imagine anyone paying that much for that measly sample.if someone can drop $25 for just that cardboard sample they may as well buy the full sized product....

that said I'm bummed I missed out and it sucks to see people getting them to sell them on ebay.

EllaRigby

(0) Hearts

eBay seems crazy, I saw the Ambient Lighting Powder Palette on there a few moments ago (after reading I decided to take a look-lol what a ripoff) for $90.00. That's so crazy!!!! I had no idea that people sold samples on there though.... 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I sold a new eyeshadow palette on ebay, the fees are crazy. I have to pay 13% of the final value (including shipping fee) to ebay and paypal. I guess that's why the price is usually very high on ebay to cover the additional cost.

jenpred

Just received mine in the mail today. I think they only used 1 full-sized container of the Meteorites for the entire promo supply LOL. Still, I'm happy I have them to compare to the old ones.

BabyD0LL1982

(0) Hearts

I had 2 separate orders using this promo. I was a little bummed when I saw it but I will just combine the 2 together. Happy at least I get to try these.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Just got mine. Yeah, the container's not gonna work unless you use a stippling brush or dabbing motion. No swirling. Gonna swatch individual ball color for funsies then just throw them in with the old pearls.

Edit: interesting. the glittery white and the green are the most powdery one while off-white doesn't seem to have changed. The rest does give slightly more color pay off but not ridiculously so. While you should apply the old one with a firm brush, if you apply this one with a fluffier/softer brush and maybe take out a couple of the white, it should be fine.

Rayna06

(0) Hearts

well they don't show up on my skin at all. what a waste, i could have used a different promo code and gotten a better item worth more that i would have actually used and liked :/

DTalksAll

It's not supposed to really show up on your skin. It's just supposed to help "finish" your look. The shimmer melts into your skin, so you can't really see it. 

Like kb said, you could be using the wrong brush. Also one of each ball isn't a lot of product. A tin has about 50 balls in it give or take (never counted). At first I was using the TF fluffy brush, but it wasn't picking up enough product or distributing it well on my face. I finally broke down & got the gueralin brush & never looked back! I swirl the brush 3-4 times in the tin & then lightly buff it on my face. 

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

It's super subtle. This shows up on everyone from super crazy fair to darker skinned beauties, so it might just be that you're used to a more noticeable luminous powder. It could also be that because it's just a small sample size, you're not picking up a lot with whatever brush you're using, making it even less noticeable.

It really is a lovely finishing powder, though!

Rayna06

(0) Hearts

I've never really used a super luminous powder though. The only setting powder I have is Hourglass Dim Light which I like a lot but idk I just couldn't tell anything from these Meteorites. I'll give them another shot though!

lylysa

The above is a swatch/application of the pearls as they would look buffed and applied with a brush.

I wouldn't put it past the fact their illuminating payoff may be tougher to come by as it's only a pearl of each color that comes from this sample size. It's easier to pick up more product from a box of multiple/numerous pearls for more of a glowly payoff.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Does-highlighters-accentuate-dry-patches-and-or-pores/m-p/12608...

The above thread is where I snagged the pic from and it goes over a lot of highlighters and how opacity can vary depending on formula.

ChicDabbler

I vote for somebody to sneak into the Guerlain factory bin here and grab a couple more. =P

upload_7802366114502743896.jpg

Saw this on the Guerlain website, lol.

ChristiH

I wouldn't be good at sneaking. Once I arrived at the bins of balls I'd be squealing, throwing them in the air to make it rain, swimming in them....

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I'm in...I'll go all ninja/James Bond and sneak in....grab some magic balls and be gone before they know what happened. 

emmaclaire

This picture makes me want to buy four jars of meteorites and separate them into individual colors.  Which is completely insane lol

ChicDabbler

Lol, I'm actually contemplating getting the new one, then separate both old and new by color and count the number of each balls for old/new.......so I'm kinda with you there, lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 219 replies
  • 405 hearts
  • 100 in conversation
    • nins
    • lovinglondon
    • daisies121
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe