Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

No, because I love cleaning my brushes!

Nahhh I dont trust anyone with anything relating to my makeup lol!!!! I wanna be the only one to wash my brushes.

heck, I need my winter coats (special fabrics/materials like down, cashmere, fur) cleaned but im afraid to take them anywhere and theyve been needing to get cleaned for a couple years now lol! I have trust issues 😂

Off the topics @sabrinas, i had a pair of jeans and a skirt got stolen at the dry clean place before.  Back in the days, i brought all my nice clothes to the dry clean (just because i was lazy to iron/press 'em at home) and i liked "who would want my clothes, they are too small for most ppl anyway"  Obviously, i was wrong for trusting ppl and not counting my clothes when i got them back. lol

Wayne Goss air brush is back in stock! Just ordered (didn't receive email notification or text either)

Just got the email!  Some delay LOL 😄

Thank you!!!! I just ordered 2 and no email either! You're a rockstar 🙂

You're welcome! I just happened to have a tab still open with this brush and saw it said in stock.

Not sure if it had been posted before but VisageUSA has 15% off on $80+ purchase with SAKURA2017 and 18% off on $150+ purchase with APRIL2017.  I think the promotion will end on Apr 23.  I resisted for the longest time and ended up giving in and bought 2 face brushes (GS-T and R-C2).  Ugg!

Thanks for the info @blackkitty2014 I don't need another brush, but who can resist a great sale?

I'm so guilty of buying the brushes that I don't need. I probably still have couple brushes haven't been washed and used 😞

I'm guilty of that too! lol.  It's so pretty and has white bristles, I don't want it to get dirty (I know silly, right?).S106L.jpg

Oh no...this is dangerous information! I've been trying to be good but this is going to be hard to resist!

I know right? With the discount, the prices are even better than buying from Cdjapan. Not sure why Visage didn't charge me any tax either even though I'm in California 

Wayne Goss Air Brush returning soon to Beautylish...

17934211_417753671915829_5075535927980326912_n.jpg

I like this brush. I hope WG makes it permanent in his collection. I have 2 o..o

This one and #14...even days where I'm not planning on wearing makeup, I'll put on some blush and highlighter just to use the brushes 🙂 Waiting impatiently for the new white brushes to drop as singles!

Anonymous Insider

This looks very similar to Suqqu large eye shadow brush (which I use for highlighter/blush/sometimes powder)

Thought you all might enjoy this. I was washing some eye brushes tonight.,,,

IMG_3102.JPG

when I came across this Very. Old. Sephora concealer brush. It's so old that the Sephora is written in a serif font. 😮

IMG_3104.JPG

Which made me think of this old powder brush from Prescriptives that I've kept because it cost me a fortune at the time and was a massive splurge. I bought it in 2004 I think and it was the softest brush I'd ever felt. Now it seems quite scratchy and I never touch it but I'll never get rid of it! 🙂 

IMG_3107.JPG

I think I can date these back to sometime around 2004-2005...oldies but goodies! Most of them are currently in use (but I was also a very occasional makeup wearer back when my sis gifted them to me, as in once or twice a year until last year, so it's not like these have endured 13+ years of abuse...they enjoyed 12 years of sitting in storage, more or less lol).sephora brushes.jpg

Just a little suggestion/tip to anyone that finds their natural hair brushes are starting to get a little dry and brittle, I find the Sephora brush conditioner helps a ton. My Sigma brushes were starting to shed/break and feel a little scratchy so I tried it out. They're all soft again:)

It's been in the sale section for a while for $5, I guess it's being discontinued:/

I know the Sephora Hakuho-do brushes are synthetic but is there any reason I should be washing them differently than other synthetic brushes?  Thanks! 

testing