Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@lysbainch this helps a lot!!!!! Many, many thanks!!!!

omg! Is it weird if I ask you what day and what flight you are taking? haha I'm going next week too!

haha not at all! I am going to Hong Kong first, so will fly from there to Osaka where I will stay for 2 days, then head to Takayama for 2 days and finally I'll be in Tokyo from the 18th to 23rd! Are you just headed to Tokyo?

Is that your first time? I was there in 2015 too, it's an awesome place! (best false eyelashes ever!!!!!!)

Yes I'm doing a detour like you! I'm flying to Osaka then to Seoul, Korea then straight to Tokyo 19-24!

What airline / day are you flying out on? I'm leaving on the 14th on AMEX 😮

I know! I'm crazy excited to explore the cosmetics, I'm afraid my suitcase will be overweight! 😛 

(As for your main question, I believe the Chikuhodo Z-4 Cheek Brush is a must have if you are looking into high end brushes, everyone compares it to the Suqqu Cheek Brush 

Nice selection of places! I am flying united unfortunately (I used miles, so limited award flights choices). I traveled ANA last to me and it was a lot better.,,  I am really looking forward to Osaka ( they have a nice shopping area too akin to Tokyo's Ginza)

Safe travels and enjoy yourself - you can always bring back another suitcase 😜

Thanks for for the brush suggestion I'll be sure to grab that one 😊

Received the Chikuhodo x beautylish Sakura set. I am kind of disappointed. I don't think the quality is on par with Chikuhodo's regular line. The handles are very light. The ferrules are very thin. My Hakuhodo one, even my MAC one, feel so much more sturdy. Also, I think one of the brush is bit defective. There is a gap where ferrule was glued to the handle. 

I am torn whether I should return the set or ask them to replace the defective one. Really really like the color and the sakura paint. Unfortunately, the quality did not live up the price tag. I'd love to hear your thoughts!IMG_4900.JPGIMG_4899.JPG

@Babypeachist I would definitely contact Beautylish about the faulty brush.  Their customer service is great, so I'm sure they'll do something for you.

In terms of quality, I'm actually not surprised it isn't as high as their regular line.  The sets certainly aren't cheap - but the full set is only slightly more expensive than ONE of the permanent line MK (makie) brushes, so I figure they have to cut the costs somewhere to do a full set.

If you're really unhappy with the quality, I would return it.

@Mochapj Thank you for your comments! You are absolutely right about the price point. I was compared it to their regular one instead of the MK brushes, and I guess that's not fair. I can look past the light handle and thin ferrule, but the chance of finding a faulty brush in their regular line will be much smaller IMO, and that's something beautylish shouldn't cut corners. For example, although I did not enjoy the bristles (apparently that's where sephora cut cost) and shapes of the Hakuhodo x Sephora collection, I found they were well very made. 

Bottom line,I think I will try to avoid the collaboration collection in the future. I been eyeing the Hakuhodo S102, and that's going to be my next brush purchase 🙂 

I hope you enjoy your Chikuhodo Noel brushes. I think that's a much wiser choice!

I find it so odd when companies do special releases (or collaborations), the quality lacks. If you like functionality of the brush set, maybe keep it? For the price you paid, I would ask about a replacement for the faulty brush. They should be in perfect condition. 

@candyrivera totally agreed. Except for the Victoria Beckham x Estée Lauder, I haven't been impressed by any of the collaborations (don't even get me started on the youtuber collaborations). Sometimes I just don't understand why they won't just focus on the quality instead of quantity. This brushed set for example, I will be much happier if it comes with 3-4 brushes instead of 6, with higher quality. 

Chikuhodo Noel sets are live on Beautylish 

So sad...I saw your post an hour ago right before leaving work. Tried to place the order but had issues checking out on the work computer so I left work to try to order when I get home. Now I'm home and it's sold out. 😭

I'm looking for recommendations for a good lip brush for lipsticks.

I bought a lot of holiday lipstick kids this year 😕 , and I want to keep them cleaner for longer and thought a brush would be more sanitary than direct application.

Thanks! 

My favorite is actually from a Chanel product. their lip liner (which has a build in lip brush)... It helps you build shape and glides on real easy

I've tried several, but my favorite is Nars.  It's retractable and the brush has enough stiffness to it that it won't slide around on your lips. Keeps a nice clean line. Bad news ... I've only seen it available on the NARS website. And there're notorious for not being great for customer service. They may be available elsewhere but I couldn't say where. 

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it then and check out the NARS website Coincidentally, a lot of my lip stuff is NARS. 🙂

I really like the tom ford lip brush, but I'm also too lazy to use lip brushes usually so take that as you will 🙂

Came home from my trip to find my Chikuhodo Noel brushes had been delivered while I was gone.

they may not top the Etoile brushes for me, but these are still beautiful and very soft! The violet color is a bit dark, but shows off the shimmer well under bright lighting

i'm really impressed with the size of highlighting brush they chose; this is my preferred shape but the ones in my collection are much larger. I think the demure size will be better for my face shape.

IMG_4431.JPG

Those are beautiful.  I love the dark violet color.

where did you order from???? 😄

testing