Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Nope - this is the set he teased cause of brush #1 - it's his most requested brush apparently. The price last time was $225 - I hope it stays around that price point.

edit - @veronika23 - where's my manners?? Thank you so very much for remembering and tagging me ๐Ÿ™‚

@niki172 haha no worries... you are welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ Unsure if I'll get it or not... I do have a few of his eye brushes already... that 01 brush is tempting lol. 

@veronika23 - the only brush of his that I own is his airbrush brush and I love it so much that I bought a back up! 01 is very tempting and I personally like this set better than the Chikihodo set - more diversity. I also think he primarily uses squirrel which is my favorite kind of brush (Wayne spoiled me) due to the sensitivity of my skin. Dependent on whether or not he hikes the price up super high (I'd pay $250 or so for it - which is $25 more than the last release) I'll forgo the MJ brushes and get this set.

@niki172 Oh nice! I have that one too... but started with a few eye ones... don't know the numbers by heart but I do really love them. I mostly own MAC brushes that I purchased years ago which I still love.

I own a mismatch of brushes no real set per se so this would be nice to have - you can never have too many eyeshadow brushes!

hahaha true!  There are so much brush sets I want too... but that's just because they are pretty LOL

Just bought my first wayne goss brush (number 11) and I can't wait to try it out. I got suckered into buying the sephora hakuho-do + Sephora PRO Ougi Fan Cheek Brush on sale and it is not fluffy enough for powder, imo. Maybe I am using it wrong, but it just feels like a flat, damp tongue licking my face (even when its dry)! 

Maybe I am using it wrong?!

A flat, damp tongue licking your face does not sound fluffy LOL.  Can you return it?  I have a few powder brushes but the one I prefer for loose setting powder is by IT Cosmetics.  I can't remember the name of it though.  What kind of powder will you be using it with?

yeah, I got kinda graphic! its the frustration talking ๐Ÿ™‚ I want it for blushes/bronzers. and specifically the by terry sun palette.

I bought the tongue brush awhile ago and have been trying to make it work thinking that, since I am not a super makeup pro, I must be using it wrong. That is always my internal struggle with brushes. I am trying to get better about wearing and applying makeup, but I feel that I am not at the level to merit really expensive brushes...but then I always wonder if the kinda or really expensive brush will help me become better at makeup. 

I sold a few things on ebay, though, so I said f it and got WG which is cheaper than the chikuhodo ones.

Spectrum Collections - The Bombshell launches Sept 23rd.

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 8.04.10 AM.png

UPDATE!  Unicorn brushes @michelleshops we need to email her!

14117717_1806663299577076_1291449080111928803_n.jpg

Taken from the FB page

You will have -

๐Ÿฆ„ Fan Brush
๐Ÿฆ„ Contour Brush
๐Ÿฆ„ Flat top buffing foundation brush
๐Ÿฆ„powder brush
๐Ÿฆ„ blusher brush
๐Ÿฆ„ concealer brush
๐Ÿฆ„ 3 eyeshadow brushes
๐Ÿฆ„ eyebrow definer

Suggestions on what to call them more then welcome below... I.E eyeshadow brush - buff up, Contour brush - chisel cheeks ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

The full set will be ยฃ45 and come with a gorgeous unicorn bag! This will be the only option available for the first launch in October. I will try my best to stick to the deadline but I want these beauties perfect and hope you will all be patient ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Lots of unicorn love
Mel blue

P.s international shipping and if the subscribing isn't working (mail chimp you suck) message me at unicornlashesuk@gmail.com and I'll add you manually ๐Ÿ’™

๐Ÿ”ฎ Sign up to the priority mailing list www.unicornlashes DOT co.uk to be the first notified on the pre order!

Instagram - UNICORNLASHESUK

Check your email @veronika23 (and anyone that signed up for the pre-order)!  I received the link a few minutes ago!  They were 60 GBP plus 15 GBP shipping which google tells me is about 80 USD.  

Thanks @michelleshops ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the heads-up @veronika23!  I just emailed her. I couldn't find the FB page earlier and gave up.  Luckily I have you in my corner ๐Ÿ˜‰

Glad you saw my unicorn call! ๐Ÿ˜„  I also emailed her ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi everyone:

I would like some recommendations of your favourite eye brushes that might fit my criteria. I'm looking at Wayne Goss, Chikuhodo and Hakuhodo, but I'm overwhelmed with options. I have hooded lids with very little lid space.

These are the eye brushes I'm looking for:

- blending (I currently have a Sephora one which was a good first blending brush, but it's a little scratchy) - I have Chikuhodo GSN 10 or Wayne Goss 06, but not really sure if there's a better option.

- small shadow brush to pack on colour (I have small eye lids and most all over lid brushes are TOO BIG for me)

- pencil brush for "drawing" a smokey eye. I can't use a conventional crease brush to put on transition colour & apply shadow to define the crease..it ends up smudging colour EVERYWHERE. I'm thinking the Chikuhodo Z-10 will do the job. Thoughts?

@k617 I don't have hooded lids, so I only have s few suggestions.

z10 is the kind of brush that would be good for what you want to do, but it might be too big if you have small lid. Depends how dramatic a smoky eye we're talking ๐Ÿ˜†

For a small packing brush, do any of your stores carry the Surratt brushes? The Classique Moyenne is a great small size for this sort of application IMO, especially for smaller eye shape.  Sephora doesn't let you touch them (in a plexiglass box) but at least you could see the size.  If not, I own and can provide photos.

will cdjapan have any promos or sales in September? I have some credits to burn by sep just wondering if i should wait for promo. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Tough to say @dioradict

Someone (Cahlee, maybe?) mentioned they had some sort of sale/promo/whathaveyou in August last year, but they didn't really do one this year.

Which reminds me, I have an updated comparison of the Suqqu vs Kyureido for you, since I washed it yesterday.

image.jpeg

Thanks so much @Mochapj. I cant wait to hear on the comparison to make a decision between the 2 ๐Ÿ™‚

Photo edited in above @dioradict

The Suqqu is on the left in all photos.

As you can see, after washing, the shape is nearly identical.  I tried using one on each cheek with my blush and they both feel the same; one is no softer than the other.  I think you would be happy with either, so it's a matter of what you want to spend.

The biggest difference I see between the two, is the Kyureido hairs are very slightly longer.  Also the Kyureido ferrule is clamped more, so it makes the bristles spread a little wider than the Suqqu.  And, as you can see from the overhead shot, the Suqqu has some feathery bristles around the edge of the brush that are longer than the ones on the interior, making it appear sort of, I dunno, hairy?

testing