Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Yes I do remember that! Wasnt that a set of 5 though? And this years is 6? I may be wrong...

Yes this year's is 6 brushes, it is in the second pic 🙂

I'm not crazy about the metallic red ferrule but I appreciate the beautiful floral design. 

Thanks @dioradict 🙂 I've been looking too! Pretty but a pass for me!

Beautylish x Chikuhodo Sakura collection update-

I called Beautylish CS as they are very helpful, she said she will contact Merchandise team, and she will email me. 

This is what she replied-

"  

I reached out to my Merchandising team, and they let me know they will be announcing more information regarding the CHIKUHODO x Beautylish Sakura Brush Set early next week! I don't believe this has been mentioned to the public just yet (I would appreciate if you could keep this under wraps for now), but we will be hosting a conference call with Sonia from Sweet Makeup Temptations on Tuesday, August 30th to discuss the brush set (possibly may accept pre-orders too), and the set will be revealed on Wednesday, August 31st for those with Early Access.

"

Today there is preview event in NYC, hopefully we get some pictures.

That is strange. Last yr at the preview you can play with the brush set right there and then and order it too. I kinda disappointed when they have the SF event 3 days later than the NY one and Beautylish office is right down town SF too. Oh well 😉

Please post pics and your view about brushes, if u visit event

WAYNE GOSS WAYNE GOSS WAYNE GOSS

No in all seriousness, I've gradually replaced every brush I owned with a Wayne Goss equivalent and my blush application has never been more natural and gorgeous. I've got his fan brush for my highlighter, a small domed face brush for blush application, the super long weird one for powder application. I love them.

I echo your sentiments! One of my favorites is 02 which I LOVE for blush!

Can someone tell me what's a good brush to use to apply Meteorites pressed powder? I'm not crazy about using my fancier Chikuhodo brushes because I can't seem to easily get shimmer out of the bristles.

Do you have any goat bristle brushes? I find those work well 

Thanks @Mochapj. Yes I do have some goat ones and will try those.

I hope this won't get deleted but Beautylish has the SF preview next Monday, Aug 29 frm 6-9 pm at hotel Vitale (same place as last year) 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chikuhodo-x-beautylish-the-2016-sakura-collection-preview-event-tickets...

Darn!! I miss this by just 3 days! I would go otherwise, I'm interested to see these brushes and would love to finally attend a beauty preview event which we never get in my city!

They have a preview event tomm (Aug 25) too at NY!

Somebody please go and post pics =).

I think I forgot to post this here... coming in Sept!  Spectrum Collections

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 10.12.38 AM.png

I so want those!! Does anyone have any of their previous collections? I have been eyeing their two other collections as well and dying to buy them. Just wasn't sure if they were worth the money to look pretty if I didn't like them. 

Can any of you recommend me a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush? I seem to have every other brush except  for a nice fat fluffy one which will blend harsh edges yet not fade the color.  Thanks!

My favourite fluffy blending brush is the Hakuhodo J5523. Super light and very fluffy! WG is nice, too. 

I've also been loving the Finishing Brush from Smith Cosmetics. It isn't your typical fluffy blending brush but I find it works so well to diffuse eyeshadows.

Thanks! I actually own that one hah! I am looking for something slightly larger and fluffier!

2 Replies
testing