chantlc

Looking for suggestions on long lasting lipstick and gloss

[ Edited ]

I am looking for a really long lasting lipstick and/or gloss.  Something that won't wear off right away.  Any suggestions?

chantlc

Re: Looking for suggestions on long lasting lipstick and gloss

So I ended up with an Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Naked 2, an Yves St. Laurent Glossy Stain in Reckless Pink and a Bite Creme lipstick in Retsina.  I can't wait to try them all!  Thanks again for the tips!  

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

No problem, enjoy your new lippies!

chantlc

(0) Hearts

These are all great suggestions, I'm on my way to Sephora today to check some of these out :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Make sure to let us all know what you get!

TTSS

(0) Hearts

The YSL Glossy Stains have become my new obsession: long lasting AND glossy. Admittedly not as long lasting as the KatVonD liquid lipstick, but being just a little careful they last me the whole day with a small retouch after lunch, till I get back home at night and nee the makeup removed to get it off.

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1395185-main-hero.jpg

ry22

(0) Hearts

I know bareMinerals isn't really know for this, but I swatched one of their lipsticks in a Sephora yesterday and it's still on my hand, over a 32 hours later with normal hand washing, face washing, even a shower. I'm pretty impressed. Another lipstick that I've swatched and has lasted for 2+ days is Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencil. The Tarte Glamazon Lipstick is long-wearing too, but I find the bareMinerals to be less drying. For $18 as compared to $24 (Bite) and $26 (Tarte), I would chose bareMinerals.

Betty33

(0) Hearts

I suggest bite they are amazing!

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

Are you using a lip liner with your lipsticks? I find those help a lot.

My top longwear lipliners are from Urban Decay, same for lipsticks. MAC comes in second. I do use a lip primer (either MAC or just Smiths Rose Minted Lip Balm) though and then apply stuff to my lips. 

With the UD lipliner+stick combo I can eat a full McDonalds meal (cheeseburger) and my lipstick is still on my lips and fabulous looking. 

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I'm a huge fan of MAC's Pro Longwear lip color range.  The color holds really well throughout the day -- maybe a touch up after I eat -- but otherwise I don't have to fuss with it, and that's without liner or primer.  It's a comfortable formula, too, not nearly as drying as a stain.  As long as I wear some manner of chapstick to bed, I can easily wear the Pro Longwear colors on a daily basis without my lips becoming parched.

chantlc

(0) Hearts

Thanks, I'll be sure to check these out.

glossyguru

Bite Beauty is fantastic

DesertRose0706

For lip gloss, the Buxom glosses last a good while, about a couple hours.  Plus they are very moisturizing and look great.

thesupergirl

I suggest you try urban decay revolution they last a super long time

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • TTSS
    • ry22
    • lovelyred139