Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

La Mer deluxe sample gone in two minutes?

I got the email about La Mer coming to Sephora and was SO excited. I had a couple things on my shopping list (don't we all) and quickly completed my order.

The email came to me at 12:20 PM. At 12:22 AM, the sample code gave me the "out of stock or expired" message.

Did other people get the email earlier than I did? Did people really swarm and snap all the samples up in two minutes? 😞

Re: La Mer deluxe sample gone in two minutes?

IMG_1710.JPG

All of that for a quarter sized sample.. Nothing about this seems "deluxe" to me. Can't believe they required a 45$ purchase rather than the usual 25$. 

I'll take the quarter! 😉

You always have the best comment @DiVWA 🙂

I got my deluxe sample. 

IMG_1709.JPG

Hi All, sorry for this mix-up! There was a problem with the promo set-up which made it non-redeemable yesterday. It is working now! If you did place an order yesterday without the code, please message a mod for assistance. 

Cheers,
Sara

I tried it last night (2/28) and it said it was expired or out of stock. I just tried again today (3/1) and it's still not working. Is this still the glitch or are you guys truly out of stock now? 

I happen to get one and after a few hours I was hoping to purchase to get another but it was sold out. I think they are really limited in the La Mer

Hi Sara, I never placed the order because the code wouldn't work. Now that it is working every time I try to check out it bounces out of my cart and says that it's out of stock. But then when I try again, it works again. I've been back and forth on this for about 30 minutes now. 

Can you offer any advice?

I just saw the email and tried to use the code and it wouldn't work! Is the sample gone for real

now? Wish I could have used it yesterday when I spent hours waiting online trying to purchase and use the code. 😞

I feel you girl! I am almost 110% sure even if I can get the code to work today, I won't receive it when it comes cause it'll be "out of stock."

Such heartbreak! I LOVE La Mer so far and have been dying for a chance to try it.

Spoiler

An email JUST arrived saying "Our apologies. Your La Mer code is now working."

Hooray!

I just used it an it works!

Same here!

I call and complained to Sephora and they basically said oh well there's nothing we can do about it...

I'm done. I'm shopping at Nordstrom's from now on. Well, except for the Hydra BB by Dior. They get you on the Sephora exclusives.

Ok so I thought it was just me 😞 I was all excited to finally get to try La Mer, but no go! Why not make enough to go around?? So sad.

Typical Sephora bull sh!t.  I don't even try anymore, although this one did get me interested.  You would think they would get their act together, after all the complaints, but why should they?  We are all STILL here ( even if we say we're unhappy w/them), and newer customers haven't encountered problems yet.  And there will always be new customers.  Nothing will change, why should it.  We're still buying, and that's all that matters to them. 

I'm also VERY surprised that this wasn't a VIB Rouge exclusive! La Mer is "coveted" for sure! Why not make it an exclusive deal for your most loyal costumers.

What's the point of VIB Rouge?  I have seen no benefits at all.  Free shipping?  Wow.  So does everyone else.  I never get exclusive code emails until the afternoon, when everyone else seems to get them early in the morning and they have already been on the site for a while.  At that point, who cares?  Can't even get a "coveted sample" right as the email comes in.  Everyone should go buy straight from La Mer.  You always get at least 3 nice sized samples, 2 from their sample page and a deluxe from a code- and there is always a free deluxe sample code.  Just check their website until they have a freebie with no minimum purchase requirement or a requirement within what you are going to spend.  They change them every few days. Since Sephora let me down, I went to La Mer website and got 6 nice sized samples with no minimum purchase and free shipping.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • IMG_1709.JPG
  • IMG_1710.JPG
testing