Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

La Mer deluxe sample gone in two minutes?

I got the email about La Mer coming to Sephora and was SO excited. I had a couple things on my shopping list (don't we all) and quickly completed my order.

The email came to me at 12:20 PM. At 12:22 AM, the sample code gave me the "out of stock or expired" message.

Did other people get the email earlier than I did? Did people really swarm and snap all the samples up in two minutes? 😞

Re: La Mer deluxe sample gone in two minutes?

I don't even care about the La Mer sample.  What pisses me off is the way they continue to treat their customers.  Why even bother sending a promo email when the item hasn't been available for hours???

At least they could have the courtesy of sending everyone the email at the same time, not half a day later.

AGREED! The same thing happened to me with the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette. I literally went onto their site the day night before it was going to launch and waited, waited, waited... Nothing. It continually said it was sold out. There is absolutely no freaking way it was sold out. I was on my computer before and during the supposed launch and it never popped up as available. I later read that others were able to snag a palette by simply going in to Sephora stores and asking if they could get one early! WHAT?? Wish I had known! I also called every Sephora the day of launch within a 100 mile radius of me first thing in the am and they had zero in stock! What is the point of a launch date if you have zero product to sell on that day! That palette is another example of something that should have been a Rouge exclusive for the Pre Launch! I ended up getting so frustrated with it that I lost interest and never purchased it when it did become available months later. I really don't get their marketing tactics.

RIGHT?? I definitely think with Rouge you should earn early access to things like this! Other than free two day shipping they don't really offer rouge status more than anyone else! I would love to see Sephora step their game some more for their loyal costumers. Good to know about the La Mer website! Thanks for the tip!

I live out on the West Coast. Got the email a little past 9am. I literally high tailed it to the Sephora website to add a couple of items I've been wanting to try out to my basket. When I entered the promo code it said the promo had run out! It couldn't have been more then a 10 minute time difference from the time I got the email to the time I 'tried' to check out! What gives Sephora?

I wasn't able to add the promo code to my shopping cart either. Got really excited only to be let down! 😞 I received the email at 9:17 am (Pacific Time).

They are probably delaying activating it..noting all the buzz and subsequent stalking that will result.  Great way to get attention on them carrying this new brand

From the other replies, it also sounds like a glitch to me. But I just called Sephora, and the customer service rep told me that the samples are out of stock. She said that, IF they were to restock, to just keep trying the code every now and then. 😞

lame...

just came to the forums to see if this happened to any one else.  what a bummer, its wasn't even a VIB or Rouge exclusive 😞

btw, I didn't even receive the email until 12:20 pm eastern.

So frustrating! The same thing happened to me when they had another, different sample last week! 

I tried the promo at 8am when everyone posted it earlier.  And got the out of inventory/invalid code thing.  I didnt get the email until 12:17 and it said the same message.

I got the email at 9:36 am Pacific and at 10:00 it said out of stock. WTAF?!

I'd love to jump on this too if it's only a glitch.  Hopefully that's all it is and they'll get it corrected.

no, the promo showed up last night on the weekly specials page of sephora website, but no one has been able to add it to their cart

So strange! Thanks for filling me in. I guess I'll just try to add it every few hours to see if it works.

I can remember things like the epic rewards going this quickly, but never a sample!

SAME FOR ME! I'm so disappointed...I didn't get the email til 12:32 PM 😞 

My first thought was that my email was delayed. It looks, from the next comment, like no one has been able to use the promo code yet.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • IMG_1709.JPG
  • IMG_1710.JPG
testing