L'Oreal Consumer Testing?!

Not sure if this is allowed here, but since Sephora carrys many of their brands, and I'm not posting links I figure it should be ok!

Do any of you ladies/gents participate?  I've gotten a few home studies in the 2 or so years I've been on the site and quite a few informational studies!  The comp. is hit or miss, with no rhyme or reason!  One comp. I got was almost worth $400, and another $30!

Re: L'Oreal Consumer Testing?!

(0) Hearts

This sounds awesome! Thanks for the tip! 

(0) Hearts

Loreal owns Lancome (which is my favorite).  Are you testing all products under the brand or simply Loreal?  How much work is involved.  I read something about home studies.  Do strangers come into your house?  I am assuming there is a mix of products otherwise you would get a lot of cheap makeup for $400 in value.

so i responded back to you - but it seems to have gotten lost in the abyss!  

Yes, you test all products under the L'Oreal umbrella - but you usually have no idea WHAT you're testing! Sometimes they don't do a great job of masking the packaging, other times they put stuff in generic packaging.  So if you find something you REALLY love, and it's in the generic packaging, you may never know what it is!  They have two different kinds of studies, home studies and studies at their testing facility (there's one in OH, and another in NJ).  No one comes to your home, it's just indicative of where the study is taking place!  With compensations there are a mix of products, and there's no rhyme or reason.  The $300 comp. had a $40 eye cream and a $100 serum among other things.  The last compensation I got was a L'oreal Mascara and gloss.  I'm currently waiting on two different comps for informational studies (long questionnaires you have to qualify to take)

(0) Hearts

Thanks. I will definitely sign up. I have not used Loreal since I was a teenager, but I would never say no to free makeup, especially if there is a chance to get free Lancôme. The thought of someone coming into my house turned me off, so I am glad to hear that is not the case. 

Darn, you have to be 18 Smiley Sad only 6 more months...

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It'll pass in no time! You wouldn't want to fib and then have them permanently keep you on the not allowed list. I'm sure there are huge liabilities with testing actual products so they want to be certain that you are legally able to do so Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I'm 17 too, and when I signed up, I just changed my birth year... is that allowed? and I still haven't gotten an email for my username and password Smiley Surprised

(0) Hearts

I asked my husband about this because I was also unsure , he is a Officer and here is what he said. He said legally it is illegal to lie when payment (products or money) is exchanged and if it involves the mail it can be a federal offense. However no one would ever really force the issue over makeup or skin care products but if they found out you could be banned from using the system after your 18. Just take a deep breath and wait until your 18 it will be here before you know it and then your be looking back when your older wishing you was just a teen again with little to no responsibilities .  * opinions are those of mine or my husbands and are not to be taken as legal advice * 

yah pretty sure that's not allowed and as the other girls mentioned, technically illegal!  

No. The age requirement is 18 and older because you would be an adult.  As an adult, you can provide consent for yourself and receive compensation. So no, that's not allowed and you can even get in trouble for lying about it.  Wait a few more months?

In short, by law, nope. There are legalities since they are offering payment.

I just signed up, thanks 

Sounds interesting... How'd you sign up for it?

google L'Oreal Consumer Testing Panel.  I will say, they rarely email to say theres a new study to prequal up - so you have to check the site frequently

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • happy dance.jpg