Mina777

Is there a night cream or lotion I could wear to help clear pores and prevent breakouts?

I need a good pore cleaning product. The pores around my chin are constantly clogged. They are not red like zits but make my chin look bumpy. I have been using clean and clear and neutrogena twice a day but neither seem to really do much for me. I still have clogged pores and occasional break-outs. Is there a better product that would work for me?

Also, I have been thinking about getting a tinted moisturizer. Which brand is the best for oily skin like mine that wont break me out?
Thank you

lylysa

Re: Is there a night cream or lotion I could wear to help clear pores and prevent breakouts?

Hey, Mina777, to help keep answers streamlined and your questions answered, there's no need to create duplicate threads! Everyone here in Beauty Talk see's new threads constantly and are ready and willing to chime in with help!

Take a look at your thread here (body is the same, but titled "Skin care") for some suggestions and info to help:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/skin-care/qaq-p/852147

Mina777

Re: Is there a night cream or lotion I could wear to help clear pores and prevent breakouts?

(0) Hearts

Im a little cautious about trying something more pricey if something cheaper will work just as well. I have read some of the reviews for the product suggestions and was wondering if there is one product in particular that offers the best results. What is the best product sephora offers?
If I were to walk into target or walmart, what would be the best product to try in stores? So far, I have only tried the two products I mentioned before.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Unfortunately because everyone's skin can be so unique, there's no guarantee that any one product recommended by anyone will for sure be the best on your skin without you trying it.

Sephora is great at offering samples of products if you're curious on a few options. Granted most products don't operate on a "use one time and all your problems are solved" basis, it will at least give you a good idea of whether your skin reacts well or negatively to it and whether it's something you can see yourself investing in.

When it comes to the wide world of products, keep yourself educated and well informed over active ingredients, formulations, and keep up with recent reviews on items to give you a well rounded idea on what to check into. As mentioned in your secondary thread, salicylic acid is a known and proven fighting ingredient that can help with clogged pores.

Pores themselves cannot have their sizing altered permanently by over the counter means as pores are determined by genetics. Though there are ingredients offered in over the counter products that can help temporarily tighten and constrict them, a great way to tackle enlarged or visible pores is to ensure they're kept clean and clear as to not draw more unwanted attention their way. Ingredients like amino acids, artichoke extract, and various alpha hydroxy acids can help increase resiliency and elasticity in pore walls, allowing them to improve in health and appearance. That in combination with salicylic acid often offers a 1-2 punch in address pore issues. Brands like Murad, GlamGlow, Algenist, Dr. Brant's Pores No More, and Boscia's Black Detox line all combine numerous ingredients that help target these levels.

Also, if your breakouts tend to be repetitive and reoccurring in the same areas, take into account factors like whether you constantly touch your face there, how often your phone is cleaned off, how often pillow cases are changed, do you use any hair products that coat strands and come in contact with those areas, even things like diet and intake can have a say in skin. If you've come to the conclusion that over the counter products just don't cut it (be it high end or drug store brands), book a trip your a local dermatologist or skin care therapist for a consultation. Extractions and skin clearing facials can be of a big help.

Mina777

(0) Hearts

Thanks, are either of them a night cream that I could rub on just before bed?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

In all honesty, night creams or moisturizers are going to primarily serve as just that...a moisturizer. Though many formulas are available and include beneficial ingredients that can assist with keeping pores clear and occasional break outs, their main function will be to ensure skin is properly hydrated first.

If your goal, need, and want is to address clearing and treating clogged pores, which in turn lead to break outs, then a treatment based product will best serve toward that function.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

The Benzoyl Peroxide is definitely something to wear at night- it dries a little flaky on my skin, so there is no way I'd consider wearing makeup overtop! I have used the salicylic acid treatment as a daily, under-makeup lotion though!

Spyski

Try a sulfur mask for clogged pores and closed comedones (bumpy acne that doesn't have a head). DDF also makes a similar mask!

I would suggest you put this mask on 2-3 times a week before you shower and leave it on while you shower so the steam can really open up those frisky pores and let the sulfur do the work. It worked wonderfully for my bumpy chin in rotation with using an enzyme exfoliant. 

DesertRose0706

[ Edited ]

For breakouts i definitely second the DDF benzoyl peroxide cream.  i apply it o my face every night before bed and it keeps my skin suuuper clear!

crayzeeRN

Hey Mina :smileyhappy:

I had this problem back in the summer and kept trying to exfoliate, wash, and use various different treatments that frustratingly had no effect. What finally worked for me was using a 1.5% Salicylic Acid and a 5% Benzoyl Peroxide which cleared things up pretty quickly! The two products I used were by DDF- the products are called Acne Control Treatment and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5% with Tea Tree Oil. They aren't sold at Sephora so I can't provide links, but Ulta does sell them!

Mina777

(0) Hearts

I read some reviews for this product and it said you need a moisturizer because it dries out the skin so bad. I have the occasional break-outs. 1-3 bumps. Nothing too serious but still annoying and very noticeable on my light skin. I have used things in the past that dried out my cheeks because I have combination skin. Is this product too strong or are the reviews I read just misleading.

If I do need a moisturizer, what is best to use wont be counter productive and make my skin oily. Thanks

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • crayzeeRN
    • DesertRose0706
    • Spyski
    • Mina777