misscg

Intervention maybe?? Too many orders!

I think my crazed addiction to sephora has taken a drastic change for the worse. I have 6 orders coming this Monday/Tuesday plus 4 orders from other places(not makeup). I'm on bed rest 7 months preggo and pretty bored, so I shop lol. the only places I can really go to get out are to eat and babiesrus since it's not too much walking or standing. Everywhere else, even the supermarket, is off limits :smileysad: Sephora is fun and I have an incentive to shop online, awesome perks....with that said im pretty sure my ups man thinks I'm completely off my rocker. My daughters think its xmas for me everyday since I'm always excited when a box comes lol. Anyone else think they need an intervention?

consolvo

Re: Intervention maybe?? Too many orders!

The perks do make it hard, don't they?!

I can imagine you are pretty bored there on bed rest and I feel for you. Maybe you could take up some kind of baby-related craft like crocheting or something to keep your hands busy (and off the Sephora site!). Pinterest might be a good place to browse for that kind of thing.

I've been having to rein myself in with the orders. Sometimes I get an order all done then think...you're buying all that just to get something free to give your sister?...then I remove it all. Other times I enforce the "leave it and see if you still think it's a good idea in the morning" approach.

I actually am buying off clearance for Christmas gifts and I can rationalize that and be happy about it as well.

All that said, I bet you're getting some awesome stuff and I'm jealous! :smileyhappy:

littletarte

Sephora and makeup keep me from going out of my mind too! I started last summer when I came down with shingles and I was aching and really depressed. Once my Tylenol 3 kicked in it was off to the races! I just felt so much better and I can really say that looking forward to getting better and using my new products got me through it, I mean I HAD to buy new makeup and throw away most of my old stuff. Bless your heart and we cannot help but love everything sephora has to offer. I am sure you will have a beautiful and healthy baby and I wish you the best. Best wishes, from Texas!

misscg

Slice is an awesome app! I always manually track my packages and have ups my choice but now that I have like 10 orders to track Slice has made it super easy. I just noticed that Monday I'm getting 2 orders, Tuesday 2-4 orders, Wednesday 2 orders and 2 more orders that haven't shipped yet that will probably come Tuesday and Thursday. It sounds better to me so my neighbors and husband don't see me getting all these boxes at once haha.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

this actually raises a really good question -- how DO people set limits on their beauty product spending?  Sometimes I get these almost uncontrollable urges to, say, go to Sephora and buy out all their Illamasqua cream blushes.  It's totally irrational and I definitely don't need more cream blush.  Yet the urge is so strong. When exercising self-control, what kinds of rules do you guys use that work?  "I don't really need it" is a good one, but it doesn't always work. 

as an example a new "rule" i'm trying out recently that seems to work (somewhat) is "I am only buying MINI versions of stuff!"

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Yesterday I went to the extreme to reign myself in at the Nordstrom Beauty Trend Show.

Last payday, I went to the ATM and withdrew my entire budget for the day. I didn't carry any credit cards, either.

I could've and would've spent a lot more- especially at Chanel- if I had access to more funds. As it was, I had to carefully calculate my purchases.  I managed to buy everything I really wanted/needed (night cream, Les Beiges, Kiehl's haircare, and a couple of wants- lippie, nail polish, and with a GC, Dior Eau Delice) and stay on budget (including GCs).

misscg

(0) Hearts

Lol. Its funny because I can tell myself no while in a sephora store, I can walk around the entire store and not find anything I want. I come online and it's like a different store to me. And I go to multiple locations being that I live in NYC and it's just not the same. i like to read reviews before I buy anything so likely if I didn't find what I wanted on the first trip I'd check it out online and fall my in love with in, either ordering or going to the store depending what it is.

right now I'm saying no more orders until at least next month or during a sale at least....I hope I can hold off.

Emeraldlight

I'm a mother of twins. During my pregnancy I did not have the luxury to splurge on items, I had to purchase two of everything. I only shopped for the necessities, I didn't care how I looked. I didn't need the extra things. Being pregnant gave me an outer glow. I found activities I could do that did not cost me large amounts on cash.

It's way too easy to shop online. I think quite possibly you need to find some other activity other than going online. I got a hunch that you will eventually regret your purchases, if you are buying out of boredom or you don't really want the item or need them.

Ask yourself next time before you purchase something, "Do I need this item or do I just want it?" That has helped me a lot to not buy extra stuff I don't need.

Hopefully you are enjoying your pregnancy. Hang in there!  Believe me. I know how confining being on bed rest can be. I also wish you a smooth delivery.

misscg

(0) Hearts

Usually I get a little crazy around my birthday month, October too with shopping. I usually buy new fall stuff like boots, sweaters, and jackets and whatever I'd been eying from sephora. Somehow I did this a month early, lol. I get what you're saying, with my first two money was tight and I really couldn't splurge on myself or them too much. This time I can splurge a little and have to get stuff for these children too.

With that said I mostly ordered stuff I've been holding off on of these I can pamper myself with like body washes and scrubs. Only thing I'll probably regret is the Nars matte lipstick in like the darkest color possible. And thanks for the kind wishes :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

We enable here and we are not interested in interventions; that is why we are here for all the fun of it!:smileyhappy: Everybody needs treats and you even more so. If it makes you feel better, i have placed 46 orders this month, 42 have arrived, 11 in one day from Sephora, 2 from Nordstrom, 2 Neiman Marcus, Bobby Brown,1 Saks,Amazon i cannot count - i live in cow pie no where - if i want anything decent i have to order it and i don't feel guilty. Then there is Etsy and Alabama Chanin...fun fun. Take care and congratulations, pamper yourself:smileyhappy:

anaa

Yes good luck with the pregnancy.  You deserve to be spoiled.

MermaidBarbie

Welcome to my world, lol. And I told myself no more shopping until next year LOL. I love the promo codes too much.

kissXmakeup

Holy mother of black pearl! I thought I had a problem, I am nowhere near that! I agree, I think it's time for an intervention :smileytongue: BUT, I would be as excited as a child on christmas if I had as many orders coming in as you ladies. 

LuckyWinter

Personally I don't think its that much, I've seen worst before! Its okay to buy things when you are bored, don't worry about it! Good luck with the pregnancy (:

Emeraldlight

Lol! Order a pair of scissors to cut up your credit card. Oops! I meant credit cards! 

misscg

(0) Hearts

Sadly its my debit cards taking the hit lol.

Esdee

(0) Hearts

Not so sad, at least the debit cards don't have an interest charge!  :smileyvery-happy:

carrie1975

I think you don't have anything to worry about. I've had 31 orders from Sephora this month and 2 from Lorac, 3 from amazon for beauty. Of course they aren't $50 orders. Maybe order that mommy and baby kit from lavanilla just to say you ordered something for the baby!

misscg

(0) Hearts

I did make 2 orders from the children's place for my kids and 2 orders for myself for fall clothes and boots...but I failed to mention I just got 3 orders from sephora yesterday. Each order varied in the amount some as low as $5 others in $50+. my husband is going to kill me, lol.

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

Maybe find a good book to keep you busy? I can read a book a day sometimes if its a good one. I wish you well with your pregnancy and delivery and hope to see some pics soon. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 30 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • anaa
    • spoiledbrat
    • misscg
    • drrragon
    • consolvo
    • MermaidBarbie