If I do this, will I get banned from shopping online here at Sephora?

CzaCee

If I do this, will I get banned from shopping online here at Sephora?

[ Edited ]

Okay, so I'm a mini perfume addict and the 25 days of giving minis totally got my attention. Since monday, I've been placing a minimum of $25 orders just to be able to redeem a mini. I don't wanna be spending $25 everyday just to get minis coz my wallet is still recovering from all the November shopping I made.

Question is: Can I just place just ONE $1 order EVERY DAY til the 25th day just so I can redeem a mini perfume everyday? Will I get banned if I do this? Mods?

kssweetheart

Re: If I do this, will I get banned from shopping online here at Sephora?

(0) Hearts

Hi MoreGun89 - Congrat's on the upcoming wedding. I say it's better to plan in advance. It always surprises me when you hear that a celeb got her evening gown for the Oscar's just the day before. Are you kidding me?? I'd have that bad boy Months and Months in advance, along with a number of back ups, just in case. But, I'm the girl who writes down every single item I'll need to pack for a trip. I write what goes with what and what shoes and bag coordinate. Versus my best friend who packs for her trip to Florida the morning of her trip. Different strokes I guess.

So, Congratulations, I hope it's a magical day for you and that all the planning goes as smoothly as possible. It's nice to hear wonderful news like this. I hope you'll gives us updates but totally get it if you don't feel like sharing that info. I might be that way. Don't know, haven't 'been there'. :smileyhappy:

LindaDD

LOL. I just saw the page for the $1 body wash caps -- most of them are out of stock. I think a lot of people are placing small orders to get the perks (or maybe rounding off their purchases for the gift card).

CzaCee

So I guess I just have to play it safe and order $25 orders. Crossing my fingers I won't get banned.

I have also though of waiting for a couple of days then I'l redeem 2 or maybe 3 minis at once but with the rate they're getting OOS, I think that wouldn't be too much feasible. lol.

I would just have to limit myself to just 10 minis though. lol.

Thanks ladies for all the suggestions! :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

I didn't realize there was a $25.00 minimum on the merrymini promos. Either way I'd be afraid when it comes to $1.00 purchases for Any promo's. Maybe one tiny order here or there would be okay but I'd be nervous doing multiple $1.00 -ish orders, especially before the holidays, I'd be afraid of getting banned and missing out on any surprise offers they may have in store for us. I know it's a drag. But I also don't know if you'd really have to do $50.00 orders. Thinking you can go lower than that. Maybe safer to play around a bit after the holidays. You could also call Rough Hotline.

I think **beautytester's** take on this is right on point. We mini/deluxe sample stalkers have to look out for each other.

Also **misscg's** suggestion to wait and put a few merryminis on one order sounds good. Well, as long as the system will let you do more than one at a time.

Hang in there. We really make ourselves crazy about these things. So just know that you're not alone.

EllieyJelly

I've gotten 4 minis but I  bought 2 at once and I always make sure it's above 25 mainly for the promo code. I would try to avoid $1 order everyday. Try to get two at once :smileyhappy: 

ry22

I agree with beautytester, but the holiday kits this year are nice, the Naked3 looks beautiful, and you can always stock up on staples :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

lol, I like something that somebody mentioned a while back, about getting enough cottom pads to stuff a sleeping bag. I forsee many many Shiseido cotton and KGD cleansing water in travel size coming my way. =P

viviene23

(0) Hearts

It looks like its just gonna be a pile of cotton pads for you :smileytongue:

KGD has been out of stock...*checks to see*...yep still is!

spoiledbrat

CzaCee is a rouge, why would her orders need to be $50?  "Any amount, any time."

misscg

Because $25 is the magic number for promos, lol. Id wait a couple of days and order 2 together instead of spending more money than I intend to just for perks. Or just order in random increments of money. Besides who really knows why someone will get banned anyway.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Technically you can, whether or not you should is not for me to judge. However, I think ppl mentioned that fraud detection and stuff are done by a computer algorithm, and $1 purchases everyday for 20 days straight sounds like a perfect example of a generic red flag/alert to me. And considering the fact that I haven't heard about any flagged/banned Rouge account being unflagged/unbanned, I don't think the mods (and the rep on the phone) are able/allowed do anything once the computer picks out the anomaly and sends it to the tech dept or something.

ps. I like those minis too. The only consolation I can give you is that Sephora recycle perks and puts out mini fragrance sets quite frequently so if you don't get something, I'm sure there will be another opportunity to get the samething sometimes within that 1.5 yr (this coming from a recovering mini/deluxe sample stalker)

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

Yes; I've got three out of the six revealed already through promos/collections that Sephora has done in the past.  The first day I was freaking out because I don't have 2500; wish I still had that problem :smileytongue:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh I wish I have 2500 points, lol. That backstage at fashion show for bazillion pts thing a while back has gotten my hopes up. I can resist 500pts perks fine but it's those 100pts perk that gets me. I already have full size of the ones I like but out of the 6, I have definitely see 4 of them hanging around the website in different forms at some point.

lilyyy

I have the points and I want the minis but I don't want 25 daily packages from Sephora!

Sephora overlords: Please, please, PLEASE have day 25 be a 2,500 point perk with all the minis!

algenib

(0) Hearts

LOL you are pleading so nicely that they might listen <3

misscg

Well since u just admitted you're ordering just for the minis what difference does it make? And shouldn't u be spending $50 to really avoid scrutiny? 

bambina2011

Lucky you! Do you have 2500 points?

1Emily

Yeah, seriously hahahaha. I can never go that long before I feel like I absolutely need one of the point perks, nor to I have the kind of money to spend that much that fast hahaha.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 90 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nathaliew
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • misscg
    • dianabt