CzaCee

If I do this, will I get banned from shopping online here at Sephora?

[ Edited ]

Okay, so I'm a mini perfume addict and the 25 days of giving minis totally got my attention. Since monday, I've been placing a minimum of $25 orders just to be able to redeem a mini. I don't wanna be spending $25 everyday just to get minis coz my wallet is still recovering from all the November shopping I made.

Question is: Can I just place just ONE $1 order EVERY DAY til the 25th day just so I can redeem a mini perfume everyday? Will I get banned if I do this? Mods?

carenganda21

Re: If I do this, will I get banned from shopping online here at Sephora?

(0) Hearts

I believe there is no minimum amount to purchase if you want the mini perfume because those are perks... The $25 minimum is about the promo codes that they show everyday together with the mini perfume... That's how i understood when I was reading the fine print... 

GGCL85

(0) Hearts

Can anyone please answer to my question if you know. A few days ago I placed 2 orders online.Next day I got email they said my orders cancelled.Then I order again and they cancelled again.Before all these orders,I placed about 7-8 orders.I received all of them.But now can't purchase online anymore.I'm afraid and thinking I'm banned.I'm very busy to go to the store everytime.I like more online.What it can be? It also said Status : unsuccessful authorization. 

CaitlinBrunson

I would be cautious. If I was a random person investigating, it would look suspicious to me. 

dianabt

@CzaCee you can place your orders for the perks if you do wish to do so- we've sold out of every day's fragrance mini so get them quick while they are still available! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Candy357

(0) Hearts

You can do this?? Oh **bleep** so cool! I thought it had to be 25 minimum, or is that for shipping only?

Anyway I want those lil perfumes too, but have to wait.

Lucky you can do that!! :smileytongue: Jealous!!! :smileyhappy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Most of the promo codes are minimum $25 purchase, but no minimum for adding a point perk or free Rouge shipping!

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

You can do it too, you have Rouge shipping!

marydiva

Guys....Sephora has what's called fraud protection. There was a girl on the internet banned for reselling things. That's different from normal shopping. I think you'll be fine. If a hiccup comes up, just call the Rouge line, they'd get you unbanned in a flash. 

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

marydiva: Unfortunately that's not quite true. With the black friday sales a lot of rouges had problems because they placed several 10 dollar orders (because things got in stock again or new things were posted) they not only got flagged but had their orders cancelled so CzaCee's concern is a very valid one. 

lilyyy

From reading BT, many banned users will confirm that your last statement is not true.

bratknits

(0) Hearts

No kidding, guess banishing all the threads to the CS side is working to "hide their shame" so to speak.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

...ok, help me understand, how is moving all those threads to the CS side (instead of deleting it) so normal BTers who's here for makeup chats won't be flooded by it an act to "hide their shame"?

ps. you can still see those thread if you search for it.

misscg

(0) Hearts

It happened to one of my threads before. It wasn't a CS issue but it got moved there so no one could see it because it was bad for sephora's pristine image or something

dianabt

@bratknits @beautytester threads that pertain to customer service issues/questions or order placement CAN be moved to customer support if they don't fit in where they are posted. Nothing is being deleted but keep in mind Sephora reserves the right to post and remove what we wish. Thank you for your understanding. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lilyyy

(0) Hearts

CS threads don't show up on the main page of BT.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

No they don't because 90% of the time we can't do anything about it and it's mostly for the mods. I guess it's just difference in taste/opinion then. I don't like my front page flooded with combining accounts, fixing Rouge, subscribing to email/mail and stuff that I can't help with and was getting kind of annoyed because I don't work for Sephora, and it hinders me from see/answering beauty questions I can help with and chat about makeup with fellow BBFFs. =).

Besides, if you do want to look at all those stuff, all it takes is one click on the leftside menu (which is a million times easier than finding what threads I'm subscribed to. If they were trying to hide it, they are doing a terrible job of it, lol).

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

now that you mention it, how the heck do i find my subscribed threads? was searching earlier and then i gave up :X

katie1724

^This, yes. I agree! There are often posts like this in Makeup or Ask the Experts sections, so they wind up in the main feed, where they shouldn't be. There is nothing wrong with restricting them to the appropriate section. I also find it hard to believe, just given the of number comments I've read with complaints, that Sephora is deleting anything just for the sake of disliking it (not that they couldn't do this, though, as it's explicit in the TOS).  

SallieSunshine

FWIW, here is what a mod told me in a PM I sent about another issue. I tangentially mentioned the "banning" issue, and the mod responded in part, "it's VERY rare and we just want to keep product availability fair for everyone so I wouldn't worry about it unless you are shipping to an address you don't live/work at or are reselling items!"

MoreGun89

Thankfully I'll be at home next week and just placed my haul order for the month!  Crossing fingers that everything goes through, the palette I want to use for my wedding colors (granted it's still a year and some change off) is in there! :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 91 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nathaliew
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • misscg
    • dianabt