KateLovesYSL

I received a fake product today in a Trade

Today, I got two packages in the mail. One was my Tom Ford Lip sheers and the other was a trade that I recently did. Lips Sheers made my day, the trade has bummed me out.

I'm extremely disappointed that I received a fake Naked 2 palette . It was my first ever trade and I am seriously doubting that I will ever trade again. 

I posted many pics with comments in my profile of the fake palette. Here are two of the pics. In the first pic you can see that right hand side is fake and in second pic, the top is fake. 

I'm posting to warn others to be careful of fakes! I didn't even know that fake palettes existed because I have always purchased all my makeup (I have all 3 Naked palettes already and so does my daughter. That's how I was able to do comparison pics.

This time I was trading in good faith for an item I already had but was going to give to one of my step daughters as a gift.

I have pm'd the person here and am really hoping that this was not intentional and hope this gets resolved soon. 

photo 3-1.JPGphoto 4-1.JPG

katief241981

Re: I received a fake product today in a Trade

I am so glad this got resolved for you.  Such a shame that these fakes even exist.  

KateLovesYSL

Hi everyone,

First, I just want to thank everyone for your support yesterday. It meant a lot to be able to share with you my frustration, and to let others know that there are fakes so we can all be cautious.

The trader has refunded me the money for the item, the original shipping costs and will be reimbursing me for the shipping of the palette back to her. I feel much better now that this is taken care of. And I want to thank her for taking care of this soo quickly. She is sincere and sorry about this problem that transpired and after messaging with her a few times yesterday, I am choosing to believe it was an honest mistake. 

She is trying to find the receipt to return back to the store. I hope it gets resolved in the store for her.

For now, I still don't think I'll venture in trading again though, it's not worth the risk to me. 

I may want to try one of the travelling boxes if there ever is a Canadian Only one! 

SydBristow

Glad it was resolved!  Sorry you had a bad trade experience.  :smileysad:  Unfortunately, it does happen.  :smileysad:

marydiva

So glad this was resolved. It sounds like it was an honest mistake on the part of the trader on the other end. 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Hoping this works out for you....please keep us posted!

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

Has the trader accepted your terms?

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I'm sorry this happened. :smileysad: That really sucks. I hope it gets resolved.

tehprincessjenn

(0) Hearts

Oh wow, it does look really fake. Top is fake. And look at the cheap brush packaging! I know someone may have mispackaged something during returns as I heard one customer ask why her black mascara was brown...

Plantgarden

(0) Hearts

I will tell you, I have received two separate items from Sephora, that I ordered online, and they appeared to be used items. Both were palettes.

One palette was missing the card insert and foam, with two colors looking like they had been swatched.

The other palette was missing the plastic cover over the shadows that list the names and a few of the colors again looked swatched.

Additionally, upon opening the boxes, the boxes just had that look about them like they had been opened. They were not nice and crisp.

I certainly DO NOT HOPE that Sephora is recycling returns. When a return happens, do they just put it back on the shelf???

Needless to say, these palettes are being returned.

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I don't know for online, but I know for in stores sometime people open the boxes and put them back on the shelves, and no one would know until they purchased it/open it. I always check mine when I walk out of the store so I don't have to make another trip back in case there was something wrong. 

aviscardi

i do the same, i check it before i pay to make sure it hasn't been messed with

cpeezy

When I worked in cosmetics, it was required by LAW to damage out anything that was returned, regardless of what the customer said about their usage of the product. Maybe thats a California thing, but I thought it was smart, as some people out there can be less than honest, and taking home something for your face that someone else used is pretty gross.

shortstuff07

When we do a return, we ask if the item was used. Even if they say they only used it once, it gets damaged out. I've also had to pull butter London polishes that were opened in store and used that end up getting tossed.
Either the SA is mislabeling/sorting or the customer returning the item is lying about the condition. In the case of a fake palette, they absolutely would not want them checking to see if it's used, so they would want to tell them it's brand new.
If Sephora associates are knowingly reselling damaged/used goods, it's a huge health issue, who really knows where those fingers have been?

Plantgarden

(0) Hearts

If the customer tells them it is brand new,...does it just go back on the shelf,..without anyone really inspecting it?

And what about returns from online purchases, that are mailed back?

MGJM

When I worked at Sephora, I checked every single product that was returned, whether they said it was or it wasn't used.  Things like mascaras get tossed either way because there is no way to be 100% sure that it wasn't used.  I would never EVER put a product back out on the floor if I didn't check it first. 

katie1724

(0) Hearts

This has been my experience -- they ask, but they also open everything. I recently returned a lipstick I hadn't used, but I watched it get damaged out anyway. 

butterblume

At my Sephora the SA doesn't ask, just opens everything to check. I tell her which ones are used just to save her the time, the rest she judges for herself (even if I say it's new she will check to make sure - which is great, even if it makes me feel slightly embarrassed.)

MGJM

Yeah it was a little bit awkward sometimes, especially when they would say that it wasn't used, and upon opening it, I could see that it was most definitely used.  It's always better to be safe than sorry though!

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

personally when i worked at ulta the procedure was if they say it wasent used the manager made us put it back on the floor, even if it was used once it had to be marked as damaged and mailed out.

i always thought this was kind of nasty but idk how sephora does it 

kimchikween

Let's focus on the positives....tell me more about those TF lip sheers!  What shades did you get? Eeeeeenable ussssssss :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 78 replies
  • 185 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • daisies121
    • killahbabe
    • tehprincessjenn
    • marydiva