KateLovesYSL

I received a fake product today in a Trade

Today, I got two packages in the mail. One was my Tom Ford Lip sheers and the other was a trade that I recently did. Lips Sheers made my day, the trade has bummed me out.

I'm extremely disappointed that I received a fake Naked 2 palette . It was my first ever trade and I am seriously doubting that I will ever trade again. 

I posted many pics with comments in my profile of the fake palette. Here are two of the pics. In the first pic you can see that right hand side is fake and in second pic, the top is fake. 

I'm posting to warn others to be careful of fakes! I didn't even know that fake palettes existed because I have always purchased all my makeup (I have all 3 Naked palettes already and so does my daughter. That's how I was able to do comparison pics.

This time I was trading in good faith for an item I already had but was going to give to one of my step daughters as a gift.

I have pm'd the person here and am really hoping that this was not intentional and hope this gets resolved soon. 

photo 3-1.JPGphoto 4-1.JPG

KateLovesYSL

Re: I received a fake product today in a Trade

did you not see my post in the Feb Haul thread? LOL

I don't have pics of the lip sheers yet because I only received 5 of the 8 so far..BUT, I posted pics of the 12 lipsticks I bought in Dec. Not a great quality picture but still drool worthy ...lol 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I've been avoiding that thread - I already kind-of broke my no-buy (by just a day) :smileytongue:  I just got the one (Paradiso) but really want In the Buff, Pink Dune, and Summer Fling now

KateLovesYSL

Those are quite popular and sold out fast. Holt Renfrew is the only store to sell it in canada & only carries it in one location. they sold out of Summer fling, Pink dune and Paradiso within 2-3 days of getting them. That's why I had to order from NM. 

So---don't think about them for too long! lol

Winter

I, so sorry this happened to you. Trades always make so nervous that I just keep away from them. i hope everything gets resolved. Even if she really thought this was a legit palette And now knows its a fake, she should do the right thing. Maybe she didn't know when she bought it, but it's not your fault either! And she bought it at sephora? How can that be? Hmmm.......

AznAngelLiz

I wonder if someone bought a real Naked 2 at Sephora and returned their fake one. I've heard of it happening in the past but didn't think it still does. Just a thought...but I want to see if she agrees to KateLovesYSL's terms before I say anything else. 

caliglow66

That's terrible! I really hope whoever you traded with makes it up to you.

annec322

What an awful thing to have happen!  I've always wondered about what I would do in this situation.  It's a good thing you had another palette to compare it to!  Best of luck in resolving this :smileysad:

KateLovesYSL

The trader has replied to me and said she bought it at Sephora and was shocked and embarrassed that this happened. I have asked for her to pay me back for the item and the shipping of it to her. I have also stated that I will mail the fake palette back to her at her expense (once I receive payment ) so she can return it at Sephora and bring it to their attention that they sold her fakes as she said she bought 2 of them that day. 

This is the fairest way I can think of to resolve this. 

Let's hope I can put this behind me soon! 

I'll just buy my step daughter a Naked 2 ...should have done so in the first place and I would have gotten points ...I only traded so she could have a LE item that was sold out everywhere.

AznAngelLiz

Glad this got resolved quickly and to your satisfaction! Hopefully it won't deter you from future trades. 

KateLovesYSL

Well, hopefully she will agree and follow through with what I proposed. Will keep you updated :smileyhappy:

chsu2016

I'm sorry this happened to you. :/ I went on ebay just recently and saw that these companies were selling Naked 1, 2 and 3 palettes for only $10-20 dollars.  It is very obvious that they are trying to replicate urban decay.  One way of trying to see if the palette is authentic or not is try swatching the matte shades.- The real one is highly pigmented and sort of creamy, while the fake is sheer and very dry.  I read this online and just tested mine out. (I know its real because I bought it from sephora but still, you never know.)  There are also some makeup wholesalers who sell fake Naked 1, 2, and 3 by the thousands...There are several youtube videos showing and comparing fake--> real.  

bfuller

Oh KateLovesYSL, I hate this for you.  You are so kind to allow the person time to respond on this issue.

Hoping it all works out.  :smileyhappy:

infinitise

Wow.. I never thought this could happen especially here in this community. 

But honestly, I don't see how this could have been a mistake. 

there is an obvious difference that anyone whose been to Sephora and seen a UD naked 2 would have noticed. 

and this could have been avoided if he/she had bought it from a credible source.. 

even if the person didn't know that it was fake when they were buying it, they probably did when they received it. and this situation is at best trying to get something out of an item that they bought as a mistake 

kristallovesdogs

Oh my word that's terrible!  The fake is purple!  So sad this happened - it makes our makeup community feel un-safe and untrustworthy.  :/

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

But but! I got it from a Nigerian prince when I gave him $138347293 to help him, so it's totally trustworthy, right?

ps. I'm always willing to give ppl the benefit of the doubt, because not everyone is as well versed in makeup as us or stalk every makeup release all the time, especially if they are not familiar with UD. I know I am officially a beauty addict when, despite the fact I usually don't wear makeup, I know more about make than my friends who do wear full face of makeup (all the high/low-end brands, even ones they haven't heard of, and words like primer, contour, and the difference between shimmer/glitter/metallic/frost finish, and difference between orange-red/pink-red/brick-red/fire-engine-red/warm-red/blue-red etc etc). =X

With that said, even if it is not the trader's fault, I hope she does the right thing and give you a refund etc. Hope it gets resolved soon.

killahbabe

*looks around suspiciously*

bfuller

Settle down, Ninja Warrior... benefit of a doubt first, attack *only* if no attempt made to right the wrong.

killahbabe

Hey! I was ONLY looking! ...for now! haha.

mlmac

So sorry to hear this happened to you! 

jojobe

I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. Unfortunatly this is what our society has been reduced too. While I hope it was an honest mistake because I would not know until I got one either. That is just crappy and the person needs to be reported before anyone else ends up with something like this. 

DitzCore

That's upsetting. :smileysad: I hope this was a misunderstanding and the issue gets fixed for you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 78 replies
  • 185 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • daisies121
    • killahbabe
    • tehprincessjenn
    • marydiva