gem5136

Hourglass blushes are live!!!

Hourglass blushes are on sale now as a VIB/Rouge exclusive. So hard for me to just order one, I'm trying to be good and wait until chic week to order the others :smileyhappy: 

SallieSunshine

Re: Hourglass blushes are live!!!

Dim Infusion is matte. I just piled it onto my forearm and there's no shimmer. It's the most natural looking flush. And I'm pretty light - the NW15 foundation they sold me at MAC is too dark for me even to pretend like it might be my color. (Still looking for a foundation, so I don't have a good color match to give you!)

It's more peach than pink, but not at all in an Orgasm way. I wish I could do photos, but my cell phone shots in fake light won't help you. :smileysad:

emmamaybe

Sounds lovely.  I'm super pale as well - try out Illumasqua in skin base number 2, it's perfect for me, but I have pink undertones.  Bobbi Brown does a very light one as well with yellow undertones.  Did you consider getting the Etherial color too?

SallieSunshine

(0) Hearts

Ethereal is on my loves and I will surely order it as soon as it's back in stock! You reminded me I actually have a full-sized Illamasqua Skin Base 3 that I haven't opened yet. It was more yellow than the 2, which is why I ordered it. I shall open tonight and try it tomorrow! Thank you!

And thanks for the tip on Bobbi Brown. I haven't used her stuff at all, but I've been wanting to try it out. Next time I'm in a store I will stop by for a match. Cheers!

drrragon

great, thanks so much for the detailed descriptions ladies, now I can buy in confidence. :smileyhappy:

gem5136

See I think dim infusion has a satin finish, your probably right though. I'm pretty terrible at at telling subtle differences between some finishes. Maybe it's that dim infusion seems to have so much more depth than many matte blushes which I feel can sometimes go flat. 

SallieSunshine

When I read you said "satin finish," I immediately wondered if I'd missed that. I tend to think of things as matte, shimmer, or glitter. The subtlety of satin is somewhat lost on me, I'm afraid. It wasn't flat or chalky, but I didn't see what I would think of as sheen or shine. But I agree with you that it has depth. Maybe I need remedial finishing class.  :smileywink:  I'm going to use it tomorrow on my face for the first time and see what I think then. 

ghkim

ethereal is matte

drrragon

thanks ghkim!  the swatches i've seen of ethereal are so freakin gorgeous, I may not be able to resist even though it's probably too light for me!  

ghkim

what is your skin tone? i was actually shocked that it worked on me, given the chalky light swatches i saw online. i am around nc 20 and it doesnt look too light or chalky at all. very natural glowy pink.

drrragon

I'm light-medium with warm undertones.  Would you say it compares to Benefit Dandelion?  That one works ok for me, it's really light but very pretty!

ghkim

i don't have dandelion so i can't say. i do have light-medium skin with warm undertones too, so my guess is that it will look great on you!

smallpio

[ Edited ]

I found this photo of Ethereal Glow and Radiant Magenta on a blog called Loveyeyaa. I just googled "Hourglass Ambient Blush Swatch. These seem more true to life than Temptalia's swatches to me (which seems silly...I haven't seen any in real life)

upload_3280185051149481160.jpg

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

Okay now that looks like a light pink! The other ethereal swatch looked like an extremely light lavender.

nikki

Re-enabled for Ethereal. 

katie1724

Same here! 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i agree that that is how ehteral glow looks on my arm. but somehow it looks so much more like a natural flush on my face!

smallpio

Pale pinks always seem to do that on me. It looks like chalk on my arm, but once it blends into my cheeks it looks totally natural and brightening. 

gem5136

My swatches are obviously not the greatest in quality as I just took them with my Ipad but I think they look very different on my then temptalia. I am much fairer and more neutral than her though.

Here is dim infusion and luminous flush on me. I posted this in a different thread earlier. image.jpg

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Adding luminous blush on my loves list!!!

missrmessner

All of the blushes (except for Ethereal) are swatched on Temptalia! 

missrmessner

Dim Infusion:

hourglass_diminfusion005.jpg

Luminous Flush:

hourglass_luminousflush005.jpg

Mood Exposure:

hourglass_moodexposure005.jpg

Diffused Heat:

hourglass_diffusedheat008.jpg

Radiant Magenta:

hourglass_radiantmagenta005.jpg