nhunka

Have you been banned from returning items to Sephora?

I have returned 3 items in the past 3 months without receipt. The amount totaled to 45 (at regular sephora) and 30 (at JCP sephora)  so $75 total

Do you guys know what the dollar limit on returns is? 

Does a return at JCP Sephora count towards returns in a regular Sephora? 

I just need to return two more items for which i do not have the receipt. Both were purchased before I got my BI account so there is no way for them to look it up. 

veryhappy2222

Re: Have you been banned from returning items to Sephora?

(0) Hearts

Hi nhunka. I don't know if you have already viewed this I'm still learning where to post these things) but I wrote this several days ago to customer service and so far I've heard nothing.

On November 3rd, I tried to return a gift and was rejected due to having several other returns just before this one. I would like to say, I purchase product for 3 homes and have been a loyal customer for 14 years. I don’t normally keep my receipts (I do now) as I don’t mind receiving a gift card as I know I can always spend the money at Sephora and I didn't mind having a store credit at this time either. I am sure you know that if given the credit  back (with a receipt) I could take that same amount to Nordstrom’s Neiman Marcus, Saks, ect. They also honor any sale prices or discounts of Sephora’s.

On Nov 3, when I was rejected and told at the bottom of my receipt that I could no longer return for 60 days. This did not disturb me to much so I continued shopping for many purchases at the November sale. You can see in my account that I do purchase 2 or 3 of the same items. Yesterday I went to return my gift once again and was still rejected. My receipt from Nov 3 says 60 days. From my calculations, I would be well over my time period.

Please handle this and get back with me

butterblume

Why are you asking Nhunka to handle this? She's a poster here just like you. You've been told repeated on your two other threads to post this in the forum called "Customer Service" or to call Sephora directly. Asking other BTers to handle your issue isn't going to do anything.

Kaylarosebud11

(0) Hearts

Was she asking nhunka or is that part of her email to customer service?

AKRinNY

She's not asking her to handle it. That's the last paragraph/line from her quoted message. I do agree that usinq quotation marks or the like would be a lot clearer.

nhunka

I am sorry this happened to you! Lets hope one of Sephora customer service reps takes this into consideration! 

quotidianus

I wonder ... if returns across multiple companies are are tracked by the same third-party vendor, do they also track the reason? I had to return a higher-end bb cream to Ulta because when I got home and went to use, the protective seal was missing. There should be a difference between discretionary sales and sales due to faulty/bad/unsafe products.

lucyshnoosy

(0) Hearts

I agree completely!  There should be a way to differentiate between types of returns.  Some returns are actually exchanges necessitated by problems with the product.

One example: I bought a lighted magnifying mirror from Sephora and it didn't work properly.  I went to the store to exchange it for a functional one.  However, I was told that they couldn't do an exchange: I had to return it and buy another one. 

annypoo

[ Edited ]

There is a limit of returns you can make without a receipt. They use your ID to track it. Way back when, I kept throwing away my receipts and after 3 returns without a receipt, I wasn't allowed to return anymore items without a receipt. Thus, I learned to keep all my receipts. My theory is that you can make 3 returns without a receipt (since it happened to me before and you). 

Yen89

Hi annypoo, I returned some items to sephora, but with invoice and receipt. I haven't opened those yet. It just  I change my mind afterward. Normally, I returned by mail. I am so lazy to go to store even though it is faster to get refund in-store. I wonder   Return with receipt and by mail will be no flag on me?  is there any difference?

Just curious, when I return item with a promotion code item, Do I have to return that promotion item  as well? I do not mind return them since most of them are not my favorite. I am loyal with a skincare brand only. For those promotion code, I am only interested in perfume. 

anyone knows?

Thanks

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi Yen89,

You do not need to return a promotional item you received with an order, even if you are returning the merchandise you received in the order.  Any promotional items and free samples are yours to keep! :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
Yen89

(0) Hearts

Thanks Randee,

Glad to know! 

Spoiler
:smileyhappy: 
lucyshnoosy

Same here: I used to discard Sephora receipts but now I have a specific folder for them.   It makes things easier if there is a problem with a product.

nhunka

(0) Hearts

I have made three already and havent been banned.

What was the total amount of your returns? 

IttyxBittyxMe

I feel like I'm stalking this thread. ;_;

I wouldn't say this is true though. I made at least 6 to 7 returns/exchanges without receipts last year and I wasn't flagged, banned, or anything of the sort. 

nhunka

What did the amount total for? Can you recall?

IttyxBittyxMe

Anywhere from $20 to $150, my exchange tonight was $150 or so. The total amount of my exchanges throughout the year though? No idea. I kept having to exchange out foundations because I was getting bad matches so I know it was well over $200 (throughout the year I mean).

nhunka

Did they use ypur ID for exchanges without receipt?

IttyxBittyxMe

Yep, every time without fail. They use it to verify you made the purchases. And they can apparently use your card number, though that only happened once and never again before or after that, 

Nicrohr

Well, at the Sephora by me they don't do "exchanges" (I wish they did!  I never want my money back, I just want to get the correct foundation color like you're saying, or get something else!)... 

At my Sephora you HAVE TO return, they process the return, then they will sell you something new.  No exchanging :smileysad:.

lucyshnoosy

(0) Hearts

Same here.  That makes no sense to me!

Nicrohr

Oh that's great to know!  Good news then :smileyvery-happy:.

Now you all made me go to the website of the TRE Return Authorization people and read all their policies.  It was good and bad, with zero actual concrete info.

They also point out that limits ARE set by the retailer, not by TRE.  So for Sephora to keep saying "it's out of our hands" and "we don't have that info" is total BS.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 74 replies
  • 118 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • melisa16
    • seemee22
    • dianabt
    • ladymeag