alkapassi

Has anyone used Kate somerville retasphere-2-in-1-retinol-night-cream ?

(0) Hearts

I am 29+ and looking for some age preveting thing.I have oliy/normal skin with occasional breakouts and big pores .My forehead is bit darker than rest of my face.I went to store and SA recommended this to me.I grabbed a sample but still has to try.I am looking for suggestion if someone tried it and how did they like it .Is there anything else you guys recommend ?

http://www.sephora.com/retasphere-2-in-1-retinol-night-cream-P377369?skuId=1490341#askAndAnswerTab?

calcutta

Re: Has anyone used Kate somerville retasphere-2-in-1-retinol-night-cream ?

Seems she was just creating other problems to distract from her real issues, so sad :smileysad:

calcutta

LOL, I can imagine that conversation........you did WHAT??

lylysa

(0) Hearts

She carried on about how things translated to her personal life (she got very detailed and shared the information freely) and overall it just made me very sad. The likelihood that she may suffer from a clinical disorder and rather than seek professional treatment or assistance, and even research skin care products to cleanse properly didn't come across as the option to go but rather start wiping down with bleach is just horrible.

After I spoke and worked with her she did understand that bleach wipes on the face/body were a no-no and that because of her decision to use them she now has a whole new set of worries besides germs and bacteria.

alkapassi

Oh Wow ,so much good information.

@lylysa  I have started using aveda products week back only before that I was using philosphy made simple cleanser and caudalie vinosource sorbet.I do use FAB radiance PADS once in a while too

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Depending on how your skin works with the FAB pads, try utilizing them once every 2 or 3 days at night to be sure you're not overwhelming skin. If after 7 uses there are no ill/negative effects, try to bump them up to nightly use.

If you use them during the day, be sure to follow up with sunscreen as you want to protect freshly exfoliated skin from UV rays. Definitely invest in a good sunscreen to layer over your moisturizer or find a moisturizer with SPF for day time use.

calcutta

@ Lylysa

That just made me cringe!!

lylysa

Yeah, it was very tough to hear and also very alarming! Whenever I provide assistance I'm not be the type to say "You MUST do this" or "You HAVE to do this", but this was an instance where it was "Put the Clorox wipes DOWN and BACK AWAY!!!!"

calcutta

OMG, just saw your post about someone ingesting the peel capsule! People are stupid :/

lylysa

Some folks just don't read....

I've also worked with a client before who came in to address bumps, redness, irritation, and rough texture on her face....turns out she was using Clorox Bleach Wipes (the ones for counters/surfaces) on her skin. She shared how she's a big big germophobe and figured if it can kill bacteria on tables why not on her skin too? 

redwagon44

That cracks me up. I manufacture wet wipes and we get to hear all sorts of fun customer complaints about that. We make some high-alcohol wipes for hospitals and we put in bold "DO NOT USE ON SKIN', have warning stickers on the top, and we STILL get so many complaints that it burns their face/skin/bum/whatever. I don't understand how these people function on a day-to-day basis. 

lylysa

Either folks don't read or they take it "as a suggestion"...um, NO! 

calcutta

@ Lylysa

Yeah, I've just been putting people's names in front of the posts, its still annoying.

I don't really use much makeup on a daily basis, only lipstick and eyeliner.

calcutta

I can't reply to anyone it seems, so annoying.

That's very cool, and its fantastic that you take the time to regale us with your knowledge.

I've also had a good experience with The Body Shop's vitamin C capsules, any thought on that?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No worries, sometimes the browser being used will/won't allow direct responses under a post. I find that the "@" before a name can help steer responses better, especially when a thread becomes very hectic.

I haven't used the capsules before, but actually considered them recently (until I found I had another bottle of Ole's Truth Serum and a mini PTR Camu Camu serum :smileytongue:). The use of silicones paired with the vitamin C sources can help to cushion things a bit and tends to be what gives the product inside the capsules that silky texture. Some folks aren't too keen on too heavy or rich of a silicone feel in products, but this can vary by preference or even skin type. It doesn't both me any as I have used foundation primers that are of a silicone base. I find serums/fluids to absorb in quicker as silicones can just sit atop of skin.

calcutta

I like Peter Thomas Roth's Camu Camu Serum, it smells delicious too!

Lylysa, may I ask what you do for a living? You seem to be very knowledgeable on these topics, or do you just read and research a lot?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

It sure does! I'm such a sucker for citrus scents! ^_^

I used to work heavily in the cosmetics/beauty retail world but now only freelance on my own personal time for hair, make up, and skin care. I'm a huge product and ingredient knowledge junkie! In fact it's actually what I've become known for here in Beauty Talk and I'm very fortunate to have users so receptive to what I share and what I continue to learn and pass on. :smileyhappy:

calcutta

Lylysa, thank you for elaborating on the ingredients I have posted about.

I have very sensitive skin and so does my mom. My mom swears by these ingredients and if you ever meet her, you'd think her and I were sisters (I'm 28 she is 53). She also gets regular compliments about her skin being so beautiful. Yes these ingredients are uncontrolled and like anything else, should be used with caution. But I'd rather be using these natural ingredients than chemicals on my skin any day. The cautionary part was left out, because, like any sensible user, its advisable to make the decision best suited for your skin.

lylysa

No problem! Kudos to your mother and for her taking care of her skin! :smileyvery-happy: I can definitely tell that's something that you've picked up on as you've joined in on BT.

After working enough in the retail world I learn that there's no such thing as playing things too safe when approaching someone with new knowledge. I've can share tales upon tales of mishaps, one being where someone actually ingested the oxygenating enzyme capsules from Philosophy's Oxygen Peel rather than break them open to mix into a gel to be applied to the face.

dejena

I had to reread that last sentence three solid times.

They did WHAT?!?!

That must of been an interesting trip to the emergency room :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Yeah......they ate them....swallowed them like dietary/medicinal pills.....

They were all, "I ended up taking the whole bottle and put the foam on my face and NOTHING!" O_O

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • mrsbaine
    • alkapassi
    • calcutta
    • dejena
    • redwagon44