Onceuponatime45

HOW DO YOU GET PORELESS, PORCELAIN SKIN?

600full-gyu--ri-nam.jpg

Nam Gyu-ri -49 days drama. Koreans are known to have glowing skin. Is there a lotion that makes your pores smaller and I don't mean a primer. Those are temporary. Is there something especially targeted for pores that anyone HAS used and it has worked for them?? I have tried SKII and Laneige but I'm willing to look for other brands as well. Thank you (kamsahamnida) in advance :smileyhappy:

mkupgk

Re: HOW DO YOU GET PORELESS, PORCELAIN SKIN?

Oh, im watching that drama on dramafever.  The main character is soo pretty!!!

daeidre

For those who don't mind silicon primers, I picked up the new Maybelline Baby Skin today and it's excellent. Not quite poreless, but pretty darn close once a decent foundation goes on top. I normally don't like the feel of silicon, but this one seems to settle into a lighter texture than others I've tried. I've only tried it under the Marc Jacobs foundation so far but I'm looking forward to trying a heavier coverage one.

Onceuponatime45

Plus, I gave everyone HEARTS for responding :smileyhappy:

Onceuponatime45

:smileyhappy: That's why I like this forum. You girls bring it all back to "the real world" but I have to admit, I looked up the Etude Pore line and from the reviews, it sounds pretty good. My skin is not bad but I want the extra amazingness :smileywink: Does anyone use a sunscreen that's not too thick and doesn't cause break outs??

My complexion looks pretty good in soft shade lighting too :smileywink: Shortstuff, thank you for sharing your photo with us...(I was amazed and shocked at the same time)  

saturnwings

For sunscreen, I currently am switching to (or rather, back to) Faith Cosmestics' EndeogenouS (Japanese).  It's not bad, which is to say it doesn't break me out if I've spent more than 20-30 minutes in direct sunlight.  As I find this amazing, I always recommend this sunscreen.  :smileyhappy:

You could also use a mineral sunscreen powder (PTR makes one that I keep in my purse always).  The bonus is that you can use this to re-apply your sunscreen throughout the day and get mattifying effects while being good to your skin.

shortstuff07

Etude does sound pretty good!  

I'm still looking for my HG sunscreen, but Juice Beauty makes a really good one for summer/outdoor activities.  

As a photographer, I think before and afters help, as I've found not everyone understands the heavy duty Photoshop magic until you see it side by side.  I just want people to "get" it, celebrities give us a very narrow and unrealistic expectation of what we should look like, and it just isn't okay.  With a fancyish camera and photoshop, any one can look like that, but it's sort of silly since we aren't walking around with photos on our faces.  

Seiba

upload_8536788852287643741.jpgI can't say anything on the pore-reducing front without repeating what's been said multiple times already, but maybe some tips on how to get the porcelain skin through makeup? I mean, it's pretty basic stuff and sort of mimics the "no makeup" makeup look: dewy foundation, perhaps some finishing powder like Hourglass Ambient Light Powder to suit your undertone, and little to no blush. If you check almost all korean looks, there's minimal or very very light handed blush or contouring. It sort of removes the look from the face-as-a-whole and more to the eyes, which can be lined or shadowed to look bigger. Even the mouth, the "gradient lip look" is meant to minimize the focus of the lips to the eyes. 

Personally, I find this general guideline to be suitable for any skintype - it just so happens that Korean culture popularized it to the point that they are known for that type of look. In all honesty, you don't have to be really light skinned or poreless to look like a porcelain doll, but you can well fake it if you want! WoC can pretty much rock the perfect skin just as well, the only difference is the eye makeup method. 

nhunka

Dont forget that most Korean celebs are mostly fake (lots of plastic surgery, skin bleaching, tons of makeup and skincare) . There is also a lot of retouching and airbrushing done to the pphotos. There is very few genuinely beautiful korean celebs out there.

But yes some people have small to no pores, my ex sister in law has perfect porcelain skin . She is caucasian though. 

evno

It is true that many Korean celebs have work done, but such is life in the entertainment industry. I do think that there are more than very few naturally pretty Korean celebs, though. :smileyhappy:

The point is, looking to any celebs for good skin/beauty isn't always the best goal to shoot for, since the goal might not exist in the first place. Just make sure you have a good skincare regime and invest in quality makeup products that will help you achieve that flawless, poreless look. If you need help with recommendations, just ask BT! Good luck. 

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

I completely agree. A celebrities job is to look good, by ANY means necessary. To achieve a faction of what celebrities look like, without the Photoshop. It's a A LOT of work and steps.

evno

I'm Korean, and I can speak for the genetics. My dad has really large pores, my Mom has little pores, I have just-fine pores, and my younger sister in high school has NO pores. She has the flawless, porcelain skin you're talking about, and she doesn't take care of her skin at all. 

However, that being said, good skincare always helps. Moisturizing, exfoliating regularly, and using skincare products with salicylic acid or retinoids/retinol can unclog your pores and make them look smaller. Makeup is key, too. A finishing powder, like the MUFE HD or Tarte Smooth Operator can give a flawless finish to your makeup, as well as making sure you apply your foundation thinly, so it doesn't cake on your pores. :smileyhappy:

nikki

I agree with what everyone else says about photoshopping and pore genetics.

I've found the best thing for making my pores appear smaller has been using a Clarisonic. I use the Acne Brush, but they have a Deep Pore cleaning.

(I swear I don't work for Clarisonic, I just love mine so much, I'm kinda obsessed:smileyvery-happy:)

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

The Clarisonic deep pore brushes actually made my pores larger. It's like they were stretched, became HUGE and my skin was super oily! I kept using it thinking that maybe over time it would help but after about a year I went back to the sensitive brush and my pores are now finally smaller. This might not happen to everyone but I know it's happened to others who have used the deep pore brushes.

nikki

(0) Hearts

Oh, I'll just stick to my acne brush then :/ I like it so and I think it's help my pores. Thanks for sharing though, because I was thinking about trying it to compare :/

sugarluvv

Love taeyeonimage.jpgnot sure if this is photoshopped

shortstuff07

My guess is yes.  Her left arm and her face are pretty different tonally, usually if you photoshop a face, you have to do all skin showing or it looks a touch different.  

shortstuff07

Photoshop:901522_10151502544168991_153506698_o.jpg

What I actually look like:  

IMG_0403.jpg

They're using a technique called 'skin painting' in Photoshop, it makes you look pore less and gorgeous.  Unfortunately, like everyone else has said, it's mostly genetic and what kind of care you give your skin.  Clean pores appear smaller, so I would focus more on a deep pore cleansing routine than a lotion.  Just my two cents, however.  

Chizzi

[ Edited ]

I live in Korea (part Asian) and I can safely tell you that a good amount of young Korean girls have bad skin and cake on BB cream over it. Making their face ghost white and their necks a completely different color - giving them a mask look. Photoshop is also heavily abused in most advertizements and profile pictures. So, don't be easily fooled. Not saying all, but a big majority. Typically the older ladies have very lovely skin, but they can afford it.

Celebrities spend easily $2000+ on skincare products and treatments. They do an IV whitening treatment to get fairer skin and spa facials. They mostly use products like LaMer, History of Whoo, Sulwhasoo, AmorePacific. All of which is very high end. They also see Traditional Eastern Doctors, which mix custom body cleansers and dietary medicines together. Again, very pricey.

I grew up using LaMer and later tried out History of Whoo, which I love. But, it's not realistic for anyone who doesn't have a large enough disposable income to afford these products on a regular bases. My mother happens to practice traditional Asian medicine, so I can speak on the health/skin benefits. A healthy diet also plays a huge role too and you'll find they spend a lot of money on organic products and often 'exotic' ingredients in stews/soups/teas for added health benefits.

OP, you can send me a PM if you want some more info. Sorry if I sound harsh, I just don't like to sugarcoat things.

infinitise

I couldn't agree with you anymore than I do. 

my cousin is in art school (which already cost her parents a fortune) and she can't give up high end skincare products like amore pacific, sulhwasoo, estee lauder, etc (cost so much in Korea. sometimes the prices are 3x because that way Korean people want it more and buy it more) 

annekevdb

1) tons of make-up and 2) photoshop.  Honestly, the picture looks very photoshopped. I don't think anyone can have poreless looking skin - because all skin has pores. It wouldn't work very well as skin w/o them. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 101 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • sephoramusthave
    • chupi
    • saturnwings
    • lylysa