Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|
Anonymous Insider

Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Greetings,

I was browsing around and noticed nothing some missing. So, I decided to fill in that void and start up a thread. I want to make this a little cozy corner for all alternative fashion fashionista's and anyone who is curious about the fashion, makeup and lifestyle.

Please tell us a little snippet about yourself or share your story. 

Feel free to copy&paste the examples

Style: 
How long you've been into alternative fashion:
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: 
Favorite Designers:
Favorite Makeup Brands:
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: 
Ink/Piercings: 
Zodiac: 

Gothic/Cyber/Victorian
Heavy Red
Lip Service
Rivithead

Dracula Clothing
Deadly Couture
Artifice Clothing
Decadent Designs
Futurstate
Timeless-Trends
Plastik Wrap
Rosemortem
NorthBound Leather [NSFW]

Isabella Corsetry
Black Milk

Pinup/Vintage/Retro:
Pinup Girl Clothing
ModCloth
Bettie Page Clothing
Rockabillys
Soho's Rockabilly
Stop Staring
Dita Von Teese's Von Follies

Hips and Curves
Rago Shapewear
Chic Star

NewAge:
UNIF
Dolls Kill
Domino Dollhouse

Punk:
Tripp NYC
Too Fast Alternative Apparel

Jewelery:
Blood Milk Jewels
Alchemy Gothic
Aranwen Jewelry
VampireGothic by Wolfgang Tobias

Shoes:
Tuk
Dr. Martens
Demonia
Jeffrey Campbell
New Rock
Pleaser Shoes
Sinster Soles

Other:
Sock Dreams

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Hi I'm Lindsey 🙂

My style is rather edgy/grungy. It's very rare that you will ever find me wearing a color other than black. I'll stop wearing all black when they invent a darker color 😉

I've been into alternative clothing my entire life. I've never been into color (besides on my lips, I'll rock a bright blue on them), though I admire the look of pastels.

Some pet peeves and misconceptions about my style is that my personality must fall into a "stereotype". Stereotypes by wardrobe choice just bother me in general. 

I don't really have a favorite designer. I like heaps of different pieces from different designers!

My favorite makeup brand is NARS, Makeup Forever, Too Faced and Urban Decay.

I love trying out different scents so I can't just stick to one favorite! I am rather fond of Demetor scents! They have some funky scents that just work!

I have lots of piercings. Aside from my ears, which are currently stretched to 3/4s, my septum, tragus, belly button and tongue are all pierced. I used to have a monroe, lip and nostril piercing as well. And as for tattoos I have six of them, soon to have more. I believe the body is a beautiful, blank canvas and it's one's own decision to choose whether they want to modify it or not.

I am a scorpio 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Hey Lindsey, welcome to the Dark-Side. We have cookies and Nightmare Before Christmas. 😄 

I've been looking for a blue lipstick. I tried the OCC lip tar and didn't care for it too much on their own. I mostly use them as a gloss over lipstick. Mind if I ask what you wear? 

Portland Black Lipstick Company makes a fantastically pigmented blue lipstick. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I have their black and I use it over black lip-liner I use to fill my lips in (I'm sure you know that trick). But, if you say the blue lipstick is good, I'll grab some for sure. Thanks!

Melt Cosmetics also has two shades of matte blue lipstick if you're looking for some, the problem is they don't restock often and sell out kind of quickly. Coloured Raine also has quite a few blues!

Anonymous Insider

Melt..googling now. Hot-**bleep**! Buuuuuyyying stuff as we speak.

Anonymous Insider

My blue lipstick is J'Adore Les Levres in Yeti.

Oooh I'll definitely have to check those two sites out! Thanks so much 🙂

Sounds like my kind of place 🙂

I swear by LimeCrime in No She Didn't! It's not as bright as I'd like but I just layer it with a touch of the dark blue shade from the Makeup Forever flash palette 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I like the colors, I question the quality of LimeCrime. A lot of bad business practices, dishonesty and in my opinion scamming is associated with the creator.

http://www.lipsticksandlightsabers.com/2010/01/lime-crime-beneath-glitter.html

https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Doe_Deere

Just want to give you a heads up.

I love ModCloth...I'm not an alt-fashionista myself but I love pin-up/vintage/retro clothing!

ModCloth is my go-to for classy girly dresses! 

I love ModCloth, too! Especially since they have gotten popular and now often have sale. Though some of the quality I find to be cheap, but their reviewers are great and they have awesome customer service.

Also love Bettie Page Clothing. It's a little pricey, but they have great Black Friday sales. I have two dresses from there, great quality. Here's one:

Screenshot 2014-01-18 at 5.20.05 PM.png

Anonymous Insider

I used to like their stuff, but the more popular it became...I noticed a dip in the quality. Which kinda turned me off. Not sure if it's changed at all.

Most of their clothing comes from different brands and companies so the quality really depends on those labels. I know all of the Stop Staring stuff is good quality, as are some of the other well known brands. I've had both really good stuff and some okay stuff from MC.

That dress is gorgeous!

Ohhhhh Chupi!! I love this dress!!

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for reminding me of this awesome shop. I used to eye it a lot and forgot all about it after I wiped my computer. It's been re-saved. 

Maybe I should post up a list of stores for ladies to reference. Seems like there is a lot of awesome shops to be discovered. 

Style: My style is Edgy bohemian with pinup inspirations

How long you've been into alternative fashion: All my life really. I just make outfits that fit my mood.

Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: You can't wear boots with everything or your clothes don't match. 

Favorite Designers: Black Milk, Chic wish, Crownshop, Modcloth, Antique sugar

Favorite Makeup Brands: MUFE, Dior, Urban Decay

Favorite Perfumes/Scents: Euphoria, Vince Camuto, Viva La Juicy 

Ink/Piercings: Ears, considering navel 

Zodiac:Aquarius

Anonymous Insider

Black Milk...yesss. 

Style: Old-school goth/deathrock-ish
How long you've been into alternative fashion: Uh, just about 20 years? 
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: It's a phase. You can't X and be a real X (wear white/goth; smile, have kids, whatever.) That it's inherently kid un-friendly (I have two kids.) 
Favorite Designers: Alexander McQueen, a few indies here and here.
Favorite Makeup Brands: Kat Von D, Urban Decay, Chantecaille
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: BPAL! I've been buying since 2003. Antikythera Mechanism, So Below, Sin, Satyr, October, are all favorites. 
Ink/Piercings: A large back-piece with an oak tree and crows.
Zodiac: Virgo, Year of the Dog 

More later!

113 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • [pireze]MoriStyle_01-L.jpg
  • tumblr_m1euq9UI801r97sv1o1_500.jpg
  • 4793392611_f498441622_z.jpg
  • Shurlee Sweet
  • upload_222809713324625173.jpg
  • tank_girl_by_terribilus-d5lxaq5.jpg
  • Screenshot 2014-01-18 at 5.20.05 PM.png