Chizzi

Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I was browsing around and noticed nothing some missing. So, I decided to fill in that void and start up a thread. I want to make this a little cozy corner for all alternative fashion fashionista's and anyone who is curious about the fashion, makeup and lifestyle.

Please tell us a little snippet about yourself or share your story. 

Feel free to copy&paste the examples

Style: 
How long you've been into alternative fashion:
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: 
Favorite Designers:
Favorite Makeup Brands:
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: 
Ink/Piercings: 
Zodiac: 

Gothic/Cyber/Victorian
Heavy Red
Lip Service
Rivithead

Dracula Clothing
Deadly Couture
Artifice Clothing
Decadent Designs
Futurstate
Timeless-Trends
Plastik Wrap
Rosemortem
NorthBound Leather [NSFW]

Isabella Corsetry
Black Milk

Pinup/Vintage/Retro:
Pinup Girl Clothing
ModCloth
Bettie Page Clothing
Rockabillys
Soho's Rockabilly
Stop Staring
Dita Von Teese's Von Follies

Hips and Curves
Rago Shapewear
Chic Star

NewAge:
UNIF
Dolls Kill
Domino Dollhouse

Punk:
Tripp NYC
Too Fast Alternative Apparel

Jewelery:
Blood Milk Jewels
Alchemy Gothic
Aranwen Jewelry
VampireGothic by Wolfgang Tobias

Shoes:
Tuk
Dr. Martens
Demonia
Jeffrey Campbell
New Rock
Pleaser Shoes
Sinster Soles

Other:
Sock Dreams

isabelcorbett

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

(0) Hearts

I love piercing but only my ears as it looks beautiful and you can also sport a lot of earrings.

wendyomgwar

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

So I honestly don't dress this way but I absolutely LOVE it :smileyhappy:!!

I'm a bigger girl and I love the way that dresses with those types of shapes look on me!

I guess I mainly don't dress like this because I feel like a lot of it is online (?) and I have this thing where I really can't buy clothes unless I try it on first. 

Anyways I love seeing all the pictures on here so thanks :smileyhappy:!

Chizzi

[ Edited ]

To my pinup/vintage vixens. I'm trying to remember a makeup line that is pretty geared towards that look and does more high-end type cosmetics and does all vintage color reds and some press powders. I'm really trying to remember it....ugh.

Found it: http://www.besamecosmetics.com/

urbandecaybabe

I live by Modcloth. I wear dresses almost every day, and there's a 90% chance that the dress you'll see me wearing will be from Modcloth. I wear 50's style dresses and shoes, from Modcloth, occasionally Unique Vintage, and various pieces from other stores that match my look. I don't know anyone else who lives by 50's style, and certainly not any of my peers (I'm in college--I mostly see sweatpants, leggings, hoodies, and Uggs. Also socks with sandals, shudder). 

I've been wearing 50's style for about two years now? Probably?

Emily & Fin, I think, are my favorite dress designers. There's almost nothing they've come out with that I've hated.

I will, very rarely, deviate from my look. I do own a few pairs of jeans, and some t-shirts, plus some shoes that aren't heels (GASP). I only usually wear jeans on days where I'm too exhausted to shower or I'm just feeling highly lazy. I have a pair of knee high lace up boots that aren't 50's that I adore, and I sometimes wear those. I have a pair of Docs, too. And a sequin beanie that I rock. 

But 98% of the time it's 1950's style. :smileyvery-happy:

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

Do you find that its a lot of maintenance? Do you also do the elaborate hair and makeup? I'm just curious.

I used to be really into the whole nine-yards and the older I got, the lazier I became. Now, I'm mostly Black Milk leggings, black graphic-tee or hoodie and Dr.Martens. I have too many coats, but I wear mostly leather or high cowled trenches.

I do own a nice selection of high end normal clothing. But, most of them are still in the dry cleaning bags.

urbandecaybabe

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My hair is very uncooperative with styling, so I don't do the curls. My hair can't hold a curl for more than five minutes. I do have bows and headbands that I put in my hair, and I braid it and sometimes ponytail it.

Makeup wise--it's usually only 15 minutes. Full coverage foundation, rosy cheeks, pink or red lips, neutral eyeshadows (only sometimes--I do golds, silvers, purples, and pinks as well). I fill in my eyebrows, as well. I don't have the hang of fake eyelashes, but I have really long ones anyway, so I just put mascara on. My eyeliner is usually pencil because I'm more comfortable with pencil, but that's usually black, silver, copper, or gold. When I'm feeling really bold, I do use my liquid eyeliner, but that's generally not everyday.

I'm generally more adventurous with my makeup than the mid-century would allow, but 90% of my wardrobe is mid-century. :smileyhappy:

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

The general disbelief when people find out I don't even own a single pair of jeans (I do own a pair of black canvas work pants but I wear them for, you know, heavy duty work-stuff) was funny, then annoying, and is now mostly amusing. 

ladymeag

Chic Star clothing has some interesting stuff - and they carry plus sizes (which can be hard to come by in alt-fashion.) 
Pyramid Collection leans hippie grandma but they sometimes have things (and also carry a smaller selection of plus size items)
Domino Dollhouse is exclusively plus-sized. I don't know how I'd characterize their look but it's in the general alt-fashion range. 
Rago Shapewear sells vintage and modern shapewear in a variety of sizes
Hips and Curves is exclusively plus-sized but carries a few things of use (fashion "corsets" - you know what I mean, not serious custom or shaping ones, sometimes a dress or a skirt or accessories)

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

Thank you! Adding to the list.

ladymeag

Oh! And how could I forget Sock Dreams for everything from chunky cable-knit leg warmers to cuban heeled stockings? If it goes on your feet, they have it.

malday

[ Edited ]

I'd like to suggest Stop Staring for pinup style, Dita Von Teese's Von Follies line for vintage style lingerie. If I can think of more I'll share.

Independent designer Sharon Ehman's brand Toxic Vision for a metal style.

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

Thank you, awesome shares.

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

I'm putting together a list of some shops. Please feel free to contribute and introduce some new stores.

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Style: Metal/glam/pinup.
How long you've been into alternative fashion: Over a decade.
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style:It annoys me when people say that I listen to 'devil music.' I just love metal/folk metal.
Favorite Designers: Kat Von D.
Favorite Makeup Brands: Kat Von D, Urban Decay, Bare Minerals.
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: Depends on my mood. I love perfume.
Ink/Piercings: I have three piercings in each ear. I want to get wings on my back.
Zodiac: Gemini.

Chizzi

You know what I find that works pretty good when people say that I listen to Devil music. "Hail Satan!" ...then I start chanting in Latin. I know it doesn't help, but I sure get a kick out of it.

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Haha.

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

Yeah, gottabe a rebel you know. :smileywink:

jellybean917

[ Edited ]

How long you've been into alternative fashion: I got into pinup fashion about 2 years ago. I have an hourglass figure and found it difficult to fit into many of today's trends. I love vintage silhouettes - they make me feel feminine :smileyhappy:
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: Well, I mostly wear jeans and tshirts because I work in a lab. If I had a choice, I'd wear dresses every single day. I guess since I rarely get to, people don't know what my style actually is.

Favorite Designers: Dior, Versace, Marchesa, Alexander McQueen, and many more; I could never afford these, so I get most of my dresses from Pin Up Girl Clothing.

upload_5195270221033046096.jpg

Favorite Makeup Brands: Dior, Urban Decay, YSL
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: Marc Jacobs - Daisy
Ink/Piercings: Just my ears pierced. I'd never get a tattoo, but I have no problem with them. I have a huge girl-crush on Micheline Pitt, in the pic above, and she's got tons.
Zodiac: Virgo

LindenAnn

(0) Hearts

Same figure, same taste in dresses, same problem with work. How I wish I could wear dresses to the lab....

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

Pinup is very curvy girl friendly.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 70 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire