Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|
Anonymous Insider

Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Greetings,

I was browsing around and noticed nothing some missing. So, I decided to fill in that void and start up a thread. I want to make this a little cozy corner for all alternative fashion fashionista's and anyone who is curious about the fashion, makeup and lifestyle.

Please tell us a little snippet about yourself or share your story. 

Feel free to copy&paste the examples

Style: 
How long you've been into alternative fashion:
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: 
Favorite Designers:
Favorite Makeup Brands:
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: 
Ink/Piercings: 
Zodiac: 

Gothic/Cyber/Victorian
Heavy Red
Lip Service
Rivithead

Dracula Clothing
Deadly Couture
Artifice Clothing
Decadent Designs
Futurstate
Timeless-Trends
Plastik Wrap
Rosemortem
NorthBound Leather [NSFW]

Isabella Corsetry
Black Milk

Pinup/Vintage/Retro:
Pinup Girl Clothing
ModCloth
Bettie Page Clothing
Rockabillys
Soho's Rockabilly
Stop Staring
Dita Von Teese's Von Follies

Hips and Curves
Rago Shapewear
Chic Star

NewAge:
UNIF
Dolls Kill
Domino Dollhouse

Punk:
Tripp NYC
Too Fast Alternative Apparel

Jewelery:
Blood Milk Jewels
Alchemy Gothic
Aranwen Jewelry
VampireGothic by Wolfgang Tobias

Shoes:
Tuk
Dr. Martens
Demonia
Jeffrey Campbell
New Rock
Pleaser Shoes
Sinster Soles

Other:
Sock Dreams

Anonymous Insider

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Yeah, gottabe a rebel you know. 😉

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

How long you've been into alternative fashion: I got into pinup fashion about 2 years ago. I have an hourglass figure and found it difficult to fit into many of today's trends. I love vintage silhouettes - they make me feel feminine 🙂
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: Well, I mostly wear jeans and tshirts because I work in a lab. If I had a choice, I'd wear dresses every single day. I guess since I rarely get to, people don't know what my style actually is.

Favorite Designers: Dior, Versace, Marchesa, Alexander McQueen, and many more; I could never afford these, so I get most of my dresses from Pin Up Girl Clothing.

upload_5195270221033046096.jpg

Favorite Makeup Brands: Dior, Urban Decay, YSL
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: Marc Jacobs - Daisy
Ink/Piercings: Just my ears pierced. I'd never get a tattoo, but I have no problem with them. I have a huge girl-crush on Micheline Pitt, in the pic above, and she's got tons.
Zodiac: Virgo

Anonymous Insider

Wow! You look amazing! 🙂

Same figure, same taste in dresses, same problem with work. How I wish I could wear dresses to the lab....

Anonymous Insider

Pinup is very curvy girl friendly.

Sorry, what do you mean by that?  I'm half asleep so I apologize if what you said was really obvious, but I don't really understand what you're saying and if you're saying it to anyone in particular?

Anonymous Insider

Pinup accentuates and plays up on the fact that women have curves. If you notice the cut and patterns of the clothing, like the high-waisted jeans and flared out dresses that pinch just beneath the bust or at the waist. If you're busty, this style works well too and its ultra feminine. (I was replying to Jellybean and agreeing with her)bettie.jpglarge.jpg

That dress is so gorgeous. 

In general I am younger so I don't have years and years of experience. I stick with combining things that are considered punk,androgyny, and random Japanese street styles. It changes day to day. I also add in random cosplay items like my survey corps jacket coming in I plan to make a more steampunk like outfit with it. Hair dye is my favorite thing ever and I am currently trying to get white hair using a lot of toner.For stores I live about 2 hours away from the village in NY so I like to go to Search and Destroy as well as Trash and Vaudeville.  

My white half was kept that way with a full-bleach run, then a bleach-and-toner run (lavender-toned.) Maintained pretty well between six-week applications with a tinted shampoo for platinum blondes. Time consuming but so awesome. 

I am trying to get a teal color out and even with three bleach applications it is still there so I have to give my hair a break for now. But I will definitely keep all of this in mind. 

Anonymous Insider

icon.jpgI want silver hair, but I have more Asian type hair that is extremely hard to color or tone correctly. So, I opt for wigs when I want to get in touch with my inner Drow. I'd kill to have silver hair though...*sigh* 

Attack on Titan fan eh?

Kind of obsessed with it to be honest. Wigs are awesome I have tons and wear them often. 

OH MY GOSH I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS ;_____;

I want to try silver hair so bad but I think my skin tone is way too warm. A wig is a great idea.

Anonymous Insider

Well, a great pretty realistic looking wig brand is cyperous wigs. It's the one I'm wearing in the picture. Awesome Japanese fibers and well sought after by cosplayers, a definite recommend.

http://cyperous.com/english/

Anonymous Insider

Style: Snapshot_20131207.JPGGoth I suppose ahah
How long you've been into alternative fashion: Since I was 15 so about 7 years.
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: A LOT of people assume I have no understanding of what normal is or how to dress normal for things like job interviews. I've heard SO many times, "You know you have to dress nice to get a job? Like no weird clothes..." -____-
Favorite Designers: I'm not sure about designers but brands I like are Lip Service, Poizen Industries/Vixxsin, Iron Fist, and Demonia
Favorite Makeup Brands: Illamasqua, Sugar Pill, MAC, and OCC
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: Pink (I don't know the company, I just know it's called Pink)
Ink/Piercings: Bat tattoo on my chest lol
Zodiac:Capricorn

Anonymous Insider

Oh Lip Service, an old flame. I used to really love their old classic goth clothing, with the gowns and capes. Not sure what happened over the years.

Yeah, I feel yeah on those comments.

I don't wear alternative clothing, but I have always loved the glammed up inked girl look and pin up. I have the biggest girl crush on Stefani Chapman (Stef_Lova1), so gorgeous!

upload_6347922569173977975.jpgStyle: I'm a jeans & tank top kind of girl.
Favorite Designers: Michael Costello, Marchesa, Calvin Klein, Giuseppe Zanotti, Rachel Roy
Favorite Makeup Brands: MAC, YSL, Estee Lauder, Tarte, ABH, Laura Mercier, Urban Decay, MUFE
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: Diesel Loverdose, GAP Pink, Escada Rockin Rio, D&G The One, Armani Code
Ink/Piercings: Ears & Navel
Zodiac: Capricorn < and so true to my personality

The site isn't letting me reply directly to you Chizzi, but thanks for saying I remind you of Tank Girl!  I love her, you made my day!

Anonymous Insider

Yesssss! Achievement unlocked! *Victory pose*

ok, now I can reply directly, lol!!!

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • [pireze]MoriStyle_01-L.jpg
  • tumblr_m1euq9UI801r97sv1o1_500.jpg
  • 4793392611_f498441622_z.jpg
  • Shurlee Sweet
  • upload_222809713324625173.jpg
  • tank_girl_by_terribilus-d5lxaq5.jpg
  • Screenshot 2014-01-18 at 5.20.05 PM.png
  • upload_7059904221973423444.jpg
  • 1c0533c9c36734dcf3cc4a7a66848a03.jpg