Chizzi

Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I was browsing around and noticed nothing some missing. So, I decided to fill in that void and start up a thread. I want to make this a little cozy corner for all alternative fashion fashionista's and anyone who is curious about the fashion, makeup and lifestyle.

Please tell us a little snippet about yourself or share your story. 

Feel free to copy&paste the examples

Style: 
How long you've been into alternative fashion:
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: 
Favorite Designers:
Favorite Makeup Brands:
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: 
Ink/Piercings: 
Zodiac: 

Gothic/Cyber/Victorian
Heavy Red
Lip Service
Rivithead

Dracula Clothing
Deadly Couture
Artifice Clothing
Decadent Designs
Futurstate
Timeless-Trends
Plastik Wrap
Rosemortem
NorthBound Leather [NSFW]

Isabella Corsetry
Black Milk

Pinup/Vintage/Retro:
Pinup Girl Clothing
ModCloth
Bettie Page Clothing
Rockabillys
Soho's Rockabilly
Stop Staring
Dita Von Teese's Von Follies

Hips and Curves
Rago Shapewear
Chic Star

NewAge:
UNIF
Dolls Kill
Domino Dollhouse

Punk:
Tripp NYC
Too Fast Alternative Apparel

Jewelery:
Blood Milk Jewels
Alchemy Gothic
Aranwen Jewelry
VampireGothic by Wolfgang Tobias

Shoes:
Tuk
Dr. Martens
Demonia
Jeffrey Campbell
New Rock
Pleaser Shoes
Sinster Soles

Other:
Sock Dreams

solveig

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

(0) Hearts

This. This is incredible. I love steampunk, unfortunately it doesn't fit my everyday needs. :'( The most I go for is a skeleton dial watch.

LindenAnn

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You have made me want to get the corset and handpiece and go cosplay somewhere.

kimchikween

I want to get a pin-up style swimsuit for this summer - from ModCloth..I also love this site b/c they have clothes that fit stylish ladies of all shapes and sizes

upload_7059904221973423444.jpg

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I have a suit just like this! :smileyvery-happy: it's red and gorgeous and makes me feel/look like Marilyn Monroe, haha. Love retro-chic! 

LindenAnn

Looks like I really have to check out this ModCloth place! :smileyvery-happy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love ModCloth's bathing suits -- I've always wanted to order one! I have these from J. Crew (the first looks more traditionally pin up, but the second looks like it on -- the picture is deceiving).

You can't see them, but the first one has tiny anchors printed all over it, and the second is Liberty floral.

1c0533c9c36734dcf3cc4a7a66848a03.jpgjcrew.jpg

chupi

I have the anchor one in a two piece!

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I have a suit like this and it is so flattering!!!! You will LOVE it!!

LindenAnn

[ Edited ]

I love old 40s/50s style clothing, mostly because that was the last time they made clothes that were designed for my body type. Unfortunately, I can't wear dresses to work so I don't actually own any of those gorgeous dresses.

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Same here!!! 

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

Oh boy, spent the whole night online and playing video games. I should be sleeping, it's like 6:52 in Korea. I'll return to thread and play catch up later. Night/Good Morning Ladies!

MakeupJunkie666

I am really into the punk/goth/pinup looks. I am also a huge fan of body modifications (I have my earlobes stretched to 7/16ths, septum pierced, and one tattoo; I am focusing on getting more tattoos in the future). Colorful hair is also something I love (I had half black and half red hair and I miss it dearly)

I wish I could fully delve into these looks but due to my career choice I am not free to do so. As a microbiologist, body modifications and alternative styles are not really accepted. I have been lucky enough to work with individuals who look at my abilities in my field rather than my mods/style choices but I still must be cautious until I am fully secured in my field.

I am a huge of Kat von D and most of my inspiration comes from her. I love her makeup/perfume/clothing line and I am hoping to be tattooed by her in the future.  

upload_222809713324625173.jpg

This was one of my favorite pin up inspired look with my black/red hair (I miss it dearly lol). 

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

Before I go to sleep, I must say...I love the hair. It's made of win and awesome. 

HelloCoffee

My style is pretty much punky-military inspired, with some colorful tees and 80s inspired makeup.  Think Lara Croft + Cyndi Lauper, ha ha.  Lots of cargo pants (skinny and baggy), military jackets but with colorful shirts and makeup,lol.

-I've been doing this for about 15 years

-just one hole in each ear (no others or tats…..horrified of needles)

-Betsey Johnson is the best! (when I have to get dressed up), I also like Allen B from JCP a lot.  I am not too into designers because I can't afford them, lol

-makeup: I love it all, but my favs are MUFE, MAC

-perfume: Gucci Rush, Nina Ricci Ricci, Kenzo Amour

-Scorpio

-misconceptions: people assume I smoke, drink too much, do drugs, don't have any spirituality, hate kids.  It's annoying.  

Chizzi

The power of Scorpio's is strong in this thread. 

For some reason...I picture you like Tankgirl. 

tank_girl_by_terribilus-d5lxaq5.jpg

HelloCoffee

yay!!!!

ljp93

Hi I'm Lindsey :smileyhappy:

My style is rather edgy/grungy. It's very rare that you will ever find me wearing a color other than black. I'll stop wearing all black when they invent a darker color :smileywink:

I've been into alternative clothing my entire life. I've never been into color (besides on my lips, I'll rock a bright blue on them), though I admire the look of pastels.

Some pet peeves and misconceptions about my style is that my personality must fall into a "stereotype". Stereotypes by wardrobe choice just bother me in general. 

I don't really have a favorite designer. I like heaps of different pieces from different designers!

My favorite makeup brand is NARS, Makeup Forever, Too Faced and Urban Decay.

I love trying out different scents so I can't just stick to one favorite! I am rather fond of Demetor scents! They have some funky scents that just work!

I have lots of piercings. Aside from my ears, which are currently stretched to 3/4s, my septum, tragus, belly button and tongue are all pierced. I used to have a monroe, lip and nostril piercing as well. And as for tattoos I have six of them, soon to have more. I believe the body is a beautiful, blank canvas and it's one's own decision to choose whether they want to modify it or not.

I am a scorpio :smileyhappy:

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

Hey Lindsey, welcome to the Dark-Side. We have cookies and Nightmare Before Christmas. :smileyvery-happy: 

I've been looking for a blue lipstick. I tried the OCC lip tar and didn't care for it too much on their own. I mostly use them as a gloss over lipstick. Mind if I ask what you wear? 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Portland Black Lipstick Company makes a fantastically pigmented blue lipstick. :smileyhappy:

Chizzi

(0) Hearts

I have their black and I use it over black lip-liner I use to fill my lips in (I'm sure you know that trick). But, if you say the blue lipstick is good, I'll grab some for sure. Thanks!

malday

Melt Cosmetics also has two shades of matte blue lipstick if you're looking for some, the problem is they don't restock often and sell out kind of quickly. Coloured Raine also has quite a few blues!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 70 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire
    • malday
    • marydiva