Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|
Anonymous Insider

Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Greetings,

I was browsing around and noticed nothing some missing. So, I decided to fill in that void and start up a thread. I want to make this a little cozy corner for all alternative fashion fashionista's and anyone who is curious about the fashion, makeup and lifestyle.

Please tell us a little snippet about yourself or share your story. 

Feel free to copy&paste the examples

Style: 
How long you've been into alternative fashion:
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: 
Favorite Designers:
Favorite Makeup Brands:
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: 
Ink/Piercings: 
Zodiac: 

Gothic/Cyber/Victorian
Heavy Red
Lip Service
Rivithead

Dracula Clothing
Deadly Couture
Artifice Clothing
Decadent Designs
Futurstate
Timeless-Trends
Plastik Wrap
Rosemortem
NorthBound Leather [NSFW]

Isabella Corsetry
Black Milk

Pinup/Vintage/Retro:
Pinup Girl Clothing
ModCloth
Bettie Page Clothing
Rockabillys
Soho's Rockabilly
Stop Staring
Dita Von Teese's Von Follies

Hips and Curves
Rago Shapewear
Chic Star

NewAge:
UNIF
Dolls Kill
Domino Dollhouse

Punk:
Tripp NYC
Too Fast Alternative Apparel

Jewelery:
Blood Milk Jewels
Alchemy Gothic
Aranwen Jewelry
VampireGothic by Wolfgang Tobias

Shoes:
Tuk
Dr. Martens
Demonia
Jeffrey Campbell
New Rock
Pleaser Shoes
Sinster Soles

Other:
Sock Dreams

Anonymous Insider

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

So, I take it you read comics?

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

yep  : )   It's harder to find the time these days, but I try

Anonymous Insider

Nice. You do the mainstream marvel/DC stuff or more independent comics?

If I had the money for it [and because I will be working more now I will soon!] I would dress up in steampunk fashion all day every day, or well when I wasn't at work.

5cd6eabbb5a30b9f01fb3d224cf1fb15.jpg

5d1d021592b2089346bc2849ea612e2d.jpg

tumblr_myw24pPJSn1r9irpdo5_500.jpg

untitled_1_by_pinkabsinthe-d6y9n35.jpg

Like, my confidence would be through the roof if I had either one of these. And that hand piece? Want. Necklace? Want. 

Anonymous Insider

....I want those corsets. Though, I'm not a huge fan with Steampunk to be honest. Mostly because of the crowd of people it typically attracts, very ignorant and pretentious types. I attend a ton of Conventions and LARP, they definitely treat it like a special club house. -_-  ...but, I'm not saying all steampunks are like that.

This. This is incredible. I love steampunk, unfortunately it doesn't fit my everyday needs. :'( The most I go for is a skeleton dial watch.

You have made me want to get the corset and handpiece and go cosplay somewhere.

I want to get a pin-up style swimsuit for this summer - from ModCloth..I also love this site b/c they have clothes that fit stylish ladies of all shapes and sizes

upload_7059904221973423444.jpg

I have a suit just like this! 😄 it's red and gorgeous and makes me feel/look like Marilyn Monroe, haha. Love retro-chic! 

Looks like I really have to check out this ModCloth place! 😄

I love ModCloth's bathing suits -- I've always wanted to order one! I have these from J. Crew (the first looks more traditionally pin up, but the second looks like it on -- the picture is deceiving).

You can't see them, but the first one has tiny anchors printed all over it, and the second is Liberty floral.

1c0533c9c36734dcf3cc4a7a66848a03.jpgjcrew.jpg

I have the anchor one in a two piece!

I have a suit like this and it is so flattering!!!! You will LOVE it!!

I love old 40s/50s style clothing, mostly because that was the last time they made clothes that were designed for my body type. Unfortunately, I can't wear dresses to work so I don't actually own any of those gorgeous dresses.

Same here!!! 

Anonymous Insider

Oh boy, spent the whole night online and playing video games. I should be sleeping, it's like 6:52 in Korea. I'll return to thread and play catch up later. Night/Good Morning Ladies!

I am really into the punk/goth/pinup looks. I am also a huge fan of body modifications (I have my earlobes stretched to 7/16ths, septum pierced, and one tattoo; I am focusing on getting more tattoos in the future). Colorful hair is also something I love (I had half black and half red hair and I miss it dearly)

I wish I could fully delve into these looks but due to my career choice I am not free to do so. As a microbiologist, body modifications and alternative styles are not really accepted. I have been lucky enough to work with individuals who look at my abilities in my field rather than my mods/style choices but I still must be cautious until I am fully secured in my field.

I am a huge of Kat von D and most of my inspiration comes from her. I love her makeup/perfume/clothing line and I am hoping to be tattooed by her in the future.  

upload_222809713324625173.jpg

This was one of my favorite pin up inspired look with my black/red hair (I miss it dearly lol). 

Anonymous Insider

Before I go to sleep, I must say...I love the hair. It's made of win and awesome. 

My style is pretty much punky-military inspired, with some colorful tees and 80s inspired makeup.  Think Lara Croft + Cyndi Lauper, ha ha.  Lots of cargo pants (skinny and baggy), military jackets but with colorful shirts and makeup,lol.

-I've been doing this for about 15 years

-just one hole in each ear (no others or tats…..horrified of needles)

-Betsey Johnson is the best! (when I have to get dressed up), I also like Allen B from JCP a lot.  I am not too into designers because I can't afford them, lol

-makeup: I love it all, but my favs are MUFE, MAC

-perfume: Gucci Rush, Nina Ricci Ricci, Kenzo Amour

-Scorpio

-misconceptions: people assume I smoke, drink too much, do drugs, don't have any spirituality, hate kids.  It's annoying.  

Anonymous Insider

The power of Scorpio's is strong in this thread. 

For some reason...I picture you like Tankgirl. 

tank_girl_by_terribilus-d5lxaq5.jpg

yay!!!!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • [pireze]MoriStyle_01-L.jpg
  • tumblr_m1euq9UI801r97sv1o1_500.jpg
  • 4793392611_f498441622_z.jpg
  • Shurlee Sweet
  • upload_222809713324625173.jpg
  • tank_girl_by_terribilus-d5lxaq5.jpg
  • Screenshot 2014-01-18 at 5.20.05 PM.png
  • upload_7059904221973423444.jpg