ghkim

Getting to $25

When you want to purchase something that is under $25 and you have free shipping (rouge or flash), do you add small items to get the $25 promo or do you just settle for the 3 free samples? What are some good 1-10$ items to add to a purchase in order to get to the $25 mark?

Britlee303

Re: Getting to $25

(0) Hearts

Definitely always go for the promo :smileyhappy: If I only need a couple of dollars I go for the $2 hair ties because even though that is ridiculously overpriced for a piece of elastic, I love those things and am constantly losing them. Plus the promos are worth more than the extra $2 anyway. For items closer to $10, I just keep anything that catches my eye on my loves list and then buy it when I "need" it to get the promo. Right now I am looking at a Soap and Glory lip balm that I've heard good things about. And if all else fails and you can't find anything good in the sale section, you can never have too much Shiseido cotton!

hypnoticpoise

Uh oh, sample addict shame lol, of course I try to get to $25 just to get a cool gwp. I wish there were some under $25 gift codes, but when there are, they show up on deal sites and people abuse them e.g. "Get free BE foundation sample, 3 samples, and clearance nail file for $2!" lol, everyone wants a deal self included but those posts bug me because they ruin it for everyone. I digress, yes I comb the site for extra items. Right now I want the Benefit VIB kit (VIBSPREE) but it requires $35, and the main item I want is $32 (Buxom Time to Shine gift set) *sighs* .

1930sbella

Missie772

Totally cute!

melanito

(0) Hearts

i've been buying the 2 hair ties (like the one they had on fan friday a couple of weeks ago). They're really great compared to regular fabric coloured elastics.

knadala

I make sure to add whatever $5 and under items I like into my wishlist, so in the event of wanting to qualify for the promo, I have all my options lined up. 

carolang

The $10 I am saving on my loves list for my next order is the sephora brand twist and spout dispenser... It's like those ones they have the make up remover in store, where you can just press a cotton round on top and it will dispense product (I want to use it for toner) also KVD has mini $10 eye liners. The body wash caps are good in you need an extra dollar or 2.

melde

(0) Hearts

I've always wanted to order one of those dispensers but I don't know what section they would be under online....?

vanillammm

Here is the link to the Twist and Spout dispenser:

http://www.sephora.com/twist-spout-dispenser-P377375

melde

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!

misscg

Sometimes I just stay at the price I'm at, like if its an impulse buy thats $10 then i'll just order it like that. If it's more then I check the sale section or order mini lip pencils, $1 body wash, or whatever else is cheap. I also keep a bunch of stuff in my loves and combine the low price ones to make an order that's between $25-35.

LindaDD

It depends on how far I am from $25, but I usually try to add enough for a promo.

Here's a really helpful tip I learned from someone: If you type in the amount you need to spend to get to the minimum in the search box ($5 or whatever), it gives you everything on the site within $2 of that amount!

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

Has the price search stopped working?  I'm getting a bunch of different prices.

mafan

That enter the price tip is great!  Perfect for finding little gifts for people, too. 

Of course, now I see that little Christmas goodies are starting to be added, and for some reason I want this one:

http://www.sephora.com/impulse-gloss-P381513?skuId=1515857swfupload_7223029665705264720.jpg

Talk about impulse!  I would hang it on my tree right next to my stitching chair, so I'd have it handy when I can't keep my table that holds my junk up because the tree goes there.  Very silly!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

That's awesome! Thanks!

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

oh my goodness, that is amazing! This must be a new function because I know I have tried that a few times a WHILE back and it didn't give me those results!

Thanks for sharing!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i'm definitely using this tip from now on - thanks!

Nicrohr

[ Edited ]

lol I ALWAYS add something; I can't resist the promos.

I also use the sort by price - low to high feature, as someone mentioned below!

I will also load the sale section and sort by price.

I also get those little black and brown plastic hair ties (3.50 a pack, I think).  Right now I have like 5 packs waiting in stock in my med cab.

There are also some fun single use masks!

Next time I am trying some of the ideas in this thread -- like searching "travel" or "to go"!!!

vanillammm

When I need a few extra dollars in my basket this is what I do:

Type one of these words in the "search" box:

Travel

Small

To go

Tool

Cleanser

Balm

(you get the picture)

And then I go to the "sort by" box and choose "price low to high"

It has helped me out on a few occasions.

lilyyy

I just settle if I am under $25. If I am at $24, I treat myself to a $1 body wash. The small samples aren't that big of a deal to me as I usually give them away.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 55 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • melanito
    • misscg
    • annonymous1
    • lilyyy
    • mafan
    • hypnoticpoise