Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

For anyone familiar with Guerlain skincare: do you recognize the scent in many of their skincare products?   In particular the "Super Aqua Plumping Lotion" toner?

It reminds me of a scent I've been trying to track down for years!

I have a question about Guerlain 'points of sale'. I was looking for a Guerlain boutique on their website, and they didn't have anything in N California, so I searched S California and the result was super weird.

Some randon names,I checked the map and they all seem to be private residences. I'm wondering if anyone has a clue about what  is going on? Is guerlain being sold by representatives like Avon? (I know it's impossible, but it's what it looks like).

@meganlisa, I know you live nearby LA, do you have any clue on this mistery?

Guerlain strange points of Sale.png

@DaintyDiva I have no idea! Guerlain in store isn't that common in LA, not even in specialty stores. I'd have to guess as well that it's a glitch. I'm on my phone all day today (not near a computer) so didn't click through to the addresses but hmmmm.., maybe duty free locations that only sell the fragrances? I think we have some of those maybe.

we need boutiques though!!!

I zoomed all the places in the map and then looked them up on google earth, even the one in Beverly Hills, they are all residences, nothing else :/. It's super weird.  @meganlisa Thanks for taking a look despite being so busy Heart I do agree we need Guerlain Boutiques, the variety of their scents / bottles sold in the US is much smaller than what is offered in Canada (not to mention Europe).

@DaintyDiva I wonder if it's a bizarre glitch? I'd maybe try emailing Guerlain this screenshot to see if they know what's going on, because it's very odd.

IIRC there are very, very few Guerlain boutiques since it's normally just sold at counters. I had only heard of the Boutique in NYC and Las Vegas for the US (and the small boutique-esque store in Disney World).

@lachaton It seems to be a glitch, and I wonder where those names came from anyway? (Are they costumers that have an acct on the website? Am I in danger of becoming a 'point of sales'? lol 😄 ) I thought of emailing them, but I noticed the email address is in France, not sure they'll take much notice.

Thanks for letting me know of those 3 boutique locations, now I know where to look up 😉 

@DaintyDiva You could try contacting them to see if they could ship an order to you. (I know the one in Toronto will do that in Canada at least.) 

They all show up at Dana st, which is odd because there are churches and a school on this street. If there was a store, I would think the partners would be like a counter where you could buy Guerlain but it doesn't appear that way.

@vchotia My thoughts exactly. I had hopes of ordering a customized bottle, but I don't think it's going to happen. I would need a standing alone boutique,unfortunately a counter inside a department store couldn't do something like this 😞

WOW 👀👀

IMG_7878.PNG

wow..... wow... i am speechless

I have absolutely no need for this, and yet I now desperately want it. How gorgeous!

Noooooooooo I don't want another bronzer!!! This is soooo pretty. lol @MlleCC I think it might be gold not green.

@shimmerbait:  I'm intrigued! Terracotta is a line of bronzers, right? But this compact looks...green?! The packaging and embossing is gorgeous!

MlleCC, I agree with Maria88, I think it's golden (looking green as picture was taken under poor lighting)

New meteorites

IMG_8688.PNG

I hope they're as beautiful as they look in the picture!

I love the pink container!  I am also intrigued by the Baby Glow Touch! 💗💗💗

The container is so pretty!

Thanks P!  Those pearls are so pretty!

I'm on a Guerlain kick as of late. I picked up the Happy Glow Meteorites last weekend at Bloomingdales (blush is too glittery for me), and finally bit the bullet and bought the L'Or primer.

Only I'm still waiting for that order to ship, Sephora. I'm going to be out of my sample before you send the primer less than 100 miles! GRRR.

I've been side-eyeing the Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer again- that's the first bronzer I've ever panned. I guess it was the price tag that made me hesitate on repurchasing.

testing