Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I'm on a Guerlain kick as of late. I picked up the Happy Glow Meteorites last weekend at Bloomingdales (blush is too glittery for me), and finally bit the bullet and bought the L'Or primer.

Only I'm still waiting for that order to ship, Sephora. I'm going to be out of my sample before you send the primer less than 100 miles! GRRR.

I've been side-eyeing the Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer again- that's the first bronzer I've ever panned. I guess it was the price tag that made me hesitate on repurchasing.

@starletta8  ruelala has them on sale today!

Anyone else notice on the Canada side that a lot of Guerlain is out of stock online here? Weiiiiiiiiiird.

@Insomniacmuffin There's a lot of stuff that is mysteriously OOS or "cannot be shipped to Canada" today... some kind of a weird website maintenance glitch? Maybe? I hope?

Hi if anyone wants the spring Guerlain blush Happy Glow it's on Nordstrom right now, says it ships in February but it's there for order! I know this sold out a lot of places..

Video, finally.  These work on me but are very subtle (yet still manage to have glitter in them, but less than the holiday meteorites).  They are light and cool toned on me.  I'm not sure these would work on those with warmer or darker skin.

Mine was only half full, which seems a little less than normal.  They're never "full" but this seemed different.  Anyone else notice it?

@@Meganlisa enjoyed your video and the honest and fun review of it! 😘

@Sunnysmom  Appreciate it!!

@meganlisa And oops forgot to mention Moe!! SO cute!!! 

@meganlisa Great video! I'm on the fence about the Happy Glow Meteorites because of the price tag. That and I don't know if I'll be able to stop collecting once I start.;)

PS: Moe is adorable!

@trishavt Thanks!  It's a pricey habit to get into.  I now feel like I need them all, which is crazy.

Moe thinks he's adorable too.  Very vain cat.  But sweet.

I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not, but the Happy Glow blush seems to be even more fragrant than the Meteorites.  As soon as I opened my shipping box today, I could tell I would never be able to wear the blush because the scent is too strong.

It's also extremely glittery.

Does anyone have any idea when Sephora will be getting this collection?  The pressed blush seems to be sold out everywhere 😕

@actasst  I don't know; usually Sephora does get the limited editions.  Izzy's Beauty Shoppe has the blush and lipsticks, but charge extra for them.  Shipping is free at $100.

Costco is selling these two items on their website for members only, there are a few different lipstick colors. Best part is the huge discount 🙂Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 10.39.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-13 at 10.39.31 PM.png

Swatchy swatchy of the spring blush❤️

IMG_2070.JPG

Pretty! Looks very light though. 

It's a little(very slightly) darker than this but it is subtle. This is 1 swipe of my finger too, no blending. @lnum

Thank you for the details! I am happy I can skip this too, I would not use it often enough. 

2 Replies
testing